Chapter Twelve: For Whom the Alarm Buzzes

It All Started with a Big Bang...

Top knew that his day likely wouldn't be going according to plan from the moment he awoke.  Or, more specifically, the moment he awoke to the sound of his doorbell being rung repeatedly.  He glanced at his alarm clock and to his great disappointment, saw that he was running late and that he must have managed to turn off his alarm in his sleep.

Without further ado, he lept out of bed and flew down the hall before skidding to a stop in front of the door, which he proceeded to yank open without bothering to check who it was.  Unsurprisingly, he found the majority of his other members staring up at him expectantly.

"Hey, um, I'm running a little late..." Top started.

"We can see that, hyung," Daesung pointed out  politely.  Top just rolled his eyes at this, moving aside to let them in.  Seungri entered first, followed by Daesung and Young bae.

"I still haven't gotten a chance to go grocery shopping, so I'm not sure what there is to eat...  Where's Jiyong, by the way?"

"He knew you had no food, so he woke up early to buy stuff for breakfast," Seungri explained, holding up a grocery bag Top hadn't noticed before. "But then he decided, since he didn't get a chance yesterday, he was going to go talk to the choreographer.  So he's already at the studio."

"Ah.  Well that was nice of him...  He's not even eating any..." Top murmured, mostly to himself.

"I think he took some with him to eat," Seungri responded anyway.

"Oh good.  Then, um, you guys eat and I'll get ready."

With that, he dashed back to his bedroom.  The other guys made themselves at home as Seungri spread out the food GD had given him.  They munched and chatted and watched with detached interest as Top darted in and out of the room, getting ready at light speed.  About 15 minutes later, their manager called to tell them that the car was out front.

"Go ahead of me," Top called from the bathroom when the others let him know.  "I'll just ask 2NE1's manager to take me."

"You sure?" Young bae asked as they stood putting their shoes on by the door.

"Yeah, yes, it's fine," Top told them as he shot from the bathroom back into his room in a blur.

"Alright," Young bae called as they walked out the door, waving good bye. "We're going first.  See you soon."  Top heard the door click shut and reached for his phone.  He quickly called the other manager and pleaded for a ride to the studio, all the while grabbing clothes and last minute items like his wallet.  The manager promised to be outside with a car in five minutes.

Top hurried into the kitchen, finding that the others had made a plate for him as well.  He gulped down the food as fast as he could before his phone rang.  He answered it immediately.

"I'll be down right away, manager hyung," he said, tossing his bowl into the sink.  He was halfway out the door when he realized that he'd forgotten last night's purchase.  He hurried back into his room, jumping over the mess he'd made trying to get ready in a rush, snatching the small package from his bedside table before finally making it out the door, hurrying to the elevator.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Sorry that this chapter is so short.  I plan on updating again either later tonight or tomorrow, but I wanted to get a bit out since I finally typed it up. :)

I'll try to make the next update long enough to make up for it. :D

Comments and subscriptions make me happy!

I hope you're all still liking it. :D