Chapter Twenty One: The Back of Yo Head is Ridiculous

It All Started with a Big Bang...

It was quarter to 10 in the morning on Friday when GD found himself in the very deserted third floor hallway of the company building, on his way to the review lesson.  Apparently Top and the others really weren't kidding about how much easier it was to arrive early for evening classes when they were already awake.  Personally, he'd always been a morning person and, as it was, he was still in the habit of waking up for Teacher Park's 8am classes.  He had naturally woken up around the same time that morning, so - unable to take advantage of sleeping in - he had arrived at the studio early to work out and talk with Teddy about some production concerns for their next project.  After dawdling for as long as he could, he was still earlier than everyone else, but at least Caden was already there.

This he confirmed, popping his head in the door to find her still setting up her supplies.  She glanced up as he entered the classroom, smiling warmly.  He returned the gesture, internally debating over whether he should sit in a desk, or if it was rude to speak across the classroom if he was the only one there.

"Ah, you're the first to arrive," Caden announced good-naturedly in Korean, grinning at him before turning back to her supplies. "I'm not surprised - I had a hunch that most of the other boys could only manage to be early if class didn't correlate with waking up in the morning."  GD grinned widely, deciding to make his way over to where she stood in front of her desk.

"I was just thinking the exact same thing as I was walking up," he revealed, appreciating that they seemed to be on the same wave length.

"Unlike you, though, I don't really have the right to tease them about it," she admitted, laughing. "In just this past week since we started evening classes, I've gotten used to sleeping in - I slept right through my first alarm this morning.  Good thing I know myself well enough to set a second one."

"That's true," GD confirmed teasingly, watching as she tried to balance her giant lesson plan (with many various papers sticking out of it haphazardly) in one hand, while attempting to remove several books from her bag with the other. "The teacher being late to the lesson for oversleeping?  You never would have lived it down."  Caden laughed appreciatively at that comment.

"You're all so nice to me," she joked, finally managing to pull one book out before reaching back for the other two. "You're right though.  When I hit snooze on my second alarm, I woke up in a panic, thinking I was late - it was a major flashback to my college days."

He watched as she struggled to lift two heavy books with her one spare hand, and wasn't surprised when one of them slipped back into the bag - this caused Caden to jerk, overcompensating for the change in weight, which caused her lesson plan to slip out of her other hand.  GD managed to catch this before it hit the floor, but the majority of her papers went flying.  Caden surveyed the damage with detacted interest.

"Ah, look.  I'm making a mess," she declared mildly, sighing before dropping to her knees to clean up.

"Sorry about that, teacher," GD said, following suit.

"Oh please, you have no reason to apologize," she assured him, rolling her eyes at herself. "I was in too much of a rush this morning, trying to get here before anyone else, that I just threw everything in my bag without even thinking.  I half expected this to happen."  They began gathering the fallen papers dilligently.

"So why is it that you always seem to be dropping things at my feet?" GD joked as he organized the sheets he'd retrieved into a neat pile.  Caden looked up at him quizzically for a moment before her expression changed to one of realization.

"Oh that's right!  The cans..." she exclaimed, laughing at the memory as she reached for one particular paper that had managed to slide completely under her desk. "I do this quite a lot, don't I?  I'd like to say that it has something to do with a subconscious cry for attention, but I'm afraid the actual reason has more to do with my crippling clumsiness."  

Caden grinned when GD laughed at that, as he straightened up with papers in hand.  He stood, placing his pile on the desk as Caden organized her own.  After a moment she stopped, looking up at him pleasantly.

"So... do you have any plans for today after class is over?" she asked amiably, making no move from her place on the ground.  GD chuckled at this, offering his hand, which she accepted with minimal hesitation.

"Well, I have one meeting scheduled for later in the afternoon," he informed her as she quickly brushed herself off before reorganizing her lesson planner, "but after that, all the members were going to get together for dinner..."  He hesitated before pushing on, "I don't think anyone would mind if you joined.  Technically, we do owe you dinner, because we took Teacher Park out when she first became our tutor."  Caden smiled.

"That sounds great, and I'd love to take you guys up on that at some point," she began, "but unfortunately I promised Daeho back on Wednesday that I'd attend a get together for one of the English club member's birthday tonight.  I think they're doing karaoke - I'm not really sure...  Daeho only guilted me into going because I had to turn down joining them for their weekly drinking excursion on Saturday night since I already have plans."

GD nodded in response, trying not to show his annoyance.  It wasn't that he minded her having plans with her friends, it was just - despite her assurance that she had no qualms about spending time with them outside of class - she had yet to agree to do so.  And frankly, it wasn't pleasant to be turned down every time he bothered to invite her to do something.

"It seems like you have a busy weekend," GD said, trying to sound amiable and not at all bitter. "What are your plans for Saturday?"  Caden, who had finished straightening her desk, immediately looked over at him with some confusion before she turned stricken.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe I never reminded you!" she cried, causing GD slight alarm. "I meant to remind you earlier in the week, dang it...  But of course I can't expect you to remember from one little conversation a week ago.  I'm sure you've already made other plans by now, and that's alright - it was my fault for expecting you to remember and not saying anything-"

"Wait, wait, I'm confused," he interrupted apologetically, wondering if he forgot about some sort of weekend study session. "What is it that I agreed to do?"  Caden looked a little sheepish as she began to explain.

"Well, remember when we were talking after class last Friday, and you offered to take me on a tour the next day, but I declined?  Then I said that we should do it the next Saturday if you were free and you said yes..."  GD opened his mouth to respond, but she barreled on, "but don't worry!  I understand that you are a busy person.  If you already made plans, don't worry - I shouldn't have expected solid plans from one little convesation like that, so it's my own fault-"

Unable to help himself, GD began chuckling, causing Caden to peter off in her string of assurances.

"What?" she asked skeptically when he did not immediately respond.

"No, it's nothing," he said, trying to supress his smile as well as he could. "I did kind of forget about our agreement, but," he added when Caden attempted to speak once again, "I didn't make any plans for tomorrow afternoon."

"Really?" she asked, looking relieved for a moment before her expression turned unsure. "So, does that mean you'd still be willing to show me around tomorrow?"  GD smiled.

As much as he hated to admit it, now that he was back in the familiar position of accepting of denying a request for attention from someone else, it was almost ridiculous how much more at ease he felt.  He had never considered himself one to let his idol status go to his head, but frankly, he was used to being the person who commanded the attention and interest of others, yet somehow it often felt the opposite around Caden.  He wondered vaguely if this feeling indicated some deep-seated narcissism...  He could practically hear Caden's voice in his head, responding to these thoughts with some smart- comment about youngest child syndrome, trying to sound wise as she held back her laughter.

Again GD was forced to supress his grin as Caden cocked her head in confusion, still waiting for his response.

"I would hate to break the plans you're been expecting all week, especially when I have nothing else to do tomorrow afternoon," he said smoothly, still grinning slightly. "Since I'm the one who originally offered and all... We should do it."

Caden broke into a warm smile at the same time the remaining group members shuffled into the classroom.  Her attention drifted over to them briefly as they made their way, chatting and joking, to their seats.

"Breaking this week's habit of arriving to class early, I see," she teased after they'd called out their greetings. "Making it here with less than five minutes to class... and after I let you sleep in and everything!"

She turned her attention back to GD as they started to argue, shooting him a playful smirk.

"So it's settled then," she stated cheerfully, keeping her voice down so that the conversation was only between the two of them. "We're on for tomorrow."

"Perfect," GD confirmed. "We can work out the details after class.  For now I'll let you finish up your final preparations."  With a nod and a smile, GD joined his band mates in the desks as Caden pulled out her remaining supplies.

"Okay, let's get this review going so you can be released to enjoy the rest of your day as soon as possible," she announced after a few minutes, switching to English to indicate the start of the lesson. "Now - who wants to write the Fact of the Day on the board?"

 

The next hour quickly fell into the familiar rhythm of morning classes, now with the added attention dedicated to remembering their Japanese.  As planned, Caden tried to be very quick and to the point so, despite the usual joking distraction from the guys, and thanks to a shortage of announcements for once, class was over before they knew it.

"Alright, you're dismissed," Caden announced in Korean, minutes before the clock struck 11. "Remember, I'll see just over half of you on Monday, the rest of you on Tuesday, and other than that, have a lovely weekend and rest of your Friday.  Goodbye."

Top and Daesung were the first to leave, offering hurried goodbyes as they made their way quickly down to their waiting cars so as not to be late for their schedules for the day.  The remaining members dawdled, apparently free for the afternoon.  As Seungri and Young bae started some feigned arguement, GD made his way back over to Caden, who was chuckling at the other boys' antics.

"So tomorrow," she prompted, turning her attention to him.

"Right... tomorrow," he grinned, keeping his voice down just enough so that he wouldn't attract the immediate attention of the other two. "Actually, the only thing I have planned for tomorrow is getting together with my parents for lunch around noon time, so any time after that would be good to get together."

"That works for me," Caden affirmed with a smile. "Is there any particular time I should be ready?"

"How about I just call you when I'm done and we'll meet in the lobby of the apartment building after that."

"Great," she agreed, nodding. "Then let's exchange numbers now."  GD raised an eyebrow, looking a bit puzzled.

"But I already have your phone number," he informed her, glancing at the other two members, who seemed to have finished their bickering and had now made their way over to join them. "We all do."

"What??" Caden demanded, surprised.  She realized that her tone sounded a little more intense than she meant it to, so she purposefully softened her voice slightly for her next question. "You all have my phone number?  Since when?"

"It's true," Seungri piped up, nodding his head affirmingly. "Ever since you first started."

"Who gave it to you?" she asked skeptically.

"The President did, right after you started working," Young bae informed her.

"He did the same when Teacher Park first started," GD added. "He said it was for if we needed to get ahold of you for any reason.  I'm surprised he never told you about it though."

Several various expressions shot across Caden's face in quick succession before she shook her head with a half annoyed chuckle, apparently deciding that the situation was best dealt with using a sense of humor.

"How did I not know about this?" she asked mildly, mostly to herself, shaking her head slightly.

"I guess none of us had a reason to call you so far," Seungri offered. "Probably because we know that we can always find you in your apartment."  Caden gave him a look.  Then she smiled, shaking her head.

"Well, however it happened, now I'm going to need all of your numbers," she announced, still grinning. "If anything, I don't like answering unknown numbers.  Plus, why should you all be able to contact me when I have no way to contact you?  Fairness - that's what I'm after."  The boys all grinned and quickly obliged.

"Do you want us to give you Top and Daesung's numbers too?" Young bae inquired. "Since they left early and all..."  Caden shook her head.

"No, no, no, it's fine," she insisted breezily. "I'll get it from them myself in class.  That way they'll know that someone has their phone number."  They couldn't help but laugh at the slight bitterness that crept into that last statement.

"Alright, enough of that," Caden continued brightly. "It's Friday and class is over - you're free to go!  Go enjoy your time."  They all agreed, saying their goodbyes as they began making their way to the door.  GD glanced over his shoulder and noticed Caden trying to catch his eye.

"Don't forget," she called, smiling brightly as she held up her phone, shaking it for emphasis.  He grinned back, nodding before looking back to see Seungri gazing over at him with some interest."

"What are you supposed to remember?" he demanded as they neared the door. "And how did having the teacher's number come up in conversation anyway?"  Young bae laughed, looking between his two friends with curious amusement.

"Quit asking such weird things," GD joked, shoving Seungri's head to the side. "I'm just amazed to find out that you never called her.  You've been known to abuse those kind of privileges."

Over Young bae's laughter and Seungri's complaining, GD barely caught Caden's appreciative giggle as they turned the corner and made their way down the hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hey guys - as you probably already noticed, this is a repost.  I lost two chapters when the site went down, this one and my most recent chapter, which no one was able to read before the crash, as far as I know.

To be honest, I've been putting off reposting these chapters for a while, for two reasons.  One being the tiny hope that the chapters would be recovered without me having to do anything, and two, unsurprisingly being that I was worried about further loss and crashes and blah blah blah until the site was 100%.  Plus I was pissed off about losing this chapter.  That's reason number three. :P (I mean, I kind of expected to lose my most recent chapter, since I posted it on Saturday when the site was already glitchy, but when I saw this one gone too, I was NOT happy)

But now that it's become obvious that no lost chapters will be reappearing anytime soon, I've it up and retyped. :)  I will start retyping the next chapter later tonight or tomorrow and, in the meantime, I've already begun writing the next part, so hopefully the following chapter with be posted soon after. :D

I just need to stop and point out the irony of the first time in weeks and weeks, I manage to post two chapters within a few days of each other, of course that's the one time the site (pardon my french) takes a on itself and dies.  I guess for me, updating frequently is really a 'hell freezes over' kind of moment. :P

Alright, alright.  I'll stop complaining.  I know I'm not the only one who lost chapters and I'm being a baby.  I just had to let that out, and who would understand better than fellow AFF users? :D

Comment and subscribe, but only if you're awesome (do you like my clever use of reverse psychology here?)!