Chapter Six: I Hate Me, I Hate Me Not

It All Started with a Big Bang...

 

(Recap in italics)

She quickly gave them both a breezy smile that GD thought was a little too sudden to be real.

"Well, I'd better get going," she said briskly, again in Korean, nodding first at Top, then GD. "Thank you again," she directed at GD, bowing deeply toward both of them before quickly turning and walking toward the door.  He watched her slip the phone into her pocket carefully and felt a flutter that no longer resembled annoyance.  The door closed behind her, leaving GD standing there with a swirling mass of conflict that he had no desire to understand, but overall hoped to avoid feeling in general.

He scowled after her for a moment before sighing and resetting his expression to one of casual apathy.  He turned to see Top gazing toward the door with a look of interested confusion which unintentionally swirled up GD's internal emotional comotion, that he quickly dismissed (for the the sake of his sanity).  Top looked over at him casually.

"It will be strange if she ends up teaching us, won't it?" he said, posing the question almost as a statement.  GD felt that another meaning could be determined than the mere words conveyed, but didn't care to consider them.  He simply nodded knowing, unlike his friend, that this strangeness was more than a mere possibility.  He shook off any further thoughts on the matter.

"Come on, let's go record," he said simply, brushing past Top - who followed closely behind - and making his way up the stairs, determined to ignore his knowledge of the inevitable strangenss that had, in fact, already begun.

*     *     *

 

Caden walked out the door and down the front steps in what she hoped was a brisk, yet casual manner.  She was furious with herself for even feeling like a silly star-struck fangirl every time she ran into Top - although she had done her best not to act like one.  She had managed to get over these feelings toward G Dragon, forcing herself to think of him as a regular person and act accordingly; treat him like any other attractive boy.  

She never had this problem with everyday hot guys.  But for some reason her brain couldn't keep it together around Top.  She shook her head in disgust.  She'd have to get herself under control before she actually started working with them.

Finally she looked around, trying to get her bearings.  She was surprised when she saw a giant black car with a man standing in front of it, looking at her quizzically.  Caden stared blankly at him for a minute.

"Are you the new teacher?" the man asked politely.  Finally Caden remembered the President promising her a ride back to her hotel.

"Oh, yes," she said, relieved to have a way back.  The man gestured toward the car,

"Come, I'll take you in your hotel."

The ride was fairly uneventful.  Caden thanked her driver again, gathering all of her bags and making her way to her room as fast as she could, but as she walked through the lobby the hospitality director spotted her.

"I see you have many bags," she noted, smiling. "Did you enjoy yourself?"  Caden's mind reeled slightly.  Shopping that morning had seemed like a lifetime ago after she added up all the days events.

"Very much," she replied weakly, thinking it all over once more.

"I'm so glad my advice could help.  Would you like a wake up call for your interview tomorrow?"

Caden thought about merely declining - it would be entirely too long and complicated to explain... But instead she said,

"I already had my interview this afternoon.  I got the job!"

She counted on the woman to be, if anything, too polite to mention Caden's clearly contradictory timetable from that morning, and she turned out to be right.  The woman only smiled,

"Congratulations!  Maybe I'll run into you around the city from now on."

Caden laughed and agreed before politely excusing herself  and finally making it back to her room.  She flopped down on the bed before proceeding to squeal and kick her legs wildly in excitement.  She couldn't believe she had landed such a great job.  Not only were there fewer students to focus on, but she was also being paid (an almost astounding amount) more that she would of by her original interview.

She stopped kicking and hopped out of bed, deciding to be productive.  She began charging her new cell phone so it would be up and properly functional for the President's call she expected the following day.  Then she rummaged through her bag until she found the number of the school where she was meant to interview and, using the hotel phone, left a message with the school's secratary that said she would not be attending.

Satisfied that there was nothing more to take care of, she finally gave into her grumbling stomach (not having eaten since breakfast) and ordered room service to celebrate her new position.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

A short chapter, I know.  This what was left over from when I got too tired last night.

But I plan to update tomorrow or the next day, so hopefully that will make up for it.  :P

I just realized that all of these chapters have taken place over the same day so far.  The story's finally going to jump forward in time a little starting with the next chapter. :)

Woot!  Moving forward!  I hope you're still liking it.

Comment and subscribe if the urge strikes you. :D