six 여섯

I'm G-Dragon's Bestfriend

Chapter Six: Transferred

Jiyong's POV

I knew it, the moment Seungri walked away, being half-drunk and all; he was going to cause trouble. But I didn't stop him though. I thought that he was mature enough to distinguish what to actually do and not. But it turned out that, he didn't. He actually managed to bring an innocent and new employee to our table.

 

Yeojung stood there like a Russian doll, except that she was so red as a tomato. Her hair was let down, which is unusual for her since she had always put it up into a ponytail. She wasn't wearing anything too party-ish like Lydia or Chaerin. Her way of dressing showed how normal she is.

 

"She is...Jiyong-hyung's fan!" Our naughty maknae proclaimed. I couldn't hide my feelings. I was amused. It's not like I didn't know how she was admiring me in secret, I just couldn't be bothered by a single fan when I'd seen more than 30,000.

 

"Excuse me..." She said with her head down. Seungri really humiliated her after all. Even after she left, he still laughed and giggled with the rest. I wonder why it was so funny...

 

Anyways, I actually followed her to the washroom to give an apology on behalf of Seungri.

 

Fortunately, the hallway was deserted as it was at the end of the building. I think she went to the wrong one. There was one nearer to the main room...

I waited for 10 minutes. I wonder if she's crying.

And then she went out of the washroom. First of all, she didn't cry. Secondly, she cursed in front of me! And third, she looked hell uncomfortable in front of me.

 

When she was in front of me, leaning against the cold wall behind her. I could see her features clearer. So she wore more makeup than the usual and her hair is curled, let down along her shoulders. She almost looked pretty.

 

Of course, I wouldn't forget my real intention of following her. I apologized. I begged her not to sue our maknae. Unwanted scandals, the most unnecessary things to deal with right now.

 

I didn't know why I enjoyed talking with her. I felt like I could talk to my own self with her. She made me feel comfortable. Even though standing facing each other in a quiet hallway wasn't the most suitable thing for a friendly hug especially for a celebrity, I did it. I just wanted to thank her for making me feel...comfortable and of course for forgiving Seungri.

 

My heart wasn't beating as fast as it would be like when I hug Kiko. But still, I felt the warmth, which was one of the things I needed.

 

I let go seconds after she said about people finding out. She was right. I would love to avoid all sorts of scandals. It wouldn't improve a thing, especially my relationship with Kiko.

 

"This is my gift," I told her. "Merry Christmas." Her eyes were wide opened and there were pinky tints on her cheeks, probably due to the cold breeze which kept coming through the half-opened window next to us.

 

The moment she heard it, she started walking away, covering her face, trying to hide her red face. Huh, she's quite funny.

 

I giggled seeing her that way and she did too.

That's how we became friends.

 

+++

 

No one's POV

 

It had been almost 2 months since Yeojung saw Jiyong. And the last time had been in the Christmas a.k.a End of Year party. The Made tour had ended about a month ago which was in January.

 

"Oh, Jiyong-ah, what's up?" Teddy greeted while talking on the phone with Jiyong. He was writing some reports, while Yeojung were arranging the instruments in the recording room.

 

"Jungnam-sshi? He quit?" Teddy replied with wide eyes. He was surprised.

 

"Sure sure, I can look for someone... You'll be back in a week, right?" Teddy asked and Jiyong agreed.

 

"Yeah, anything for you," Teddy said and eyed Yeojung through the glass window. She didn't realize he was looking at her and smirking at the same time.

 

+++

 

 

"Jeogi, where are you taking me, Mr. Teddy?" Yeojung asked while walking behind her dearest employer.

 

"You'll see..." Teddy said and smirked which made Yeojung more suspicious.

 

And then they reached the door which said, Kwon Ji Yong. The name itself gave Yeojung a huge question mark on her mind. She wondered why Teddy brought her there. No way... She convinced herself that he was only gonna introduce or take some goods. And calmed herself down.

 

Teddy flashed his ID card on the identifier on his right and the glass door slid open, revealing a familiar figure with his back on them. The loud bass of the music was playing when the two of them entered.

 

Jiyong tuned down the volume of his music when he realized that he'd gotten visitors. He stood and turned around, facing Teddy, who was already walking towards him and Yeojung, who was still awkwardly standing in front of the glass door.

 

"Oh, Jiyong-ah, it's good to have you back," Teddy said and gave him a brotherly hug.

 

"Yeah. I can finally relax now." Jiyong said and smiled at Teddy.

 

"Hey, Yeojung-sshi!" Jiyong called and waved his hand as he smiled. Yeojung walked towards them.

Just then, Teddy announced, "Ah, this is Kang Yeojung-sshi, my recording engineer, and she's yours now, Jiyong."

 

Both Jiyong and Yeojung looked at Teddy. She looked at her ex-employer in disbelieve, while Jiyong looked at him and nodded.

 

Yeojung stood there like a statue. Still processing what was going on. And repeatedly telling herself that she was going to be alright. Teddy walked out of the room, leaving the two of them.

 

Jiyong walked back to his seat and threw himself down, waiting for Yeojung to take the seat next to him.

 

She reminded herself who she was once again (a risk taker) and took the steps.

 

She sat next to him just like an uncomfortable new employee.

 

"I'm sure you know how things work here... Teddy-hyung must've taught you well." He said without looking at her. He was so serious. Like a professional.

 

"Yes..." Yeojung said softly and cleared .

 

"So, you need to be here from 8 to...when I am finished with my work. Every Monday you have to bring me an espresso. On Friday, you have to get me a tuna sushi or soju...or rice wine..."

 

"Okay..." She said as she noted it down on her notepad.

 

Jiyong moved himself to place himself in front of the multiple keyboards by sliding his chair. He played some chords and hummed the melody.

 

"Can you please press the record button?" Jiyong said, still focused on his chords and melody which he had just inserted.

 

Yeojung quickly slid her chair in front of the MacBook and click on the record button.

 

She wondered if he was really a genius because what he was playing was damn beautiful.

 

After he finished the first part of the music, he stopped and told her to press the stop button. He told her to move aside and he inserted some ornaments to fill in the pieces for his new song. She just watched him. And watched him. For a couple of hours which felt like hours. Like hours. She wondered how he could sit there for straight 3 hours.

It made her think how bad his back would be.

 

When the loud bass stopped, she asked him naively, "Would you like me to message you?" Her elbow was leaning on the side of the chair and her chin was resting on her palm.

 

Jiyong looked at her in confusion. He snorted. And then, he lost his seriousness.

 

"Yah, doesn't Teddy-hyung work like this?" He asked, dropping the honorifics. And Yeojung shook her head, telling him no.

 

"Really?" He nodded casually and continued, "He's the real genius..."

 

"But, why are you speaking informally?" She asked.

 

"Because we are friends." He said and leaned his face towards hers, grinning.

 

 

 

Yeojung was dismissed at 9.36 pm, where Jiyong finally gave his genius composing skills a rest. Although he told her to go, she knew that he was going to stay there for another hour or more. Perhaps, he knew that she was already yawning crazily over the past hour. Jiyong didn't offer her a ride like how he did a month ago.

"See you tomorrow, Yeojung-sshi. At 8, don't be late." He said and stretched his arms and back.

"Yes, Gdragon-sshi..." She said tiredly as she grabbed her satchel. And then in a few minutes, she was out of the stuffy YG building.

 

She breathed in the chilly winter air. She could immediately feel the difference; working for Teddy and G-dragon. Teddy was professional, yet lenient. He loves doing everything by himself. He cares deeply about others. And she would be allowed to go home by 6 pm at max. On the other hand, G-Dragon was very very professional. He's a totally strict and discipline person. She still couldn't study much about him since it had only been 1 day. One very exhausting day.

 

On days like this, she'd love a bottle of soju. She wanted to call her unnie, but she didn't since she knew that she'd be disturbing her studious life. So, she called her dear friend instead. Someone who had a major crush on her a decade ago. She took out her phone from her pocket and pressed some buttons.

 

"Oppa..." She paused and waited for him to answer.

"Oh, Yeojung-ah. What's up?" The other line asked. He sounded really sleepy. Perhaps, she was disturbing his sleep.

"Are you sleeping?" She asked.

"No, I'm in the office. Just getting off work. Why?" He asked.

"Do you wanna get a drink?" She asked while crossing the road, tightening her scarf around her neck.

"Uhm...sure. For 15 minutes?" He asked.

"Deal."

"Deal."

 

They met and talked for exactly 15 minutes and Kyungho went home to his awaiting pregnant wife. And he cursed himself for drinking a glass of soju; gosh, Gyuri will be so angry.

 

+++

Yeojung arrived at the studio at about 8 a.m but her new employer wasn't even there. So she just tidied up lots of things, lots and lots of rubbish to be thrown. It seemed that Jiyong stayed up here for the night. And yes, what is a korean man without bottles of soju. He did drink after all. Actually, it didn't seem like he left the studio at all. The lights were on when she opened the door. And the recorder was too. Just when she was about to open the door to throw out all the rubbish, it opened and revealed Jiyong whose eyes were lifeless. He was still drunk she thought. Her eyes were wide opened. She quickly bowed her head.

 

"Good morning, sir..." She greeted and continued, "I have to throw this out."

 

She walked past him. And when she returned to the studio. He was sleeping on the couch with his mouth half-opened. He worked all night, alone. She sighed. He was different from Teddy. While Jiyong worked overnight, Teddy prefers to work during the day so that he could hang out with Ye-Seul by night time. And she never once saw Teddy getting drunk or fell asleep on the couch. There were always pictures of him clubbing and playing during the night, yet, once again those were just lies. Lies. He was covering the truth. He was heartbroken.

 

She placed a blanket over him and went towards the computer to save up all his work which he had done during the night.

 

 

+++

 

 

 

Hi guys! 
I'm back with a new chapter!

First of all thank you so much for subscribing to this fic and all the lovely comments!

So this chapter is like the turnover and primes us to later chapters. 
I'm sorry if it's kind of boring to you guys!

Will update a new chapter in a few hours! So stay tuned for that!

 

Question of the day: Do you like GD's new hair color, red?

 

 

Please upvote, and comment on this story!❤️

love,

 

miss_sh 

 

 

 

 

​​​​​​​