fifteen 열 다섯

I'm G-Dragon's Bestfriend

Chapter Fifteen: Unneeded Feelings

The office had been quieter ever since the Bigbang members went for Shanghai to continue their M.A.D.E VIP Tour. It actually seemed like everyone was returning to their normal routine without any distractions. Teddy would work in his studio from morning until afternoon. CEO Yang would monitor the trainees and test them every week. Yang Seungho, BigBang's stylist would meet up with supervisors and designers. Yeojung would work in the different recording studios every two days, depending on who needs her. She also got a new project of recording for Kang Dongwon's single.

Somehow, everyone seemed so routinized and every week is pretty much the same.

Yeojung and Dongwon had gone closer just as the actor wanted. In fact, the reason why he was attempting to release a single was to get closer with Yeo Jung. They would hang out in the company's cafe and talked for an hour each day. Sometimes he even invited her to after parties just so he could see her more often. Basically, people around Kang Dongwon knew his crush on the recording engineer. So they would somehow push the two people together which Yeojung found really embarrassing.

To be honest, she missed Jiyong. She missed his presence. She missed their time together as they recorded and made music. It's not that she likes him that way but as a friend and a boss. Or so she thought.

It was Tuesday night. And Yeojung was at home, sitting on her couch with the TV on in front of her although she wasn't paying any attention to it. As she scrolled down her SNS page, her brows furrowed as she saw a picture of him and a Japanese model whose name was Nana. She looked really pretty, with that high nose, large round eyes, and thick y lips. Her body physique was petite, she was slim built and has defined curves on her body.

But Jiyong looked like he was having tons of fun in Shanghai although she had no idea why he was hanging out with a Japanese model in Shanghai. Maybe he wanted to move on real quick. But that night when he leaned towards her still remains in her memory although she quickly brushed it off. He would never do that if he was perfectly sober, she reminded herself over and over again.

She too wanted to get over this weird feeling of him. She didn't like this feeling at all. Somehow it felt suffocating for her. The only thing that would get her to move on from this stupid feelings was to get busy. Like really busy, because when she came to work in YG, she promised herself that she would only take Jiyong as a friend, nothing more.

~~~

Jiyong stared at his phone, particularly at the pictures which he posted on his personal Instagram account. He had been meeting up with Nana Komatsu with whom he did a Nylon photo shoot with. She is actually Kiko's colleagues but by chance, she was there as well in the club he went to. So they started talking. Nana couldn't speak any Korean so Jiyong treated it as a Japanese language practice for him.

She was really fun to talk with although she wasn't as charming as Kiko. But she had her own charms as well.

Youngbae asked him if he was trying to get closer with Nana but Jiyong couldn't answer because he didn't know. He didn't know what he wanted. Perhaps he only wanted to get over Kiko but using Nana as a get-over-thing wasn't the right thing to do.

Bigbang's concert in Hangzhou had just ended and they got two more shows to do until they go back to Seoul. He was glad that the weather's getting warmer because he missed Summer and was beginning to hate the cold which he loved so much in the past. He was also glad to be able to go back to his group of friends.

And as he was trying to remember his last night in Seoul, he was reminded of Kang Yeo Jung, his recording engineer, and his friend. He hadn't meant to do it that night but somehow he wanted to. Even if he was sober, he felt like he would've done it again. But she refused and rejected his initiation. Maybe because she thought he was just being drunk. At the end of the night, he just didn't want to think about it again. He didn't want to have these much thoughts on his mind that would deprive him of his sleep.

 

~~~

The Bigbang members had just finished their show in Nanchang and now they were hanging out in probably the most luxurious restaurant in the city. Jiyong and Daesung wanted to get some food outside of their hotel so they went out. They had one more show to do.

Youngbae was talking about his girlfriend, Hyorin and how they were having this long distance argument which was the worst. Jiyong fully understood and wanted to about it but his best friend was being serious.

"She was saying that I'm selfish," Youngbae said and took a large bite of his steak. Jiyong couldn't help but grin, his best friend was just too cute when he's upset.

"I'm sure she wasn't being herself when she said that," Daesung replied to the comment.

"Nope, she said she was being serious." The upset boyfriend said and ate another big chunk of meat.

"Just tell her that you're sorry and that you love her," Jiyong said as he gave his advice which almost never worked.

"You told me to say that to her the last time she was mad and she almost broke up with me," Youngbae said sarcastically and with a sass which shuts Jiyong up instantly.

"You should bring her presents and a lot of it," Seungri said and everyone ignored him because everybody knows that a true girlfriend doesn't need a present to make it up but they need words and a sincere one at that.

"You know that's never gonna work." Seunghyun, the oldest of them all said. Although he was the oldest, he never gave any correct advice or even close to it because he was just so inexperienced in dating. "You've got to give her some wine and prepare a romantic dinner." But this advice was probably the best one yet.

"Woo..." Daesung chanted. "Have you been dating, hyung?" He asked, teasing the eldest one. Jiyong and Seungri were giggling and Youngbae was nodding, trying to picture what the romantic dinner would look like if he hosted it.

The night ended with touches of laughter and some quality talk. That's what they loved when they get together.

~~~

The first place Jiyong went when he touched down Seoul was the YG building. He didn't know why he decided on that. He could've gone somewhere else but he chose not to. Perhaps he wanted to see that one person that had been on his mind for the last month or so. He went inside the building and walked towards the elevator. Everyone greeted him. He was wearing his peaceminusone cap and was slightly embarrassed by his totally bare face.

And then she was there. In front of him. Laughing with another guy, Kang Dongwon-sunbae. They were drinking a cold drink which looked like the classic Americano. They were talking about something that was so funny that she was laughing. Jiyong wondered what that was.

But the two people stopped laughing when they saw Jiyong standing a couple of feet in front of them. Jiyong's lips tugged into a small smile as Yeo Jung's eyes twinkled at the sight of him. She approached him.

"You're back! I didn't know you were supposed to be back today." She said with such a cheerful tone. Her naturally dark brown hair had grown longer and as it grew longer, it became wavier. She wasn't wearing eye makeup that day and they looked beautiful. Her lips were pinkishly tinted and her skin looks exceptionally glowing.

"Yup. Took an earlier flight than the others." He said and looked at his sunbae.

"You've worked hard for your concert. Great job." Dongwon said as he stood at Yeo Jung's side.

"Ah, thank you." Jiyong smiled and bowed his head.

"Are you here to see CEO Yang?" She asked and took a sip of her Americano.

"Yup." He replied and rubbed the back of his head because he lied. He wasn't there to see his CEO. The CEO didn't even know he came back earlier.

"See you later, then." She said and bowed her head. Then Dongwon and Jiyong exchanged bows as the two disappeared into the company's cafe.

 

~~~

Jiyong didn't go to CEO Yang's office. He went straight back to his parents' home. Both of his parents were there and his mother prepared a feast for him, even his sister, Dami was there. He said he felt disappointed because Dami didn't bring his dearest nephew. But regardless, he felt grateful for his family who was very welcoming.

After dinner, Jiyong went inside her room and Dami-noona followed. He threw himself on his large bed and Dami sat at the edge of the bed, looking incredibly suspicious.

"What's with you?" She asked to Jiyong who was lying on his stomach.

"Nothing..." He answered with such despair that his sister started giggling.

"I saw your pictures with that Japanese model, is she your new interest?" She asked and Jiyong didn't even react to it because literally there was nothing between him and Nana.

"That's not it... I was just hanging out with her because" He said and paused as he changed his position and sat in front of his sister. "I am a jerk." He continued.

He told her that he shouldn't have flirted and break the colleagues-line. Dami didn't comment on anything, but she asked for more details. She was the type of person who doesn't really judge. That's why Jiyong likes confiding on his sister. Because the last thing he wanted was to get judged.

"So do you like this Nana girl?" She asked.

"I like her as a friend and colleague." He answered. He also likes that his sister always brings the clear truth out of him.

"There you have it." She replied and gave him a bright smile. She wondered why her brother was still pouting and being in such a miserable state.

"Is that not your only problem?" She then asked as she sensed something deeper.

"I..." He mumbled and bit his lips.

"You have a crush on another girl!" She exclaimed, surprised that Jiyong actually had a crush because the last time he had one was probably 10 years ago.

"No, I don't!" He replied, trying to defend himself but failed. He touched his face as he felt it getting warmer.

"Tell me about her!" She ordered and leaned her ears on to Jiyong's side.

"She... She doesn't like me... She likes someone else and a cooler person on top of that." He confessed.

"Are you sure? Because you're the coolest person ever to me." She said and gave him a smile to cheer him up.

"Even if she doesn't like that other someone, I don't think it can ever work between us. I can't make her happy." He said and her sister's heart dropped.

She actually pitied her brother's situation. She understood that. She understood why he thought of it that way. She also knew what Jiyong was thinking when he realized his crush on this girl. How the paparazzi will chase after her, how they can't go on normal dates, how they can't even go to malls or wear couple rings. How they will be apart for a long period of time. How high the possibility was of them breaking up as soon as they began dating.

Dami placed her arms around Jiyong's neck and hugged him. She couldn't say anything else that would sound comforting.

 

Jiyong made his mind that night. He would forget about his blooming feelings for his own recording engineer. And that he would never date someone from a common background because that would make things harder for both of them no matter what. Because a common girl wouldn't be used to cameras and paparazzi that could come and take photographs anywhere and anytime.

~~~

 

The next two weeks consisted of Jiyong going to different newly opened art museums and parties. He didn't go to work because he was on break. He caught up with a lot of friends and drank a lot. He also did a few photo shoots for magazines but that's it for his work.

Yeo Jung was out of his mind. He hadn't thought about her at all because of all his parties and art pieces that he had seen. All he thought about was his friends and family.

By the end of his break, he was clear of his feelings and went back to work.

 

He arrived in the studio pretty early that even Yeo Jung wasn't even there yet. He got excited somehow to produce songs that he had written but haven't recorded any demos. He talked to Teddy-hyung and caught up with him.

At 8.04 a.m., Yeo Jung came to work and grinned when she saw her boss there sitting by the MIDI. She missed working with him. Her supervisor had informed her the day before that GD would be coming back to work, so she brought him a caramel macchiato from Starbucks.

"Good Morning!" She greeted and bowed her head. Gosh, she was so cheerful. Then she placed her bag on the sofa and handed him the drink.

"Morning!" Jiyong greeted her back and accepted the drink. "Thank you." He said and grinned at her. He looked at her from head to toe and back. To think about it, he had never seen her in summer outfits.

"Woo, looking good for the summer." He said and she blushed, a bit embarrassed.

"Thank you, GD-nim." She replied sarcastically and looked at her own self. She was wearing a camel colored blouse, black linen shorts, and black sneakers. She felt proud of herself as she scanned her outfit of the day.

That's how they spent the rest of the week, just going back to their working routine. On Fridays, they would order food and eat together with the other Bigbang members and some other producers in the company. Some nights the two even took their work back to Jiyong's office-tel and worked all night. Jiyong wasn't working every day but once he did it, he went all the way. He knew that he had to leave to continue for BigBang's MADE tour that's why he was playing as well during those two months. He caught up with a lot of friends and family. He played with his nephews and niece and took his parents out for dinners.

 

~~~

It was June the 3rd. Jiyong wasn't going to work that day because he was leaving for China in a day. He had an invitation to come to an exhibition during the day and a birthday party at night. But when he thought everything was going well, a bomb landed on him.

His private photos from his private Instagram account had been hacked and made public including his multiple pictures with Nana.

~~~

Hope you enjoy this chapter!
I was actually pretty shocked when I saw the news of Jiyong and Nana!
What did you guys think?

love,

MISS_SH