three 세

I'm G-Dragon's Bestfriend

Chapter 3: Bringing Him Everything He Likes

It was Friday and everyone was busy finishing up stuff and was trying to relax since it's Friday. As always, the gang, Teddy and Bigbang, were still goofing around, playing. They weren't always serious when it comes to songwriting and composing, but, they create one of the most unique, upbeat and beautiful songs ever. I think that's why they are called King of Kpop. Well, long ago, it was DBSK, Dong Bang Shin Ki, who was crowned the 'King', but, ever since they broke up, they gave up the throne and Bigbang grabbed it right away. It wasn't easy for them, but, they did it and they're proud.

I've never been in Bigbang's concerts before. Funny, isn't it? But, my friends, who had ever been there, said that they were so different from groups who exposed themselves as 'cute', for example, EXO. My friend, Miss X, said that Bigbang's concert is focused mainly on music and having extreme fun, while EXO's concert mainly focused on dancing and singing perfection. In other words, they didn't interact much with their audiences. But hey, EXO is a rookie group and Bigbang has been in this business for almost 10 years. So, sunbaes knows better, right?

Anyways, let's get back to work. I have tons of work since I missed out two days ago. Well, not 'tons', just a couple of music sheets that I need to copy for 3 hours straight. I think I might have to check my eyes' condition pretty soon.

After finishing the last music sheet, I went to starbucks, to get everyone their drinks since they told me it's my 'Monday and Friday job'. So hush I go and this time, I'm gonna buy Jiyong his drink. Well, I'll just guess since I couldn't find anything in the net. And if he doesn't like it, I'll drink it instead!

"I'll have vanila latte, green tea latte, hot capuccino, caffe americano and..." I paused as I put my index finger on my chin and read every option they have in their menu. And at last I found which I found as the one that 'sounded most delicious'. "Caramel Macchiato" I continued. Who doesn't love caramel?

It took me about fifteen minutes to acquire all the drinks and another ten minutes to get inside the YG building. It's damn cold. Like hell cold. I really need to wear thicker coats. Maybe I need to steal one from Yeojin! I mean she's funded by my parents and we have the same parents, so it's technically mine too. Seriously, Yeojung, you're so pathetic...

The guys were all busy recording when I entered the studio. T.O.P was inside the recording room when I came in. This time, I'm not gonna ask for any pay back since Mr Teddy said that he would give me more bonus at the end of the month. Well, assistant engineer wasn't supposed to be treated as a delivery girl in the first place. And I'm more than qualified. I graduated with Bachelor of Music Technology with honours! Oh well, at least I can see Jiyong.

"Gomawo, Yeojung-sshi..." Taeyang said as he took the drink from my hands.

"Thankyou, Yeojung-sshi..." Daesung said and smiled.

"Thanks..." Seungri thanked and winked.

And then, I handed Mr Teddy his drink and the last one to Jiyong. I was as nervous as hell. I stood next to him, but I think he didn't notice. Then, I placed the Caramel Macchiato next to the mouse. He immediately looked at me.

"I didn't order this..." He said.

"But, I thought you'd want it..." I replied uneasil and bit my lips.

"Thanks." He said and gave a small smile. My heart...oh my heart. He just smiled to me...for the first time ever. I've never felt this happy before.

I nodded.

I had no idea his smile would have this much effect on me.

 

I turned my back and walked towards the couch at the back of the room where Seungri was smiling cheekily at me. I raised my brows and opened my eyes widely mentally saying "what? Why? What happened?"

 

I then sat down on the couch and took my phone to text my sister about the coat thingy. And then the next thing i knew was Seungri sitting next to me.

"Ah, so you're hyung's fan aren't you?" He asked with a softer voice so that no one can hear even though the loud music is enough to prevent it even if he talked in medium tone.

"W-which hyung?" I stuttered. I was so nervous that he'd actually find out and tease me about it. For all i know Seungri is the most playful one.

"Jiyong-hyung..."

"How can you assume that i like him?" Oh my God did that word just came out of my mouth?! You damn mouth!

"That's his favourite drink, you know." Seungri said and smiled genuinely.

"Really?"

"Yeah, he'd always get that whenever we hit starbucks."

"Ah...thanks!"

"So you're admitting that you like him?"

"I respect him, Seungri-sshi..."

"Oh really?"

"Yes."

"Alright."

 

Phew, at last I got out of Seungri's intense interrogation. And then I looked at Jiyong who was taking a few sips every second. Well, sweetness does the work; especially caramel. Oh my God he has the same taste as me! I love caramel as well!

 

Days passed just like the wind. By then, it's the first of December, the beginning of the coldest months in Korea. Now that I counted, I've been working as Mr Teddy's assistant for 2 months. And I'm quite comfortable with Daesung, Seungri, Taeyang, T.O.P and of course my own employer, Mr Teddy.

 

I've actually learned a few things about my boss. He's a perfectionist, able to write a full song within 5 hours, might as well be called a genius. He really likes to work alone, although on some days, he'd call me up in the library to help him record and presenting his new song to CEO Yang. He's also very discipline; he'd arrive in his studio at 8 o'clock sharp. And heck, he's dating one of my favourite actress, Han Ye Seul! I got to meet her, oh my God, she's so freaking beautiful. They're the perfect couple. They'd goof around the studio, and the 2NE1 members would for being lovey dovey and kissy kissy with his girlfriend or soon to be wife I guess.

 

The people who came the most were Bigbang and 2NE1. Jiyong was literally there everyday. But, there are days where he'd only visit and have a day off. Seungri, Daesung and Taeyang would go there for recordings and edittings, but mostly Jiyong and Teddy did it. T.O.P would go there only on days when he needed to record, give ideas to Jiyong and Mr. Teddy or to submit his new lyrics for their new songs. And heck, I'm so excited for their comeback!

 

The thing i learned about Jiyong is that, he'd forget about every personal things whenever he's working. He'd interact with everyone (by everyone I mean the ones that make music). He would never grumble even if he's tired or being there for about 10 hours straight. I felt that his brain would never go exhausted even though his eyes told so. He was so hardworking that I felt bad about myself. And he was so admirable, I mean he literally wrote a song in 2 hours. I couldn't find out what kind of song it was exactly because I was kicked out from the studio to the library.

 

♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛

 

 

It had been a month since Jiyong had been there. There wasn't any talk about him lately, except for the rumours of him and Kiko having a date around Hongdae. And no, I'm not jealous, why should I be. I'm just a fan and a fan should be happy if their idol is. Honestly, I just missed him; seeing him work day to night and vice versa, watching him composing together with Mr Teddy; bickering around with Seungri; being totally serious whenever CEO Yang entered the studio. But, he's reaching for his happiness! So, I, as his fan, need to be understanding. Really, Yeojung, you're pathetic.

 

Monday, a day where Mr Teddy needed his coffee at 3 pm. It was almost afternoon but the skies looked so gloomy and dark when it was supposed to be yellowish orange. Even so, I couldn't be bothered to take an umbrella with me as the weather had been this way since yesterday.

 

While waiting for Mr Teddy's coffee, it started raining. Heavily, really heavily. Thunders were storming and screaming. I immediately regretted for not bring that damn umbrella with me. The coffee was done and I headed back to the headquarters as soon as possible.

 

And heck, I was drenched as soon as I stepped foot outside of the coffee house. While I was busy trying to cover Mr Teddy's coffee with my jacket, I forgot to shelter myself. And then, someone did. I looked up to see who it was, Kwon Ji Yong. He was using his large jacket to cover both me and him. My eyes were opened widely and were looking straight into his. But he had no expression. My heart was racing as if it was doing a marathon. He was so near me. His face was like 10 cm away from mine.

 

"What are you doing? Let's go..." He said and I quickly nodded. And we ran to the headquarters together. Together. I took glances of him and he looked at me every time I did that.

 

The trip to the YG building took 30 seconds. And I spent it with him, alone. I wished it could've been longer. But as soon as we reached our destination, he took the jacket off from us and walked away from me. I didn't even get to thank him.

 

I watched him as he walked further and further from me. And looked down when he was out of my sight. I smiled to myself and hoped that my face wasn't as red as a tomato because it's raining and it's winter; my face wasn't supposed to be red, but blue!

 

My thoughts about him were disrupted when I almost lost grip of Mr Teddy's cup of coffee. I quickly rushed to the studio with my drenched self.

 

"Yah, what happened to you?" Mr Teddy asked with his eyes widened when I entered the studio.

 

"Sorry, it rained..." I said as I handed his coffee.

 

"Here take this." Mr Teddy said and gave a towel to me.

 

"Thankyou!" I said and he smiled.

 

He was just about to turn on the loud music when I stopped him. "Mr Teddy, do you have another towel?" I asked, he said yes and gave me another one.

 

I went out of the studio and searched for Jiyong. I spent a good 15 minutes to look for him. I asked around and a cleaning lady told me that he was in the meeting room number 10, which was at the end of the hallway. I quickly walked there and was about to knock on the door when I realized that Jiyong wasn't alone.

 

"Jiyong-ah, let me tell you, exposing yourself with her is not a good thing." And I realized who's voice it was, CEO Yang's.

 

"It's not a good idea, but I want to see her. I want to go out with her."

 

"She is bashed every day for going out with you. The feedback isn't that good. It's more negative than positive."

 

"Yang sajangnim, I really idolize and respect you as my mentor and the CEO of this huge company. You're like a father to me. I've always followed what you ordered me to do, but this time I can't because I want to be with her." I heard Jiyong said. My mouth was half opened. It was the coolest statement he had ever spoken. I couldn't help but smile.

 

And then, the door opened. Literally, I had been caught red handed twice! He looked at me with his widely opened eyes, the same look he gave me when I first purposely eavesdropped.

 

"Is there something wrong, Jiyong-ah?" CEO Yang asked from inside and if I'm caught, I'll be fired of course. . Jiyong's not gonna save me...oh God.

 

"Nothing." He said and turned his body towards CEO Yang before bowing and closing the door.

 

 

I guessed Jiyong wasn't in the mood to talk or even threaten me. He just walked passed me like I didn't exist. But I'm thankful towards him; if he hadn't lied, I would've been kicked out of this company and be penniless for the rest of my life.

 

I followed him to the lift but I didn't get in, knowing that he wanted to be alone for at least a few seconds to clear his head. I waited until the number of floors he stopped at showing. It was the rooftop. But it was raining. Has it stopped? Not yet. I ran to the janitor's room to grab an umbrella before rushing to the lift.

 

He was sitting there on the bench, in the middle of the rain, alone and almost drenched as the rain had reduced its strength since a few minutes ago. I approached him with the opened umbrella and placed it over his head. I sat beside him and left a 40 cm gap between us. Heck, my shoulder was wet, but it's alright as long as he wasn't. He looked at me for a few seconds and turned his sight to the front.

 

We stayed like that for a few minutes before realizing how drenched I was. I bit my lower lip to keep them from going purple and tried to rub my legs together to keep my body heated.

 

I think Jiyong realized how cold I was that he took the umbrella with his left hand and pulled me by my hand with his right hand in one swift. And now the gap between us was reduced to merely 15 cm.

 

"Thanks..." He said and smiled at me. I smiled back.

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop," I said and lowered my head.

 

"Anyways, it's gonna be publicized, so there's no point in keeping it a secret anymore." He said, cooly. How can there be someone as cool as him?

 

"Thankyou..."

 

"For what?"

 

"Earlier, you sheltered me too...with your jacket."

 

"Ah... So you were about to thank me just now?"

 

"Yes, and to give you a towel..."

 

"I think you may be the one needing it more..." He said and eyed my clothing; it was half wet and half dry. I giggled and smiled.

 

"You're cool," I said and looked at him. He looked at me as well and raised both of his brows.

 

"I know." He replied and smiled.

 

"Tch...what you said to CEO Yang was cool."

 

"Ah...I love her, so that's what a man should do."

 

Ever since that day, I respected him even more. I was even surprised at myself 'cause every time I attempted to do something, I'd always think if Jiyong would've done it that way as well. And, soon after, he invaded my soul and mind, but nope, I'm not talking about it romantically, but in as a disciple.

I'd often buy him tuna sushi or salad (anything to do with tuna will do) for lunch, cut fruits for his snacks, get him his caramel macchiato for Mondays and Fridays. And in days where he'd be on the rooftop, I would always give him a drink, sometimes a coco-cola, sprite, coffee, a hot tea or just plain water. We didn't talk. He'd stare at the blue skies and so would I. And every 8 minutes, I'd take a glance at him to see if he was crying as he looked really upset even though he didn't look like one back in the studio. I get it. He put his mask on every time he'd meet other people especially when there might be an unexpected vlogging camera by 2NE1 members, especially Dara-sunbae.

Being an observant disciple, I noticed how he would hide all his emotions in order to avoid scandals outside the headquarters premises and even inside as well. He was somehow different when he was surrounded by his colleagues and when alone. Perhaps, the only people he'd show his true self and emotions were Mr. Teddy and Youngbae since I saw him did that on my first day of work and Youngbae was his closest friend and I could I see that even with my bare eyes. Youngbae would always notice how unhappy Jiyong was and he'd try to keep others to watch their mouths to prevent any unnecessary things being said.

 

 

♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛

 

 

 

 

 

hello, guys!

I'm back with a new chapter

I hope you like this one.

I think I wrote too much about Jiyong's life, but it's kind of an introduction.

Next chapter will be more amusing I promise!

 

Please leave down any comments below! And Upvote pretty please?

Thankyou!

Love you

https://33.media.tumblr.com/345e592dd741ae65015eabdeb8995405/tumblr_nt2sxym2UO1uyjzfro1_500.gif