one하나

I'm G-Dragon's Bestfriend
Chapter 1: My Purpose of Life 
 
If anyone of you asks one another what your lives purposes are, you'd probably answer the basic things; marriage, having kids, giving your parents happiness, etc. But for me, my life purpose is to meet G-Dragon a.k.a Kwon Ji Yong in person, get to know him and to let him know me, Kang Yeojung.
 
I was only 14 years old the first time I ever saw him. It wasn't a first sight 'Idol' crush, but, somehow I developed the feeling of not wanting to date anyone else besides him, know what I mean? 
 
People, especially the one or two guys whose hearts I had rejected, asked me why I wasn't a 'normal' girl. And I, clearly don't know what they mean. Okay, so those 'one or two guys' are not bad. 
 
For one, Jung Kyung Ho, who is actually my childhood friend, is financially stable, his personality is better than anyone else, his mom made the best gimbap and his dad just complimented and sometimes gave me a dime every time I visit, but, I just couldn't see him as someone more than a friend. He was just someone whom I felt comfortable being with nothing more. 
 
And then, Hwang Yoo Jin, someone who resembles 'him'. I met him in college back in 2009. He's a guy who most girls want to get involved with; parties every weekend, playful yet sincere, charming smile, rides a black Mercedes, loaded with money, educated (in his own ways), plays music. He was someone who really gave me what they call 'butterflies in my stomach'. But then, I realized that I was merely thinking of him as 'him'. 
 
I'm not saying that I'm the popular girl but, I do have a '7 on the scale of 0 to 10' face. And I don't have the perfect body, but at least I'm 160 cm tall, my body weight of 50 kg and my hair doesn't look like a helmet on my head. 
 
So enough with that, my point is I have no other interest in other things except for being someone Jiyong knows. My parents are even frustrated with me. I graduated top of my class, I could've chosen to be someone more useful (in terms of income), but I didn't, I chose music engineering. Even my older sister, Yeojin was and is trying her best to make them proud and took what interests her best, and that is being a doctor, what a bright future. People who meet us rarely knew that we're biological sisters. They'd always say, "Wow, Yeojin-ah, you're so smart!" "You're beautiful, smart and kind, every guy must be chasing after you!" To Yeojin. And to me, they said, "Ah, you're going after music tech." "Can you even play music?" "Ah, you used to play piano...are you even good at it?" "Still obsessing about that gay-like idol?" And then I'd get pissed off. If it's a 'she', then I'd scream at her, if it's a 'he', I'd punch him already. 
 
People who knew about my i-don't-know-what-this-is-called thingy about Gdragon would ask me why I'm obsessing about that guy. I'd tell them that I wasn't obsessing I was just admiring. And they'd just shake their heads, giving up. And then, I'd tell them why I love him. 
 
I love the fact that he makes his own songs. I love how he dresses; how he changes his hairstyle every time he came back with new singles; I love how he said the word 'swag'; how he wrote 3 songs in one go; how he blushes while being complimented on stage; how he loves to watch historical dramas; how he tried to imitate his YG daddy; how 'Yong' in his real name means dragon; and most of all, I love how he smiles.
 
As much as I love him, I hate him for making me this way. I know that I'm...obsessed. But, I just wanted to be known to him, not as a famous celebrity, but as a normal person. And I know this sounds really cheesy and weird, but, that's all I want, really. Probably after that dream comes true, I'll think about my future.
 ~~~
28 October 2015,
For now, I'm just trying to survive this part-time job, which includes the responsibility of scanning people's CDs and receiving money in return. I loved my job. Working in a music shop made me learn something new every day. Plus, I need to earn and feed myself, don't I? 
 
 
"Ne, hello?" I answered my phone secretly as I turned my body around and covered my mouth with my hand. 
"This is me Yoohan, the assistant engineer of Teddy Park's studio." the other line spoke. 
"Ah ne, Yoohan-sshi..." I answered. 
"You told me to inform you when I quit...so here I am. And, I assume that you wanted to fill in this vacancy, so I recommended you to Teddy-sshi. Is that alright?" He asked. I bit my lips from screaming in excitement. 
"Omo! Thank you so much! So, when can I start working?" I thanked and asked while bowing to the air. 
"Ah, you can come in tomorrow morning at 7 a.m. His studio's in the third floor. Good luck." He informed.
"Ne... Thank you so much, Yoohan-sshi!" I said and once more bowing to the air. 
 
After finishing my shift that day, I went straight to my rooftop apartment and happily played on my keyboard. I was really really excited and anxious at the same time. What if I got rejected? What if the job position is filled already? What if I get really nervous and do weird stuff when I meet him? There's just so much in my mind.
 
~~~
29 October 2015
My heart raced just standing in front of the YG building. I walked quickly as the chilly fall wind started attacking my already-thickly-layered body. I was wearing an olive colored blouse with my white skinny jeans, layered by my cashmere-look-alike cream colored coat along with a brown scarf which my mother gave for last Christmas. I also wore my heeled boots and curled my hair before pulling it back into a ponytail.
 
"What are you doing here, Agasshi?" The security in front of the building asked, stopping me to take a step further.
"Ah, I have a job interview with Teddy Park."
"Wait here. I'll ask the receptionist." He said and I stood there, looking through the glass door for any signs of him, unfortunately, there wasn't any.
"Alright. You may go in. His studio's on the third floor, kiddo." He said and gave me a smile and I smiled back, of course, knowing that we'll be working in the same building. 
 
After pressing the 'up' symbol on the elevator, I shivered a little and tried to warm my freezing hands by rubbing them against each other. I went in and leaned against the metal wall behind me. The door opened when I reached the second floor. I was about to yawn when I saw who was getting into the lift inside with me. Kwon.Ji.Yong. 
He walked into the same lift as me and leaned against the wall, and he was damn next to me! I watched him. I watched him for a good 10 seconds before we arrived, but I couldn't see his eyes clearly. He was wearing sunglasses. While I scanned him from the side I concluded a few points about him. First, his face skin wasn't as good and flawless as it was on TV. Secondly, he was wearing something weird, like good weird. He looked like someone from the gym. Thirdly, there were sweats running down his forehead and it's freaking almost-winter. And lastly, he was wearing sandals! Wow! And it's so freaking cold. And forgive me for saying that like hundreds of times today, but it is cold and he was dressed so lightly. I worried about him. 
 
"No...you've got to listen to me...no...wait..." He said as the door opens for the second time. It's the third floor. We got off at the same floor. He walked in front of me and I just watched him from the back. His back was slouching and he was walking casually. He sounded really sad and angry. And then, he turned his head back and looked at me with one of his eyebrows raised. He must be thinking that I'm a stalker or something. So, I bowed, trying to tell him that I'm a staff. But, I've got no tag yet... Apparently, he didn't confront me and just walked straight to the empty room a few feets away from my destination. 
 
I knocked the door about two times before someone unlocked it and greeted me. 
"Ah, you must be Kang Yeojung?" He said and smiled.
"Ne. Anyeonghaseo, Kang Yeojung-imnida!" I said and bowed, and I'm guessing that he got whipped by my ponytail as he took a step back. 
"Okay, come on in." He said 'okay' in English. OH my God, he's so cool...
 
"So you used to work in Antenna entertainment?" He asked for the informal interview he was doing. 
"Yes. I worked there for 2 years and then I worked in a music shop." I replied. Somehow I felt like my jobs are not well timelined. A normal person would've worked in a music shop first then in an entertainment studio. But Teddy nodded and continued asking me about my previous role as a recording engineer. 
 
"I was working in a studio for Jeong Sunghwan, Sam Kim, and Kwon Jinah. Basically, I was in charge of the studio which they recorded in." I said with my hands clasped together because I was so nervous. 
 
"Oh, I've heard of them." He said and continued nodding before walking around the studio giving me a tour. I was a little confused. Have I accepted already?
 
He showed me a few—well, not a few, all of the equipment in fact. And I, because of my good instinct, wrote it down on my notepad, in case I forgot. He showed me where the mics need to be placed every day, what and where all kinds of instruments need to be placed. He also told me not to touch the mixing console, the recorder, and basically every important and expensive looking stuff. He told me what coffee he likes and instructed me to buy them every morning. He also told me to sweep the floor and tidy up the studio from time to time because what he hated most is cleaning. And, lastly he told me that I wasn't needed during the day time as I wouldn't have anything to do. So, I was transferred to the music library downstairs from 10 a.m to 3 p.m, to copy down music sheets, manually. 
 
And then, he told me to grab his coffee by 8 a.m.
 
"W-What are you..." He asked while looking at his watch. 
"A-AH...You mean now??? Alright...I'll go down now.." I told him and run as fast as I could to Starbucks next to the building (that's what he said). 
 
By the time I came back, it was 7.54 a.m. And I wasn't wearing my scarf any longer because I had been running around and of course my body temperature rose. 
 
And there my new employer was, sitting on his desk, typing on his phone, as if waiting for me, testing me to be exact. 
"Ah, you came back!" He exclaimed and looked at his watch, satisfied. "Oh, my Americano..." He said and took the warm cup of coffee from my grip. 
 
At about 8.10 I started cleaning. I went out and went to the janitor's room to grab a vacuum and a mop. Mr. Teddy drew a map to go to my destination for me, apparently, he drew it on the invisible air. And me, because I'm not a genius as he is, didn't understand a thing. The only direction I get was, straight. Not wanting him to learn how slow I was, I just nodded and carried out my second duty.

 

It was 8 in the morning and nobody was there, well, there were; me, Mr. Teddy and Ji—and then I heard him, still talking on the phone I guess. I wasn't usually an eavesdropper, but, I just couldn't resist. After all, he was the reason why I came here. 

 

"No...Kiko...You don't understand... It's not that I don't want us to make us an official couple...it's just that—Kiko...hello?" Jiyong said and groaned. And then, the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me happened. 

 

"W-Who are you?" He asked after opening the door out of sudden, making me gasp and fell down on the floor on my . And it darn hurts.

His eyes were wide opened and so was his mouth. His sunglasses were on his head so I can see his eyes clearly. They were widely opened and so was his mouth. And I got a feeling that I've just tangled myself into a big mess.

 

 

 

 ❧ ❧ ❧ ❧ ❧ ❧ ❧ ❧ ❧ ❧ ❧ ❧ ❧

 

First chapter up!
Please give me feedbacks by writing your mind down below 

thank you for reading!

love you