Epilogue

Muse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue

People said that knowing-each-other-stage in relationship is the most interesting yet challenging stage of your relationship. As the couple began to dig each other’s interest, hobbies, personalities, habits, weirdness, even your partner’s past—whether the nice ones or the ugly ones—they’ll immediately feel whether the partner is your ‘destined one’ or not; whether they’re the one who’ll be your friend, enemy, lover, for the rest of your life or not; whether they’re the one who’ll stay thru thick and thin or not; whether they’re the one who’ll become the parent of your children or not.
Sweet, isn’t it? 
It is indeed sweet and true to some people, but for me and Taeyeon, we skipped that beautiful and interesting stage and moved forward to the choosing-life-partner stage. We went through so many unique experiences—which weren’t as beautiful as you’d expected—even separation for two years, but we just immediately know that we’re each other destined partner for the rest of our life.
‘Better late than never’ is probably the best phrase to picturing my relationship with Taeyeon right now. Once she said yes to my proposal, we began the knowing-each-other stage in our unique way.
We explored so many things about each other. I began to tell her about my family—even the extended ones, my colleagues, my friends, my pets, my personal favorites, my ex-girlfriends, and my past outside Yoona-and-Seunghyun’s area.  She began to tell me about her friends—even the ones from the orphanage, her colleagues, her personal favorites, her puppy, her ex-boyfriends, her past, even her unique hobbies—which is coloring on children’s coloring book.
We went to a lot of places to reminisce our personal memories—such as my hidden place to write, or where she had her first kiss with her middle school crush, et cetera—and tell each other about it. As couple who started in unique start point, it’s important for us to be very honest and take every information accordingly. Otherwise, one of us could ruin what we’ve been building the past months—which is called ‘relationship’.
As we really want to know each other well, we also worked together to prepare our wedding. There was no wedding organizer, all the preparations were done by us and our families.
We had arranged the guest list, picked the dress and the tux, the wedding venue, the catering, the wedding singer, the best men, the bridesmaids—well, practically everything—by ourselves. Of course, during that period Taeyeon and I got to know each other better—this is a fact you have to know: our preference in color and fashion is really different! Taeyeon goes for a pretty, colorful, casual looking style, when I go for punk, chic, monochrome style with sudden twist in the overall looks.
With that big differences, we argued A LOT—I didn’t exaggerate anything for God’s sake—during the wedding preparations. She wanted to have fun garden party wedding, while I prefer normal banquet wedding. She wanted strawberry cheesecake flavor for our wedding cake, while I wanted chocolate flavor. She chose red and pink rose for the flower arrangement in the reception area, while I opted for white rose instead. We argued at every little thing—she won every time though. Wedding is a woman’s celebration, isn’t it?—but eventually reconciled a few hours after the argument happened.
Many things happened, for the better or worse, during six months of our wedding preparation, for this big day.
Our wedding day. 

 


Bali will always have a special place in our hearts. 
It’s where we meet, where we know each other for the first time, where we spent both beautiful and sad times together.
It’s also a place where our lives changed entirely—where courage was found, a lot of provocation and revelation took place, and dreams were made into reality. 
Because of our meeting in Bali, we finally reached this point—as Kwon Jiyong and Kim Taeyeon. 
Due to our special love towards Bali, Taeyeon had thoughts to hold our wedding in Bali. The idea was rejected by a few important people though—people included in that list are my family, Junryeol-hyung, Inha-noona, and a few of our close friends like Youngbae, Yuri, Tiffany, and Park Junsu. The reason? Obviously the same-old-boring work. 
Unlike Jiyong and Taeyeon who work wherever and whenever they want, most of the guests work in formal institution which requires them to be present in the office at certain times, 5 to 7 days a week (yeah, they’re such workaholics). I begged them to change their mind about Bali’s wedding, even offered to pay for their tickets and accommodation, but they strongly refused and said that the problem was not money. 
It’s ing time. 
That’s why Taeyeon—who wanted to hold a fun garden party wedding instead of the common ones in hotel’s ballroom—tried to find a solution which could accommodate our wish as bride and groom, also our closest ones’ wish. 
Then Jejudo came into mind. 
Jejudo has similar vibes with Bali—the calmer version, obviously—with soft sand, wide natural space, and warm sun ray which will accommodate our wish as bride and groom. It’s close to Seoul, thus our guests could attend our wedding for in the afternoon and (if they are such a hardcore-workaholic) return to Seoul with the last flight from Jeju Airport to Incheon or Gimpo Airport. 
Those reasons brought us—me, Taeyeon, our loved ones, and the guests—to this big day, in a warm afternoon in the middle of Spring, to a relative’s ‘next-to-cliff-with-good-amount-of-greens’ café named Monsant. The place had been decorated to fit the wedding theme—with red, pink, and white roses all over, aisle that covered with synthetic grass, wooden benches located next to the aisle, dimmed lanterns decorated the aisle’s side, and white piano at the side end of the aisle. Taeyeon and I also made sure that every guests have direct view to Jejudo’s ocean and beautiful sunset. 
This beautiful set up is definitely worthy of ‘every women’s dream wedding’ title. 
Because it was indeed a writer’s—named Kim Taeyeon—dream wedding.
Our families—yeah, mine and hers. Taeyeon’s father came to walk her down the aisle, despite their awkward relationship—and guests have been seated on the benches, the musician has taken his position on the piano’s stool, the MC has stood in his designated position, the best men and bridesmaids have lined up next to mine and Taey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter