Wangta

Oblivious Love

Bomi woke up all of sudden and looked around her room confused. A horrible headache was bothering her and she groggily got up from her bed and headed to the bathroom, ‘Aish, I don’t remember anything’, she wailed as she grabbed her toothbrush and stared at her messy state in the mirror. ‘What happened, what happened?’ she said to herself quietly trying to remember something, but it only made the headache even worse. She got ready for school and was about to head out but decided to check on her father when she entered his room he she saw that the bed messy and clothes were scattered around the room. He stared at her with the same distant look in his eyes. Bomi knew her father could speak if he wanted to but the glass like look in his eyes and the bottles of soju on the floor told her something else. She bent down and picked up the clothes and did his bed, after cleaning she left a pot of soup before heading out.  As she walked to school she started feeling nervous. Trying to shake off the headache Bomi finally arrived at her school, as she entered the gates she braced herself for the worst, but nothing happened. Everyone was minding their own business… well that’s how it seemed. No one was giving her eye contact which made her narrow her eyes in suspicion. As she walked through the corridor and headed towards her class she noticed that no one was even glancing at her. ‘What’s up with everyone?’ she muttered as she pushed opened the door to her classroom. She looked towards her desk where three girls were hovering around her desk, with a grin plastered all over their smug faces. The atmosphere in the class was cold and tense. Bomi stared at the girls trying to comprehend as to what was going on. Bomi recognised one of the girls however, it was the bully Soojin. Bomi gasped a little. ‘Soojin?’ she muttered surprised. Bomi tried to compose herself but she was now already starting to fear for the worst. Bomi put on a cold facade and walked confidently towards her. ‘Move’, Bomi said glaring at her. Soojin smirked, ‘Yeah right, who do you think you are?’ she laughed poking at Bomi’s forehead. Bomi slapped off the girls hand and two other behind her stared at her pissed. The class was now silent and there was utterly no noise at all. Soojin crossed her arms and smiled. ‘I guess you don’t remember what happened last night, do you?’ she said almost mockingly. Bomi stared at her, unable to say a single thing. Soojin could tell through Bomi’s expression and smiled. ‘Remember that bet is still going’, before walking out, the two other girls followed behind her, leaving a confused Bomi standing there.

Throughout the day no one looked at her, when she opened her locker she saw a mess piled on top of her things. She realised she was now marked as a wangta. Gritting her teeth in anger she slammed her locker door shut. She couldn’t remember anything that happened last night. As she headed towards her classroom she saw Dasom walking with her friends. There was an uneasy look present in her eyes and all of a sudden Bomi remembered everything. Eyes wide she did a U turn from her class and walked fast away from the class. ‘Oh no what have I done?’ Bomi said in an almost hysterical voice as she clutched her school bag in nervousness. Bomi closed her eyes tight before opening them. ‘I just need to get him to date me right?’, she told herself. ‘It might be easy…’, she trailed off realising the aftermath of her being drunk. Bomi continuously hit herself. ‘You fool’, she muttered angrily realising that her stay in her high school was not going to last. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________