Lions Den

Oblivious Love

Daehyun woke up with the curtains already open, blinking once then twice he frowned, ‘Aish, who entered my room’, he muttered as he rolled onto his side and gasped as he saw Dasom sitting on his chair twirling around. ‘Annyong!~’ she said. Daehyun immediately got up and stared, ‘Ya! Why are you in my room?’ Daehyun laughed as he got out of bed.

‘Hurry and get dressed into something nice, we have a party to attend today’, she said in a sing song voice. Daehyun stood up and dragged himself to the bathroom. ‘Dasom-ah you’re really a person with no manners’, he shouted from inside. Dasom scoffed, ‘Yeah, whatever’, rolling her eyes and walking out of his room. Daehyun chuckled quietly, it was a while since he met his childhood friend. Dasom walked downstairs when she arrived at the landing she turned around and sighed quietly. ‘Ey, you don’t even notice’, she said shaking her head before walking towards the kitchen to eat something.

Daehyun walked down the stairs and grabbed his jacket, he pushed opened the door and entered into a car that was waiting for him outside. Dasom was already inside staring outside the window absent mindedly. ‘Anything the matter?’ he asked as he fastened his seatbelt. Dasom turned to face him, ‘There’s a girl in my class, that’s bothering me’, she said frowning. Daehyun laughed, ‘Did you fight with her?’ he asked. Dasom shook her head, ‘No she looks like someone I know’, before turning back to face the window again. Daehyun tilted his head sideways in confusion but didn’t ask anything anymore.

-

‘Oh what to do…’, Bomi whispered quietly staring at a mess that was her wardrobe, she was planning to go to the party but there was only one small problem. What to wear. ‘I need to look cool’, she complained quietly as she rummaged inside her wardrobe as she did she felt her hand touch what seemed like a box. ‘Oh?’ she said as she moved all her clothes and started to drag what seemed like a tightly closed box with a lock. ‘What’s this?’ she said curiously. Noticing the broken key hole she yanked it opened and to her surprise it did, ‘what’s in here?’ she said aloud eagerly hoping there was something interesting but there was only photos of her childhood in there and some random toys. Bomi got a photo out and smiled. ‘Ah I wonder how everyone’s doing right now’, she said to herself. She closed the box and left the photo on her table, she continued searching for a pretty dress but after that Bomi decided to buy a new dress instead, as she was about to head outside she double checked on her father who lay there on his bed, the same distant, hazy look in his eyes. Bomi quickly opened a packet of ramen and cooked it, leaving the pot next to his bedside table. ‘Just in case you want to eat father’, she said quietly before leaving.

-

-

Bomi breathed in deeply as she took steady steps towards the house, already people were there, loud music could be heard and the excited chattering filled the atmosphere. Somehow Bomi regretted making this decision, however to get over this obstacle she needed to make friends, know how to socialise, ‘let’s do this Bomi, fighting!’ she said in the most confident tone. When she entered into the house the music was louder and noise was much clearer, unaware where to step or where to go she looked around as she slowly headed towards a room brightly lit.

Bomi squinted as she tried to make her way through the crowd when someone grabbed her arms, suddenly she was whirled around dancing with a stranger, Bomi tried to take a step back but the boy grabbed her waist, ‘Let go of me’, Bomi shouted trying to get rid of the boy’s strong grip, just then another boy pushed him away, making him sprawl across the floor in a drunken state, Bomi turned around, ‘thank you’, she said to the boy but when her eyes went up to his face, she made a small gasp in delight. ‘Oh it’s you!’, she said amused but the boy stared at her, he tiled his head to one side confused, ‘do you know me?’ he said bemused, just when Bomi was about to reply a girl came up from behind him, Bomi realised it was Dasom.

Dasom smiled at Bomi, ‘so you came huh?’ she said grinning. ‘Yes’, Bomi said still watching the boy carefully. Dasom noticed and linked her arms with his, ‘let’s go Daehyun’, she said flashing a smile, ‘Oh okay’, Daehyun said glancing at Bomi one last time. Oh so his name is Daehyun huh, thought Bomi. She turned around and tried to focus on the party but she didn’t feel like she fit in. In one corner of the room a group of teens were playing spin the bottle, Bomi eyed the game carefully and smirked. ‘Now that looks fun’, she said under her breath as she walked towards the group. ‘Can I join?’ Bomi asked. One girl looked up and stared at her, ‘sure’, she said shrugging. Bomi sat down her legs crossed anticipating for the game, however to her surprise she realised that they had changed the rules. ‘You spin the bottle’, said a girl who was eyeing her with a strange look. Bomi stared at the bottle before making up her mind, when she did the bottle landed on a guy. Three girls who were sitting opposite of Bomi laughed gleefully. Bomi narrowed her eyes, suddenly feeling that she had done the wrong thing getting into this game. ‘Kiss that girl over there’, one of the girls said nodding at a girl who sitting on a table talking to her friend. Bomi absent mindedly bit her lip realising that they would probably make her do weird dares too if the bottle landed on her. Deciding to leave, Bomi stood up. ‘Where are YOU going?’ a girl said smirking.

‘She doesn’t want to play’, a guy said next to her. However the girl was having none of it.

‘We haven’t even finished the game, so stay’, she said almost threateningly. Bomi scoffed. Just what is her problem? She thought.

‘I don’t want to’, Bomi said as she was about to turn around. However the three girls who were sitting in front of her stood up, one of them grabbed her by the arm and pushed her aside to one room. ‘Just what do you think you’re doing?’ Bomi shouted angry. ‘I don’t think you know who you’re talking to’, the second girl said smirking. Bomi narrowed her eyes, because of the dim litted room, and the makeup and clothes she couldn’t recognize the girls but as she closely looked at them she realised who she was dealing with. . Thought Bomi frantically as she suddenly found herself cornered by three bullies of her school. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally had the time to update it ^_^ I finished my very first fanfic a couple days back and so now i'm focusing on this fanfic :') I just spent 2 hours of studying but I feel like I wasn't being productive enough D: