Drunken State

Oblivious Love

Bomi never spoke to them, she didn’t want to get involved, which is why tried her hardest to stay invisible in school, since they were her sunbaes she tried to stay far away from them. But today, that wasn’t going to happen. ‘Ya! Why aren’t you saying anything’, the girl in the middle said as she poked Bomi on the shoulder. ‘Ha, she must be scared, Soojin’, the other girl said. Soojin stared at Bomi, ‘is that it? What happened to your confidence?’ she said as she lightly tugged Bomi’s hair. Bomi slapped Soojin’s hand away. ‘Confidence? I have tons of it’, Bomi retorted, determined not to let these girls see the weak side of her. ‘Oh is that so?’ Soojin replied with a glint of danger in her eyes. Bomi was now not only feeling scared but nervous too, ‘well then… you see that guy over there? Make him fall for you’, Bomi’s eyes followed Soojin’s finger and it landed on… Bomi’s eyes widened. It was Daehyun. Bomi smiled, ‘That’s it?’ she said almost laughing in relief but her smiled faltered when she saw the confidence in Soojin’s eyes. ‘Yes. If you don’t make him fall for you in a month, be prepared to get transferred to a different school.’ Bomi was taken aback. ‘That’s a little bit too…’ she started but Soojin was already walking off. ‘Wait!’ Bomi shouted confused at the current situation she was in all off a sudden. Soojin turned around, ‘Are you not confident?’ Seeing that look of satisfaction in her eyes and smile, Bomi was more determined to get Daehyun’s attention. No matter what.

-

Bomi sat at the nearest table to Daehyun, she watched him as he talked to his friends. Dasom was with him too. ‘Now, what I should I do?’ she said aloud as she rested her chin on her hands and stared at him for a long time. Sometimes he would look her way and then back to his friends again, when their eyes did make contact Bomi would purposely give a mysterious smile. She thought by teasing Daehyun he would somehow notice her more. But it was not working. Daehyun repeatedly ignored her and it was making Bomi even more determined. She tapped her fingers against the table impatiently trying to find ways to make him fall for her when an idea popped in her head. Her eyes swivelled to the table that had glasses of alcohol. Perfect, thought Bomi as she stood up and walked towards the table.

-

Daehyun couldn’t help but glance at Bomi, so very often he’d take a quick peak at her only to find himself eye to eye with her. She also did a weird smile which made him uncomfortable, but he still couldn’t ignore her, as he tried to listen to the conversation his friends were making he noticed that Bomi had stood up and she was making her way towards a table and his eyes opened slightly wide when he saw her drink two glasses of alcohol all in one go. What is she thinking? He thought shaking his head slightly as he continued watching her. However Bomi wasn’t stopping anytime soon, she drank another glass and then another, by now people around her were noticing her but she still continued until she started stumbling. Dasom who was talking stopped in the middle of her sentence and tapped Daehyun on the shoulder, ‘Oppa? What are you looking at?’ Daehyun turned around at the group and nodded over his shoulder, everyone’s eyes were on Bomi who was now stumbling towards them with an empty glass bottle in one hand. ‘What’s up with that chick?’ Commented Zelo as Daehyun started feeling anxious. For some reason he had a feeling that she was maybe walking towards them. And he was right. In a few seconds she was right in front of him holding the bottle pointed towards his chest. ‘You.’ She said in a slurred voice. Daehyun glanced around him quick and saw people were staring and laughing. Dasom leaned forward anticipating for what may come next. Daehyun stood up, ‘Look you shouldn’t be doing this…’, he said trying to get rid of the bottle but Bomi was not budging. ‘Date me’, she said her tone uneven. Daehyun wrinkled his nose at the horrible stench of alcohol. ‘I think you’re dru-‘ but before he could finish his sentence, Bomi smash the bottle on the table, the bottle broke in half everyone’s eyes widened realising the situation was starting to get dangerous. ‘I said date me!’ shouted Bomi, the broken bottle lightly poking at Daehyun’s chest, he raised his hands up in surrender, ‘Ok Ok I get it, remove that bottle please’, he said suddenly feeling scared. ‘Ya, that’s dangerous’, Dasom said suddenly standing up. Bomi turned around, ‘what?’ she then started laughing, a loud out of control one, she turned around to face Daehyun and cupped his chin in her hands, ‘You’re mine now ok?’ she said but in that moment her rolled back and she vomited all over him. ‘That’s disgusting!’, Daehyun shouted as he shoved her away, Bomi lost her balance and fell onto the floor in a mess, she then started giggling half-drunk half conscious , ‘He’s dating me’, she said quietly again and again. Daehyun stared at her in horror, ‘This crazy ’, he muttered. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________