CHAPTER 3: THE UNBELIEVABLE FAVOR

MOTHER FOR RENT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


[Heechul’s POV]
Everything happened so fast. From the scene where this little boy called me “Umma” until this very moment where that little boy sleeping at my lap while hugging me. 

*FLASHBACK*

“Appa! It’s Umma!” this little boy pointing at me. I really don’t know what to say. I looked at the people, or more specifically to the person that I think this kid is calling his “Appa”. I think I already saw this guy, wait...

Before I figured out who is this guy, I feel that there are some flashing lights in front of me. Then I shrugged when I realized where am I and my reason why am I on that place. 

“Umma...” I sense the trembled body of the kid on top of me. So without second thought, I hugged the kid tightly. I don’t know what’s gotten to my brain but I know this is the best thing I could do at that very moment. 

Then I feel a hand to help me to stand up and I know who is the owner of that hand. My brother, Lee Hyukjae.

“Unnie, are you alright?” he asked me worriedly. I just nodded. I can’t utter any word at this moment. 

“Ms. Heechul, are you the mother of that kid?” 1st reporter
“You’re already a mother?” 2nd reporter
“Is this true that you’re the secret wife of Mr. Hangeng?” 3rd reporter
“Are they the reason why did you come here in Korea?” 4th reporter

5th, 6th, 7th, 8th... reporters bombarded me different questions but everything was connected to this kid and I think an actor named, Hangeng.

First time in my life, I got panicked. I really don’t know what to do. And I know that Eunhyuk is more panicked than me. Of course, I’m stronger than my brother.

Suddenly, I feel a pair of hand holding my shoulder and I’m sure it is doesn’t belong to my brother. I looked up to the owner of those hands and I saw the guy that I think the father of this kid and also had a named, Hangeng. Well, I can’t deny to myself that he’s more handsome in closer look. 

“Umma, call the driver to bring the van outside the entrance. Donghae, Kyuhyun, I’ll leave the reporters to you.” I heard the Hangeng guy commanded to the people with him a while ago. After that, the Hangeng guy lead me together with this kid towards the entrance. Honestly, I felt a sudden protection from the touch of this guy. OMG! KIM HEECHUL! WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!!!

After a long walk, we arrived to the entrance. Then I feel that the guy untouched his hand from my shoulder. 

“Umma, please bring them first at the van while I’m going to fix the reporters.” The Hangeng guy commanded again the pretty woman infront of me.

“Ok, son. Let’s talk about this later.” 

Then the Hangeng guy goes back to the place where the reporters are located. I faced the woman that I think the mother of that Hangeng guy and to my surprised she was smiling at me. 

“Uhm, Ms.?” I know that she didn’t know me. Oh? So there are some people that didn’t know me.

“Heechul. My name is Kim Heechul.” Wow? I think this is the most formal introduction I’ve ever done in my life. 

“If you don’t mind, you could stay first at our family van while we are fixing the problems inside. Then we are going to explain later. Is it ok with you?” The woman asked me politely. 

I looked at Eunhyuk and he just nodded. Wow, I almost forgot the existence of my brother because of that Hangeng guy. 

I faced again the woman.

“It’s ok with us.” 

“And also, if you don’t mind, please take care of our Taemin first, I think he was already asleep.” 

I just realized that the kid I am holding was already asleep. Then I just nodded. 

Me and Eunhyuk, also the kid that I’m carrying, ride at the said van. After a few minutes, we got surprised except for the kid that I’m still carrying because he was still sleeping, by the sudden door open of the van revealing a kid. 

“I’m his cousin.” Said the kid who opened the door. He also ride at the van and sit beside me while his infront of Eunhyuk. 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

So this is still our situation in this van. It’s been 1 hour, since we rode here. 

But I noticed that ever since the kid beside me ride in this van, Eunhyuk never leave his stare at the kid. What’s wrong to my brother? I feel that something was bothering at him. Well, did he think that he can lie to me? Hell no, my brother is a very transparent person that every person could read his mind. What more, when it comes to me? I’m his sister so I could easily read his mind and I’m very that when we get out of this freaking mess, I’ll make it sure that he’ll tell me EVERYTHING in his mind now.

I got startled again with the door open. How many times would this door is going to give me heart attack? Geez...

This time, it was a guy, I think same age with Eunhyuk. And from what I remember, he’s one of the guy either Donghae or Kyuhyun that Hangeng guy mentioning a while ago.

“Let’s go, Minho.” The said guy told to the kid beside me. So this kid name is Minho. 

“Yes, Appa.” The kid left the van but he didn’t forget to give us a bow. 

When I looked at Eunhyuk, his face was so look horror. I don’t know what expression he had right now. What’s really happening to him? 

“Oh, I’m sorry we took a long time. Could you go with me and also uhm your -- ?” the Hangeng guy’s mother looked at Eunhyuk asking his name. 

Then my brother gulped then answer her “I’m Eunhyuk, her manager and also her brother.”

The Hangeng guy mother smiled. “By the way, I’m Lee Leeteuk, the grandmother of that kid. I’m sorry I forgot to introduce myself. Anyway, if you don’t mind again, could you go with me so that we could explain everything to you? They are already waiting for us inside the hotel.”

I don’t know why I asked this question. “But how about this kid?”

“Oh, his nanny was going to take care of him while we are going to have a talk inside. Nanny, please take Taemin from her.” Mrs. Lee commanded to the nanny beside her and then the nanny takes Taemin from me.

After that, the three of us, me, Eunhyuk and Mrs. Lee proceed to the room where I think that we are going to have a talk. 


ROOM...


I got surprised when I entered this room because there are lots of people. Well, not so LOTS, maybe 10 people are inside in this room. But for me, these are LOTS of people just have a talk with us. What are we really going to have a talk?

Mrs. Lee guides us at the table and let us (Me and Eunhyuk) to sit at the empty chair. I got feel that everyone in the room was staring at me like I do the baddest crime in the world.

Everyone was silenced. 

Since, I have a VERY SHORT PATIENCE, I started to break the silence.

“So, what are we going to talk about right now? I don’t know what commotion happened a while ago and to think that it ruined my press conference for today.” I said with full confidence. Well, that’s really me. 

“Don’t worry about your press conference because I already talk to the organizer of that event to re-schedule your presscon.” Said by the man who is seated beside Mrs. Lee, that I guess he must be Mr. Lee.

“Ok, that’s good. So what’s really our matter today?” 

“Could you please know how to wait? Why are you so lack of patience?!” the Hangeng guy shouted at me. 

“Oh, I’M SORRY MISTER but sorry to say, I really had a lack of patience.” I said with a tone of it-is-me-Kim-Heechul.

Mrs. Lee holds Hangeng’s hand. “Hangeng, don’t be like that. Remember, we need her.” The Hangeng guy just sighed.

Wait, NEED? ME? WHAT?!

Before I could react because of Mrs. Lee’s last sentence, someone was started to talk.

“Ms. Heechul,”

“Just call me, Heechul.” I said to the feminine guy who is beside of Hangeng.

“I know this is kinda hard to believe even us, we can believe that this could happen to the real life.” I could sense that the feminine guy who he is talking right now just sighed and thanks to my special ability, I could read his face that he was so nervous to the point, he can’t think a right word to explain everything to me.

The feminine guy looked at the guy beside him who was bowing his head and I don’t know what on earth his hand was doing below the table. 

“YAH! CHO KYUHYUN! Could you stop playing your damn PSP?! Urgh! Didn’t you know how hard for me to tell her everything we want to explain to her?!” 

The feminine guy shouted to the guy and from what I’ve observed, the guy stop playing his PSP and looked up to stared at me. He even put a smirk in his lips and I find it amazing because I never met a person like him that could reach the level of smirk. 

He sighed and then, “Ms. I-have-lack-of-patience, they want to tell you that you’re face was really look alike with Hangeng’s wife face. The only difference is that you’re a girl and he’s a guy. Yes, Hangeng’s wife is a guy. But this is not the time to tell their oh-so-love-story because the important issue right now that Taemin, the kid that you’re holding a while ago, is mistakenly you as his mother. Actually, Taemin’s mother already died since Taemin’s birth, unfortunately, we lied to him that his mother is still alive. So until now, Taemin believe that his mother is still alive and think that’s you. That’s why we make a decision that you’re going to act to be the mother of Taemin.”

Everyone went in a dead silence but WAIT?!!!!!!!!

I stood up, “WHAT THE ING HELL DID YOU SAID?! DID YOU JUST TOLD ME TO PRETEND TO BE THE MOTHER FOR THAT KID?! DID YOU EVEN KNOW WHO AM I?! ”

I feel that my blood is boiling in its very HIGH TEMPERATURE!!!

But of course, my dear brother is going to save these people from my non-stop cursing.

“Noona, could you please calm down?” he said worriedly.

“HOW CAN I CALM DOWN KIM HYUKJAE?!!! THEY ARE FREAKING ME OUT?! THEY EVEN TALKING ABOUT THIS PRETENDING MOTHER TO ME?!!!” I shouted that could even my throat is going to explode.

“Wow, she can really adapt the cursing marathon of Heenim” I glared the guy who is playing again his PSP.

“YAH! CHO KYUHYUN!!! WHY DID YOU SUDDENLY TELL HER EVERYTHING?! AND HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU BE RESPECTFUL TO YOUR HYUNGS AND CALL THEIR NAME WITH POLITE “HYUNG”?!” the feminine guy shouted again but unfortunately, the guy keep playing his PSP and didn’t bothered to look at the feminine guy. Aish, what a bastard.

“Calm down everyone, we don’t need to shout.” Mrs. Lee said in her sweet and calm voice. “Ms. Heechul, I’m sorry for the commotion we caused but we didn’t mean to put you in this mess we created. It’s just we really care for my grandson and we can’t bear to see his hurt feelings when he found out the truth about his mother. You’re the only one who could make him happy after longing for his mother’s existence.”

“I’m sorry Mrs. Lee, I know it’s not your fault that I looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter