CHAPTER 1: MEET THEIR FAMILY

MOTHER FOR RENT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Taemin! Taemin! Taemin! Palle! Come here!” Leeteuk excitedly shouted from the living room. A 4 years old pretty boy running towards to his Grandmother.
“Grandma, what is it?” he asked panting and catching his breathe.

“You’re calling me again, Grandma” Leeteuk pouted. “Maybe I could give back your new letter at the mail box. Sad to say, it’s from your Umma.” Leeteuk turned around and about to walk outside but suddenly Taemin run to her and hug her legs, stopping her to walk. 

“Mama, I’m just joking.” Taemin already formed a tear in his eyes.

Leeteuk just rolled his eyes, how she hates when her grandson is starting to use his acting skill. She was very sure that her grandson would be a good actor in the future just like his father. She bends down to face her grandson and pinched his nose.

“You silly kid, you’re using again your acting skill. Like father like son” Then she give the letter to her grandson and he immediately read it. She happily watched her grandson who is engrossed in reading his letter. Then she caught her son standing at the stairs with unpleasant look. She already know that the reason of his son’s glare so she just mouthed to him “I’m sorry”.

“Mama! Umma said that she just arrived at China. China and Korea are just near right?” Leeteuk look at his grandson and ignoring his son’s glare.

Leeteuk nodded to his grandson and smiled.

Taemin clapped his hands. “Then I’ll tell to Umma to passed by here and visit me. Is it a good idea right, Mama?” Taemin declared happily.

Leeteuk surprised from his grandson’s declaration. She didn’t know that it would crossed at her grandson’s mind. It’s one of the nightmares she wouldn’t want to happened, Taemin asking to meet his mother.

On the other hand, Hangeng is watching his mother and his son conversation and after hearing his son’s declaration, he feels that it is already his cue to interrupt their conversation before it would lead thousand of promises that would never happened. He already had enough of this situation that he knows in the end, it only hurts his son.

“Taemin, what are you still doing here? You must taking a bath now.” Hangeng said in his serious voice.

“But Appa, I’m suggesting to Mama that –“ Taemin words was cutted because Hangeng’s firm voice.

“You’re defying me, LEE TAEMIN?” Taemin just pouted and stomped his feet while going upstairs.

“Don’t stomped your feet Taemin!” Hangeng just sighed by his son’s attitude.

When Hangeng assured that Taemin won’t hear them, he looked back to faced his mother. 

“Ma! How many times do I have to tell you to stop this?! Continuing this, Taemin will only hurt in the end. You’re just giving him false hope!” Hangeng said angrily.

“Son, I can’t bear to tell to our Taemin the truth. Especially looking at his angelic and beautiful smile when he was hearing her mother’s name.” Leeteuk pouted.

“Why, Ma? Can you also bear to answer next time when Taemin asked you again to meet his mother?” 

Leeteuk was already speechless by his son’s question. She didn’t really know how would she answered Taemin when the kid asked her again. She already know that their doings are really a wrong idea but she can’t tell the truth to her grandson. She believes that it’s too early to spill everything to her grandson and she wants him to enjoy just the small fact that he still has a mother, where in fact he already lost her since his birth. Because her mother is already...

“MA! Heenim is already dead! He already left us since Taemin’s birth!” Hangeng said with pain feeling in his heart. He just mentioned his wife’s name, his love of his life. Even though, it is already 4 years since he lost Taemin’s mother, he still can feel the pain in his heart. He really do love his wife and he blamed himself for the death of his wife. And more painful in his situation at this moment that his son still believes that his mother is still living in the world they are breathing. Now, he knows that it’s also his fault for accepting his parents’ plan to keep Taemin’s mother death from his son. At first, they don’t have an intention to do that but when Taemin turns into 1 year old, he keeps looking for his mother though they already told him that his mother is already gone. But their little Taemin doesn’t want to believe it or let’s say didn’t yet understand what they mean in the word “gone”. Taemin keep ranting his mother’s name and they reached to the point that they can’t control everything. Taemin keep crying and throwing the things that he can reached. Then Hangeng’s parents come up in an idea that can solve their problem. That idea, they pretend that Taemin’s mother is still alive and she was travelling around the world helping the sick children to cure, since Taemin’s mother is a doctor, more specific pediatrician. And only Taemin and his mother communication are only thru letter. Luckily, Taemin believe them and they didn’t expected that Taemin would be grateful enough even their communication is just a letter. His thought got distracted when he heard his father’s voice.

“You two stopped that, are you not afraid that Taemin would hear you?” Kangin was irritated. Hangeng was about to answered to his father but someone interrupt him. 

They were shocked when they noticed that Taemin is staring at them with confused look.

“Papa Kangin, what are you saying? What are you hiding from Baby Taemin?” Taemin pouted. Taemin already wearing his school uniform and thanks to his nannies. Leeteuk snapped out and run towards to her grandson before Taemin get suspicious.

“Baby Taemin, we, your Appa and Papa Kangin was discussing for your upcoming birthday.” Leeteuk smiled at him and praying that Taemin would believe her. She then relieved when she saw Taemin’s delightful face.

“Really?! You’re going to have a surprise for me?” Taemin jumped happily.

Leeteuk just nodded even though she was hesitating. Hangeng just sighed unbelievable and shook his head. There they are again, ANOTHER LIE AGAIN. Before his parents could tell another lie, Hangeng bid his goodbye to his parents together with Taemin since he insisted that he is the one who well drive for Taemin to his school. Because usually Leeteuk and Taemin’s nanny is the one with Taemin when he go to school since Leeteuk is the president of Taemin’s school that also Hangeng and Heenim school when they are still student.



AT THE HANGENG’S CAR...

Taemin just sit quietly at his father’s car. He was absurd in his thoughts.

“OMG! They are planning a surprise for my birthday. I’m pretty sure that their surprise is my Mom! She was going to showed up in my birthday! I can’t wait for my birthday! I’m gonna invite my WHOLE school in my birthday so that they could my Mom’s beautiful face!”

Hangeng noticed that his son was giggling so his curiosity strikes him. And of course, he merely see his son’s giggle.

“Taemin, is something wrong?” Hangeng asked worriedly.

“No, Appa” Taemin shakes his heads.

“Then why are smiling at?”

“Because my birthday is coming near. I’m just excited!” Taemin said happily. He use again his acting skill to hide his real reason. He promised to himself that he would keep to his father and his grandparents that he already knows their surprise for him. He will avoid everything that would mess his family’s surprise to him.

“Ok, fine. Speaking of your birthday, what do you want for your birthday party?” Hangeng asked his son but still focusing at his driving.

Taemin smiled widely after hearing his father’s question.

“Appa! I want to have the BEST BIRTHDAY PARTY EVER!” Then Taemin gesture his hands with a big circle.

Hangeng just chuckled with his son’s wish. Though he also shocked by his request. He knows that his son is not a materialistic person and also not like other kids who are very demanding to have the best among the best. So it’s a first time to him that his son demands like that. It’s not that he can’t afford it, in fact he can afford to have the most expensive birthday party for his son. 

“And also Appa, I want to invite my WHOLE SCHOOOOOOL in my birthday! And also Appa’s ELF, Appa, Mama and Papa’s friends, hmm hmm, also all people working at SME! And also working at Dada Hae’s company, is there I forgot? Hmmmm, and of course, our neighborhood! Opps? Do we have that?” Of course, they don’t have that since they are living in a mansion where no houses in their background.

“I think, that’s all, Appa. Can you do that?” 

Hangeng just chuckled at his son, Taemin already invite whole Korea. 

“Of course, for my baby Taemin.” Hangeng smiled.

“APPA! THANK YOU! I LOOOOOVEEEE YOOOUU SO MUCHHHHHH!” Taemin shouted happily.

When they arrived at Taemin’s school or his Mom’s own school, different eyes are staring at them. Hangeng was already used by this situation since he was working in the entertainment industry. 

Hangeng feel that his son’s hand unengaged from him and he found out that his son run towards a familiar kid. He approached the two kids who are already holding their hands. He was happy how these two kids very close to each other.

“Minho, where is your Daddy?” Hangeng asked the kid that his son holding hand.

The kid bowed first before answering Hangeng’s question. “Appa left already for his work.”

“Appa! I want Minho to be my for my birthday!” Taemin announced happily that makes his father to be shocked.

“Taemin, you don’t need to have an , you’re a boy.” Hangeng explained to his son.

“No, Appa!” Taemin shakes his head “I want him!” pointing at Minho.

“Ok, fine, let’s talk about it later. You’re going to be late for your class.” Hangeng hopes that his son would already drop the topic.

“I don’t want, Appa!” but Taemin is Taemin, a carbon copy of Heenim, a persistent one.

“Taemin, we need to go now.” Minho said, then he whisper something to Taemin and that make Taemin giggled.

“Appa! We’re going to class now! BYE!” Taemin waved his hand and pull Minho’s hand and run towards their classroom.

Hangeng just chuckled by his son’s attitude. He is really like his mother. He only tamed when it comes to Minho. Just like his mother, Heenim only be angel when it comes to him.




SME Building...

After his arrival, Hangeng just proceed to his office. Yes, he had own office though a celebrity should only have a dressing room for them. But he was different, he was not only a superstar celebrity but also he was the son of their entertainment company. Yes, his Dad, Kangin is the president of SME. His office is not just an ordinary office that you would imagine. It was a multitasking office, his rehearsal room is already there, his own gym, his relaxing room, his kitchen coz he loves to cook and even a kid room for Taemin.

After his arrival, he just sits ahead to his office table. The very first thing that caught his eyes is his family picture. Two photos, at the right side, him and his son, and at the left, him and his wife. But while staring at it, there is one fact that make him sad that the two photos in his office table would never combine, it would never happened that three of them would never be in one photo. How he wish that his wife is still alive, living happily with him and their son. But he was just fooling himself, he knows that it would never happened. He just knows it’s his fault in his wife death. His wife wouldn’t die if he didn’t do a critical situation just to give Hangeng’s a child. Everyon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter