Chapter 9

I'm not Her

Tablo’s POV

“Yeobo, when is Haru coming? Isn’t she supposed to be here by now?” my wife asked.

“Appa, where is unnie? I’m hungry already!” the maknae whined.

“I don’t know. She told me she’s waiting for the cab just now. Let me check with Seungri.” I excused myself and went out to give Seungri a call.

“Y-yeoboseyo?” the other side of the line spoke.

“Ah, nae. Tablo here, may I speak to Seungri?”

“Sa-sajangnim! Ah-aigoo sajangnim, Daesung here! Seungri hyung is ah… driving so he couldn’t speak at the moment,” He said.

“Is that so? I see, well I’ll call again later. Bye.” I ended the call. As soon as I looked up from my phone, I saw Haru. She was walking with two boys I didn’t know of. Why is she even walking with two guys that are younger than her? I hope that’s not her boyfriends! I’d rather choose Seunghyun than them, seriously!

“Haru! Lee Haru!” I shouted but none of them turned.

-----------------------

 

Seungri’s POV

I swing my head towards Daesung and stared at him, he was staring right back at me. I could see the fear in his eyes seeing the caller ID on my phone screen. ‘Tablo-sshi’. I eyed Daesung to help answer the phone for me. I was literally shaking in my seat that I almost hit the car infront of mine.

Daesung reluctantly answered the phone.

“Ask where he is,” I mouthed at Daesung.

After they ended the phone call, we went straight to where Tablo-sshi at. I don’t care if he is going to flip and whip or even nae nae me straight to my death bed, I’m going to tell him straight.

----------------------

As we were walking from the parking lot, both Daesung and I stopped abruptly.

“Hyung, are you seeing what I’m seeing?” he nudged me.

“C-Chae….” Before I knew it, I was running across the parking lot, thank god I wasn’t hit by any cars. I sense Daesung running behind me as well.

“CHAERIN!” I shouted.

The girl turned around with eyes as round as saucers maybe thinking it was him. She sighed in relieve when she saw me. My pace fasten as I got closer to where she was. Finally I was able to meet my real sister! Finally after 4 years I was able to hold and hug her. Finally…

“Hunchae…” I sobbed.

“Oppa, you looked hideous!” that was the first thing she said.

“You never change Hunchae!” I hugged her even tighter.

“Ehem, hyung…” Daesung cleared his throat. I was tensed on the spot. There stood Tablo-sshi, his wife and I assume his daughter beside the panting Daesung. All of them looked pretty confused.

“Haru?”

“Ahh, sajangnim…”

“This is my sister, Lee Chaerin.” I introduced Chae to them.

“How are you not my sister? You looked EXACTLY like her! This is mindblowing!”

-------------

“Wait, hold on, so where is my daughter?” Hyejung-sshi asked.

“She-she’s with the kidnapper.” Daesung said.

“Do you know who the kidnapper is?” Tablo’s second daughter, Harin asked this time.

“Yes, he’s my step brother.” Hyukkie said.

“Let’s do a police report!” Hyejung-sshi said.

“No!” Hyukkie exclaimed, gaining awkward stares from everybody, including his friends.

“I mean, we need evidence and I have an idea.” We listened to his idea. His idea was good, just need more improvements. I don’t care about how he’s going to run the idea, just as long as nobody gets hurt in the process.

---------------------- 

 

Chaerin’s POV

“Hunchae, I miss you so much! I actually thought you died, I’m sorry for not being a good oppa.” Seungri oppa said while hugging me. He kept apologising since the journey home.

“Oppa, it’s not your fault. Everything wasn’t your fault. It was his fault. I’m happy that I can finally see your handsome face oppa! I’m already thankful for that. As long as I’m not in that house I’m good oppa!” I assured him.

“Oh, Chae… please meet Jiyong hyung as soon as possible. I can’t stand seeing his gloomy face every single day. He pretends to be happy and fine with everything when deep down inside he is depressed and crumpled. He lost the meaning of life since you left.”

“But oppa, will he remember me? And-and what do I say to him when I meet him?” I asked.

“Noona, you can surprise him.” Hyukkie said. Yeah but how?

“Yeah! Or you can propose to him!” Bobby said. I chuckled in response. Me propose?

“YAH! No, I’m not going to allow Chae noona to kneel down for any guy, even if she loves him!” Hyukkie rolled his eyes, Seungri oppa agreed with Hyukkie.

“Woah, so who’s your real sibling here noona?” Bobby asked while holding up his hands in defence.

“Wait Chae, you said that you got hit by a car right?” Oppa asked.

“Nae, what about it?” I asked back.

“Do you remember who it was?”

“I remember his face, but not sure about his name. If I’m not wrong, he is Jiyong oppa’s chauffer… what’s his name again? Yong-”

“Youngbae?” A voice asked.

Everybody turned and stared at the guest that was standing near the stairs. Everybody grew silent as he stroll towards me and stared deep into my soul, squeezing all the energy I had left. Everything around me paused and a lump grew in my throat. I felt like my heart is going to explode any time soon as it continues beating faster and faster.

“You mean Youngbae hyung committed a hit-and-run?” he asked.

It hurts to gulp down the lump in my throat, making it difficult to even speak. I cleared my throat and gained the courage to speak. “Ah- No, oppa- Ah- Youngbae oppa did hit me by accident, but I heard he wanted to bring me to the hospital. Before I could register anything, I lost conscious and when I woke up I was in his basement.”

“Youngbae’s basement?”

“No, ‘his’ as in your bestfriend’s basement.”

“Wait, hold on…WOOBIN HYUNG?!” hearing that name sent chill down my spine. I nodded.

 “I was just there a few days ago…” his face went blank.

“I- I- I know oppa, I h-heard you but I couldn’t do anything. B-b-but thank god he was drunk so I escaped that very night.” I don’t know why I stuttered.

“Why didn’t you call me? HE IS SO ING DEAD I SWEAR TO GOD!” he shouted, making everyone in the room jumped.

“Hyung, relax. Now we have a problem to settle; Haru noona is with him.” Donghyuk said.

“What the-”

“He thought Haru was Chae, so he kidnapped Haru earlier today.” Seungri oppa explained.

“What is wrong with him? What did I do wrong to him?”

“He wants me.” I had no choice but to tell him the whole story.

“I’m sorry Chae. I’m sorry you have to go through all that because of me.” He sobbed.

“Hyung, we need your help for the plan. Are you willing to help?” Hyukkie asked.

He wiped his tears before saying, “Of course, I’m more than willing to do anything!”

After Hyukkie told Jiyong oppa about the plan, all of them were thoughtful enough to leave the both of us alone. It was quite awkward as the both of us didn’t know where to start, but he made the first move to ask how I was and why didn’t I try to escape because it was ridiculous as 4 years is too long.

I chuckled in response. I told him that it was never easy to easy trying to escape with a broken leg. I could tolerate the first few months as he was kind enough to let me heal my broken leg, but after that, he started tying me to the chair, bed, and he even once hang me upside down on the wall. The next two years was a living hell. Every day he would torture me in many different ways because I can’t fall for him; the worst was the . He tensed at the mention of it. I grabbed his right hand and smiled, assuring him I was okay.

“I mean even if he acts nice I still wouldn’t be able to fall for him.”

“Why is that so?”

“Because I’m already in love with someone and my heart will forever and always belongs to him, no one else.”

“I wonder who that lucky person might be…”

“Oppa!”

“Wae?” he looked at me.

I just couldn’t take it any longer, I pounce onto him and attacked his luscious lips kissing and tasting every corners of it. Oh how I miss this taste!

Tears started forming as I paused to catch my breath. Oppa pulled me closer and hugged me tight. The warmth of his touch is everything I yearned for. I don’t want anything else, I just want him to hold me like this forever.

“Promise not to leave me again.” He whispered.

“Promise, oppa! I promise not to go anywhere without you. I missed you so much, oppa!” I cried on his shoulder.

“I missed you too! It hurts so much when you’re gone.”

“I’m sorry oppa. I love you!” I kissed him again.