Chapter 7

I'm not Her

Instead of an instant reaction, I stood there rooted to the ground. I’m having a dilemma right now. Beads of perspiration was forming on my forehead and my hands already sweating, but I’m still frozen in my spot. What if he wakes up and stab me from behind? What if he caught me and then worst things will happen? Part of me is telling me to stay, scared of the consequences of being caught by him, but the other part of me is telling me to get out now. My mind is in a haywire. Even leaving this place at this perfect timing seems to be a big risk to take.

Finally, my foot is moving, bringing me towards the entrance of the house. With one last glance at the back, I decided that today is the day I leave this horrible place.

Dear Lord, please protect me! While I’m escaping. Please don’t let him catch me this time round. I want to be in the arms of my loved ones, especially Jiyong. So please, be on my side today!

I took a run outside to the main road, away from his house. My running came to a halt when I remembered I didn’t have any cash nor phones to contact anyone. I don’t have anything with me right now. How am I supposed to go back to my house now?

I squatted down thinking of what to do at this point. There is no way I’m turning my back to his house, pleading guilty of running away just because I didn’t have money with me.

Just then, I felt a hand on my shoulder and it made my jump! I braved myself to turn around. The moment I turn around, my eyes almost burst out of the sockets and I’m trembling in fear.


---------------------

“Haru-ya! Are you done?” Daesung barged into my room.

Holy mother of god! I swear I would’ve kicked him in the face if there wasn’t Seunghyun oppa in the room as well! Urgh!

“Oops! Did I disturb you guys? Sorry! I’ll just wait outside. Bye!” he said as he closed the door.

“Who’s that?” Seunghyun oppa asked.

“You don’t know him?” he shook his head. “He’s Seungri oppa’s assistant, secretary, erm, whatever you may call it. He works under Seungri oppa, just like you.”

“Ah! I see, I see. It’s because I don’t really know anyone in this company except sajangnim, Seungri-sshi and Jiyong-sshi.” He told me.

“You should make friends Seunghyun oppa!” I shook my head then wrapping things up before meeting Daesung.

“Yah! Let’s go!” I pulled Daesung towards the elevator.

When we reach the elevator, I looked at him and saw his annoyed face. “Wae?” I asked.

“Yah gizibe! You should call me oppa! I’m older than you!”

“Why should I? You’re more like an unnie than an oppa!”

“Tsk tsk tsk this gizibe! Fine just call me whatever you like okay?” He sounded really annoyed. I just shrugged it off while waiting for the elevator to come.

Finally the elevator door open! When I wanted to enter the elevator, I bumped into someone. He’s too buff that I almost fall into the pits of hell. Thank God there’s Daesung to be my pillar of strength at that moment. I looked up and apologized at him before entering the elevator. I don’t think he’ll accept my apology though as I saw his expression before the door closes. It sent chill down my spine. Brrrr, so scary!

“Unnie, who’s that guy?” I asked Daesung when we reach the carpark.

“The one who bumped into you? Wait did you just call me UNNIE???”

I just nodded and then shook my head and then nod again, answering his questions.

“I might get high blood pressure soon urgh! To answer your question, he is Jiyong hyung’s bestfriend. A very close friend I may add. Seungri is acquaintance with him as well, but he doesn’t enjoy being around that guy. Why?”

“Just asking. He’s good looking!” I tried to cover up. I may have to agree to Seungri oppa, that guy looks like he could kill anyone!

We had small and random talk in the car while driving to Seungri oppa’s house. It’s so much fun talking and getting to know Daesung a little bit more because he seems like an unnie I never had.


---------------------

Tears start rolling down my cheeks as soon as I saw his face.

“Noona, are you okay? What are you doing here at this timing?” the younger guy asked.

“D-dong-donghyukkie?” I managed to say. I hugged him and cried in his embrace.

“Noona, are you okay? Hyung’s house is nearby, do you want to go there?” he offered. He doesn’t know…

“Hyukkie, I-I don’t want to go there. It’s scary!” I broke down even more. He seemed to know catch what’s going on. He sighed before pulling me into his car.

At first I refused to enter his car, afraid he might just send me to his brother, but he assured me that he won’t do that. He’s wanted to send me home instead. I refused to that also because he could find me easily that way. Finally, we decided to go to his friend’s house. I was a little sceptical about it, but I know I don’t have a choice right now for my own good.

“Noona, you can trust me okay? I’m not like hyung and you know it very well. I’ll help you out alright?” Hyukkie said. Hyukkie doesn’t like his hyung as well. They were never on good terms since young, maybe because they have different mothers. You see, his hyung doesn’t like sharing anything with anyone including toys, food, loved ones, so when he found out his father remarried another woman, he couldn’t accept it and hated both his stepmother and the innocent Hyukkie. Hyukkie doesn’t really seemed to be bothered by his hyung, just as long as it doesn’t involve his mother.

We finally reached a small town, far away from the city. It wasn’t a fancy place nor was it a place with proper lighting or sanitation. The roads are still rocky with some potholes here and there. I stared at Hyukkie and he stared back before ushering me towards a small and dark alley deep inside the town. It gets very dark to the point where I can only rely to Hyukkie’s footsteps. I think Hyukkie sensed that I was afraid so he took out his phone and the flashlight. He should’ve done that earlier though.

“Noona, here is the place. It’s not as messy as the pathway outside okay? Plus we have bidet as well here. Come in!” he winked at me before opening the door.

I entered the house thinking it would be very small and dirty with no lighting, but no! It was fancy and modernised with such fanciful lighting. I think they combined the whole stretch of houses to make it one whole big house. I just stood there with my jaw hanging low.

“Noona, cool isn’t it?” I just nodded. “By the way, these are my family. They’re the ones helping me and umma when we were kicked out by hyung after appa passed away.” I turned around and saw six of them standing in one line, looking very awkward. I bowed and introduced myself to them. We exchanged greeting and get rid of the awkwardness instantly after that.

“You guys are too noisy! I need some sleep here!” I heard a lady’s voice from the second floor. It was Mrs Kim, Hyukkie’s mother. As soon as she saw me, she rushed down and hugged me. I hugged her back, crying my eyes out.

We sat in the living room in a big circle. I told them my story on how I was hit by a car and waking up at the basement of his house and how I was treated the whole time. Also not forgetting the time I got by him and the consequences I get when I was caught escaping. Everyone was silent until Mrs Kim spoke.

“Hyukkie, please tell Seungri that his sister is safe with us. She will be under our care until your brother is taken to the police.”

“Yes, umma!” He said.

“But I want to meet oppa!” I said, sobbing.

“Not now, dear. It’s too dangerous. Believe me okay? Now go get some rest.” She said, excusing herself.

The rest of them gave me clothes and necessities for me to wash up before going to sleep in the guest room. I was kind of disappointed that I couldn’t meet my family, but glad at the same time that I was able to leave that place and meet these people I barely even know.


---------------------

We finally reach our destination. It was a pretty huge house I must say. It wasn’t as fancy as Kwon’s house, simple yet elegant. Just like my kind of taste. I don’t know why I felt like I knew this place, like I lived here. I even knew where Seungri oppa’s room is.

“Yah gizibe! Have you been here before?” Daesung squinted his already small eyes. I rolled my eyes.

“Nope, this is my first time! Let’s go in!” I said.

Knock! Knock!

A faint ‘come in’ was heard from inside. We went in and saw Seungri oppa reading ‘Men’s Health’ magazine on his bed. He was a little taken aback when he saw me, but nonetheless greeted me with a warm smile.

I placed the basket of fruits I bought earlier on the small table near to his dresser. He doesn’t look sick to me. Maybe he’s sick internally. Who knows? He place his magazine down and got out of his bed.

“Wow, Haru’s here. Hello!” He said.

“I heard you were sick, and thought maybe I should pay you a visit.” I told him. He chuckled.

“Yah Daesung-ah! Did you bribe her to say that as well?”

“Aish!” Daesung sighed. Seungri oppa really knows Daesung very well huh… *applause*

Seungri oppa turned towards me and say “Next time he forces you to do anything just tell me! I’ll punish him!”

I just laughed at the both of them. We talked for quite a bit regarding company stuff and our clients before I went home. Daesung offered to send me home but I refused reason being that we both are heading different directions. I bid goodbye to the both of them then making my way out of the house.

When I was waiting for my cab to arrive, I felt a presence beside me. I turned around to see what or who it was but couldn’t as darkness soon covered my vision and I felt really weak to the bones.



A/N I hope this isn’t confusing hehe. Who might this mysterious guy be?? Ohohoho, peace out! Stay safe everyone <3