Chapter 6

I'm not Her

A month went by in a blink of an eye. Chaerin is still locked up in the small room. Part of her was glad that she wasn’t pregnant with his child, but the remaining part of her wasn’t. She’s not glad to be where she is right now, moreover with someone she hates the most. She gave up. The more she tried to escape, the more she gets tortured. So she decided to just live with it and ignoring his presence most of the time.

All she want to do is live a normal life. Is that too much to ask for?

Ding dong

She heard the doorbell, but she couldn’t go out to see who it was but she hope its Jiyong or Seungri to come and get out of this place. She tried her best to really press herself against the door to at least hear their conversation.

“Jiyong? W-what are you doing here?” He asked.

“Hyung, it’s been a long time since my last visit. I thought I’d give a surprise. I brought wine with me,” the guest replied.

“Sure… come inside,” he offered, as he made way for Jiyong to enter.

Yes, it is the person she misses the most. If only she could go out and jump into his arms, that’d be great. But no, she’s stuck in the small and cramped room that is soundproof. So even if she yell or knock the door, they wouldn’t be able to hear her. She slumped back against the door.

“Oppa, I miss you… Please get me out of here…” She whispered to herself.
 

------------------------

“So what brings you here? As if meeting you everyday wasn’t enough.” I am sick of your face, why would you even step foot here?

“Well you know, I miss the good ol’ times when we use to hang out with each other. It’s difficult to catch up with you sometimes,” he said.

Urgh, lame excuses. Now I have to fake a smile throughout. I need to think of something to get rid of him fast!

“Haha, okay I’ll buy that. It’s true, we only see each other, but not talk to each other. By the way how’s our little Chaerin?” I asked.

Why look at that! How does it feel? Sharp isn’t it?

“Uhh, I haven’t been in contact with Chaerin as of lately… But hey! Why didn’t you ask about me?” Nice curve Jiyong… Such smooth escape, tsk.

“You’re like in front of me right now. I don’t need to know about your well-being, do I?” More like I don’t care about you, at all. You could die for all I care, Jiyong.

“Ouch, the reality is harsh!” If only you knew…

“Are you up for dinner as well? I could whip up something for the both of us.” I offered.

“Hyung, we both know… you’re not a great cook. No thank you, I’m all good. Let’s just talk over a few glasses of wine shall we?” He said.

“Alright then, let’s go.” I said, walking over to the mini bar in my living room.

------------------------


“Hello Chaerin! How’s your day in the dark? Oh by the way, your favourite oppa just left! And he doesn’t have a single clue that you’re here! WITH ME!” He entered holding a glass of wine.

I could see and smell that he’s drunk. Really drunk. Completely wasted. How much did he drink anyway?

He suddenly dropped his wine glass that shattered into millions of pieces. Soon after, he followed suit falling onto the hard floor.

----------------------------


“Hello Jiyong-sshi! May I sit with you?” I looked up and saw Haru standing with a tray filled with food. She looked nervous. And so am I.

 

“S-s-sure… why… not…” I stuttered.

“Do you still see me as your lover?” She asked. Her question made my heart skipped a beat. Why do I get this weird feeling?

“What? Umm, at times, yes. Especially n-now. Because Chaerin always… take out the carrots… and peas from her from her fried rice, a-a-also she often wipe all the utensils before digging in… j-just like what you did earlier.” I fumbled with my speech.

“There is something called hygiene Mr. Kwon.” She rolled her eyes. Exact same gesture.

“Exact same words she told me.” I told her.

“It’s still freaking me out how this Chaerin girl I barely even know and I have a lot in common. I mean we’re practically the same person.” She sighed. Yes, and you’re making me nervous right now. What if I accidentally kiss you? What if I accidentally hug you? What if… Aish!

“You don’t know how crazy it was when I first saw you.”

“Hello~ I could tell. You put up a huge drama and I thought I was being pranked or something?? I was only going for a job interview not some soap opera!” I chuckled, remembering the first time she sat in my living room.

“But, why maid though? Why not other job scope using your artistic talent?”

“That was the only decent job that gives a high pay! I mean come on, $4000 per day to clean your house?? Why not??” She exclaimed. Much enthusiasm *applause*

“Didn’t you came from a rich family? Why do you need money for? You could just ask your dad right?” I asked. Curious you know, because I did it myself too. Ask for money whenever in need.

“Mr. Kwon, why the hell would I study so hard for? Yes sure I came from a rich family, but that’s my appa’s hard earned money, not mine. I want to be independent and have my own career and be successful like appa one day.”

“You have the same mindset as Chaerin. It’s creeping me out, but I like it at the same time. Alright, I’m done with my lunch. See you around Miss Lee.” I got up to put away the tray.

“You too Mr. Kwon. Oh! I hope she’ll return soon! I’ll keep her in my prayers! See you!” She smiled. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling seeing that smile.

“Thank you so much!”
----------------------------


“Haru-ya! Lee Haru! Do you remember me?” A voice chimed from behind. I turned around to see a very dorky looking guy. What is his name again?

“M-m-mr… Dae-“

“That’s right! Daesung! Kang Daesung! You do remember me~” he cut me off mid-sentence.

“Not really though…” I whispered to myself. “Where is Mr Panda? I didn’t see him around?” I asked, changing the topic.

“He called in sick. I really pity him.”

“Wae?”

“Are you…” he paused, while giving me this weird smile. “Concerned or curious?”

I rolled my eyes. “Both!” I said.

“Aigoo this gizibe… So a few weeks back was his beloved sister’s birthday, but she is still missing. For some weird reason or so, Seungri went into her room to clean things up. Why would he even do that? Who would even enter that empty room, right? Okay so, he found her old diary from behind her wardrobe- Like what the hell? How did he even find something behind the wardrobe? It’s so absurd! Doesn’t he have better things to do-”

This guy- I hit his head with my spoon, “Stop straying away from the story!”

He rubbed his head a few times before continuing. “Mianhe… To summarise the story, he read her diary and found out some sad things that made him depressed and so he lost his appetite for a few days and he passed out last night!”

“What?”

“I know right! I’ll visit him later. Do you want to accompany me?”

“Should I? What if he slams me on the floor? Or kill me? What if I make him even more upset with my presence?”

“Gizibe-ah! He doesn’t practice violence on females! I’ll wait for you outside your office after work. Okay, bye!” he waved goodbye before walking away.

I guess there’s nothing wrong in visiting a sick friend right? Wait Mr Panda is not my friend. Umm, what is he? Oh, er, my boss? Yeah, there’s completely nothing wrong in visiting your sick boss who is under depression. What have you got yourself into Haru-ya? It’s only your first month honey… It’s okay, you’re strong, you can handle things. Fighthing!!!


A/N I hope you like this chapter! Til the next one! Stay healthy okie? Much Love <3