Chapter 1

I'm not Her

“Hey Ji what br- HUNCHAE!” Once again this ‘Hunchae’ thingy came about and once again I’m being hugged by a random guy! Not like I’m complaining cause both of them looks cute BUT STILL, they’re strangers to me!

“Baby Hunchae you’re still alive! Praise the Lord! Thank you Lord for bringing her back! You don’t know how much I’ve missed you Chae! Please don’t leave us anymore. You’re my one and only sibling I had left after hyung left. Oh God…” The guy with dramatic panda eyes sobbed.

“Okay there, slow down. I’m sorry for your loss but, since when am I your sibling? Why are you treating me like I’m back from the dead?” I pry myself off from his grasp.

Both guys stood there in silence as if I said something taboo. Awkward much??? So many things are running inside my head like ‘is this the perfect time to jump out of the window’ or ‘is there a rewind button so I could shut up at the right time’.
“Erherm… I’m sorry I shall take my leave now.” Before I could even turn around I felt so many people surrounding me and hugging me ever so tightly. This time though, they’re girls. Not one, not two but THREE! Things like ‘You’re not dead’ ‘I miss you so much’ ‘Don’t leave us anymore’ kept repeating from their mouth like a mantra or something. I’m dead confused. What is happening? Do I know them? Is this a prank?

“What is going on? I’m Haru! Lee Haru!” I said, half shouting half air. They slowly release me and stood in front of me, staring in shock.

I look at all of them in the room. They have this unreadable expression that I can’t decipher. Maybe sadness, happiness, or even constipation? Is this how masterpieces in museums feel like when being stared at? Still waiting patiently for someone to break the silence because its killing me internally and me breaking down in cold sweats isn’t helping right now.

The silent broke when the guy who brought me here spoke, FINALLY! “Are you sure you’re not Chae?”

I facepalmed myself mentally, here we go again. “Uh yeah? Okay everyone please take a seat. Let me introduce myself. I’m Haru. Lee Haru. 24 years old. Just graduated from London College of Fashion. My parents are Lee Seonwoong and Kang Hyejung. And I have a younger sister name Lee Harin. I am single but I’m not sure if I’m ready to mingle yet. Erm, what else? Oh I love cats and fashion and music and makeups and… and I still have yet to know what Hunchae means plus I am very confused right now. Any other questions?” Everyone was looking at me or should I say looking through me, not uttering a single thing. I don’t even know if they’re breathing or not especially Mr. Panda. He’s so stiff in his seat.

“I guess she’s not Chae then.” Says the girl with really long everything. Long hair, long nails, even her legs are long. And milky white. Her voice sounded really broken and torn.

I cleared my throat again before asking who is Chae or Hunchae whatever it is and some explanation as well.

Mr. Panda then spoke, “She is my sister. She went missing for the past 4 years and we don’t know whether she’s dead or alive. I mean we all hope and believe she is still alive and living well somewhere. We’re tried our best working with the best detective to find her or at least something that can lead us to her but there’s nothing and the police wanted to stop the investigation soon and file her dead. That’s when our hopes went down the drain but when we saw you today we went crazy and thought you were Chae… because she looks exactly just like you.” The last part was a whisper, almost. He then walk over to what I assume is his desk and took out something from one of the bottom drawers. It was a big photo album, sketchbooks and some photo frames. He handed to me all of it and the first picture took me by surprise. Her eyes, nose, lips and even the small mole on the right side of the bottom lips. Weird, it’s as if I’m looking at myself in the mirror. The only difference is her hair is black while mine is blonde.

I sat cross-legged with the all the things lying on the floor. I take a look at the photo album and true enough there are more photos similar to me. Even as a child we look the same. Are we twins separated at birth? Am I her clone or is she my clone? Am I the evil one or the good one then? Hmm, I must be the good one. Urgh stop blabbering, stupid! This is crazy!

“She’s the same age as you and both of you like the same things. Fashion, music and even cats. Just take a look at the sketchbooks.” Another girl with short red hair said while wiping her tear-stained cheeks.

I flipped the first sketchbook and it felt like déjà vu. I felt a connection with this Chae girl as I continue looking and flipping through the book. What is she? Her fashion sketches and drawings of cats and random object left me in awe. Some even are similar to mine. It also made me wonder if there’s a secret behind my birth or some sort.



A/N You like?? HAHA I'll try to update regularly and aim to complete this story. Huhu ^.^