Whatcha Say?

The Cliff Anonymous (An Author's Mean Confession)

Whatcha Say?

 

This time, it won't be about ridiculous readers, but ridiculous authors that stupid readers worship like Lady Gaga or something.

So I saw this one author's account. She has many subscribers, and writes long-chaptered fiction most of the times. 

I was browsing through one of her stories when I read her author's note. 

It says that she's thankful blah blah blah that the story received much love even if it has only been a few days since she posted it. (If it's a sequel or a stand alone story, you guess).

So the thing is, I came to know of her existence in AFF after I saw one of her stories in the ads. She has advertised maybe a couple or more than a couple of times. (I just can't help it, but I'll be blunt - you greedy witch. Your storie"s" already have thousand"s" of subscribers, but it seems to me like you want to have more for that new story, especially that the story is related to your recent one with soooo many subscribers (oops, I slipped). How about we give that ad spot to the authors who haven't advertised even just a single story? Because that ad spot is not only about advertising your story, it's also about promoting the existence of you as the author, like if you have advertised one story and the readers like it, they will probably browse through your other stories, and you start building a fanbase of readers, so you don't have to advertise the second time even if for your another different story. I as an author advertised once, and that's it, and that one day that I'm able to promote myself is followed by an in-flow of readers and I built myself a fanbase of thousand"s" of readers. I don't need to advertise the second time for another story.)

What irks me is she's glad that she receives much love because of how people see her writing as good. (I browsed through the work, and I'm gonna say it's pretty much generic and average for that genre. Nothing special.). She emphasizes how her "writing" made her into a popular, "well-loved" author that she is today.

But, I'm gonna tell you something, you greedy witch ----> you came to receive "much love" and readers because you advertised, not because of your writing. (I'm not gonna say that I'm a good writer myself. I'll be completely honest that I have readers because I advertised.)

To that author: How about we give that advertisement spot to writers here who are actually good and talented, and let's see if they'll still read your story? By that, they will know that your work is crappier than the actually good ones? You also seem to omit the fact that you advertised to get readers, and emphasize more on "how good your writings is" so you got many readers. Witch, please. And it's because of this that affects other readers to think that your story is pretty good since it has soooooo many subscribers. (And this is when stupidity of readers comes in ----->  they base how good a story is on the number of subscribers and upvotes.)

Aside from this, she criticizes other stories too much although she has been pretty relatively new in AFF, and she started doing so after story/ies of her got featured. Like, Did your featured story give you the right to criticize other stories? Like, does it prove that you're that good to diss on other stories? You're an expert now just because you have thousands of readers? Let me tell you something --- people read your stories because of the famous characters you put in it, you have fluff in it, you have firing metals and because, again, you advertised it). I know that it doesn't give you the right...........because I'm sure you ain't no literature major at the very least. I know that your alleged "know-how" in writing is merely based on reading about it in the internet. Because even the literature majors I know don't even criticize stories like that unless they're asked to.

"Thanks for the love though my writing is not that good..".*continues reading and reaches the end of her speech of gratitude*.

Me: uhhhh, whatcha say, witch? I think you omitted the part that you advertised so you got many readers, like, didn't you advertise yourself for so many times? Like, it has only been a few days but you got so many readers because you advertised (the second time).

 

Greedy witch.

 

PS. So apparently this author strikes again, emphasizing how good her story was that it got featured within a short span  of time, and she reckons, only "worthy" stories should be featured. Like witch please, ain't nobody listening to your rants.

 

And like I say ---> you got featured because you advertised.