Parent Trap

The Cliff Anonymous (An Author's Mean Confession)

Parent Trap

 

 

Right now, Imma talk about authors who have no shame.

 

I remember having watched the movie Parent Trap where Lindsay Lohan starred as these two twins separated at birth by their parents, so when they met at one camp, they were surprised of how they awfully resembled one another.

 

This resemblance story is a cliche plotline, but I'll say that taking references from other author's stories is just not cool.

 

So I've been observing these two authors in this site for about a year now. They both happen to write about a kpop male bias that I enjoy reading about.

 

Let's just name them for the sake of anonymity, Author A and Author B.

 

I can still remember Author B commenting in Author A's story, Fic M. I noticed her comment because it was very different from the normal readers'. She sounds smart and Author B knew what aspects to criticize constructively in Author A's fic. So I guessed she's also an author and my guess happened to be right after visiting her profile.

 

After Author A finished Fic M, she created another story which we'll call Story X.

 

Author B might have gotten a lot of feels from Fic M that she even spazzed about it in her online social network Tw, probably because the rival male is her bias. I also follow her.

 

She may have also liked this new Story X that she included it in her recommendation site Tb.

 

The thing is, Story X also features the same male lead that Author A used in her Fic M. In Story X, the male lead takes a manlier form. There was some hype among the male-lead supporters for Author A's Story X. Author B may have noticed it so she created a new fic, Story Y, starring the same male lead, by transforming and re-creating a new plot for a dormant fic of hers. 

 

I am a supporter of this male lead so I hunt fics of him, and I found both Story X and Story Y, which I happily unearthened by visiting both authors' profiles because both write really well.

 

But then I noticed how the characterizations of this male lead in Story X and Story Y are suspiciously the same. Similar characterizations would not be easily pointed out as a ground for plagiarism since they define plagiarism as a word-per-word copying of a work.

 

But this is not a matter of plagiarism as I have no clear proof. This is a matter of conscience and shame for now.

 

What makes the similarity noticeable was the fact that fics about this male lead are rarely written, and if there were any, he would be characterized in a certain stereotypical way. Author A managed to reform this certain stereotype in her Fic M, and made him a 360-deg manlier all the way in the new fic, Story X.

 

To my surprise, Author B decided to take the same route as well.

 

Other readers may not notice the similarities because of these two author's different writing styles, but I was able to notice the similarities to the theme. A's Story X presented a certain route in which it could possibly head to with a certain theme.

 

Surprisingly, B's Story Y suspiciously presented the same route with the same theme.

 

It was just a shame that Author B updates faster than A to the point that B's Story Y is already completed, compared to A's Story X.

 

Author B might have predicted Author A's story plot, so she updated quicker than Author A, to call dibs on that kind of plot, setting and characterization. The thing about Author A's plot was, it was never predictable...so I'm assuming Author B mispredicted the plot and her story just kind of went all over the place.

 

Hence, the result of Author B's fic was kind of messy. There were plot twists and secrets dropped here and there in every update, that it looks forced and incohesive, as if the twists are just there to make the story "interesting". Which did the opposite to me. I just got confused and annoyed the more twists are revealed, that they don't even connect with each other or the previous ones. Like what the hell are you trying to tell us with this fic, witch? It's just a bunch of men and women, brothers and sisters, killing and psychotic crap all xxxing and emo-ing up with no moral value.

 

I'm just glad that Author A updates slower because if she completed the whole Story X while Story Y is in progress, Author B might have referred to A's work all the way. & I'd have to say that Author A's story turned out way better than I thought, and everything just falls into place everytime the secrets are revealed. Besides, I prefer Story X better than Story Y ----> they both made the male lead super alpha in their stories but Author B just had to make him part-time bi-ual fu-fu-ing another guy (now you know why I said her plot is just weird and incohesive, like where did that come from, witch?).

 

While the original story of Author A barely gets read because she uses weird tags in her story, there Story Y was, enjoying its glorious spot because of its weird twists and part- thing while its author spazzes about it 24/7.

 

I'm not hoping for karma to you, witch. Because I know it will just come.

 

I know I'm not suppose to be be annoyed at B. But I really had it when I commented in her story one time. I asked her where did the inspiration for Story Y come from. She said the inspiration just came to her, blah, blah, blah, Barbie like a plastic, witch please. And then I mentioned whether she has ever read Story X, because the male lead's character is awfully the same to that and that the theme is the same.

 

Her response: I haven't seen it yet.

 

Me in my mind: You haven't seen it yet? I think you flooded our TLine spazzing over it for its first ten chapters. You even recommended it in your blog. Really? Haven't seen it yet, witch?

 

In my mind part 2: You know I might have forgiven the fact that you may just have the same characterization and theme by coincidence, but I really lost my respect for you because you lied over something like that. The fact that you even denied it makes it more suspicious because that's how cheaters do it. I really feel bad for Author A. She doesn't know people are making appendices out of her stories. If only she used more popular tags, maybe she will get attention for her story.

 

Apparently, Author B created another fic that used Author A's tagline in Story X as her title for that fic. Let's call it Story Z. I opened STory Z, read it, and surprisingly, it's the same concept as that of Story X again with the same scenario as Story X. (me: Does this author really have shame?)

 

So to prank around her a bit, I predicted the plot in the comments section (to see if it's the same as Story X). She said it's nothing like that. Then I mentioned Story X for the second time; I thought she recovered from her amnesia, but to my surprise, she denied ever encountering the story.

 

Then after a few days..........she deleted the story. even before she could post the first chapter. or I might have told the story in the comments section already so she saved herself from some effort. I really want to see how it will turn out though.........or not. Maybe, I've read it already in Story X.

 

You don't deserve all that recognition, copy-cat. You're copying from harmless, small-time authors who's doing nothing to you.

 

Like witch, you aint got no shame.

 

Karma may not come to you but I hope you choke in your own bile, witch.