May the bridges I burn light your way

Reccomendations For YOU That YOU Should Read

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were born enemies, destined to one day fight to death, but things aren't always so simple. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In front of the crowd, perched on his balcony, the King’s eyes were scrutinizing his kingdom, a bottomless pit of peacefulness discernable in his orbs.

There were thousands of little fire lights twinkling on the streets greeting him as they should, never vanishing. But amongst them all a light definitely stood out to him. He could recognize it even eyes closed –by the fluttering feeling that would grow in his chest whenever he'd feel its presence. Warm embrace of a lover that once belonged to him –but left too soon.

However, as he watched over the thousands and thousands lights that kept shining day long, night long, and as all those fireflies-like dancing flames were reflected in the deep charcoal of those eyes, they also revealed the most gruesome kind of feeling known to mankind.

Loneliness.

Because the king, no matter how powerful and courted he was, was lonely.

Because even his royal status didn't deprive him from his human situation.

He was lonely, and even though those thousands lights were there to remind him that he wasn't alone, he wasn't there by his side anymore. Or at least, he couldn’t be grasped. That warm embrace was there, by his side, teasing him sometimes, soothing him most of the times. But it was never enough.

So from his balcony, the King, like every night, watched the little sparkles which reminded him that even if he was the most powerful, he had been weak enough once upon a time to lose what mattered the most.

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1183955/may-the-bridges-i-burn-light-your-way-romance--baekyeol-chanbaek-gladiatorau