Can You See Me? 

Reccomendations For YOU That YOU Should Read

"Can you see me?"

For the first time, I can see...I can see everything...

There are some things we wish we didn't have to see. Sometimes we wish we could delete memeories...sometimes, innocence is bliss.

 

I blinked my eyes over and over, staring up into the blinding white light in my attempt to focus my brain. Everything was fuzzy, but nonetheless there were colors there...colors. 

There were colors that were warm and soft, colors I wanted to reach out and touch with my taped hand. Some colors were cold and hard looking, and the harsh angles were suddenly so prominent I worried they were coming right at my face. I blinked rapidly four more times and twisted my head, suddenly enthralled by all the sights laid out before me.

Everything was clear now. 

"Oh my god," I whispered, wiping my cheeks as tears trickled from my eyes. "I...I can see you, umma..."

My mother...her face was full of smile lines and warm, relaxed colors. I could see the tiny hairs on her face and the different textures of her skin. I reached out and her cheek with one trembling hand - it was still the same face, my mother's loving face that had smiled at me for sixteen hard years. She beamed a smile that was so much brighter, wider, and more beautiful than he had imagined those shadows really looked like.

"Oh, Jungkookie..."

And I leaned forward into her embrace, sobbing with relief as colors danced all around me.

 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/888407