#8

11:11

TOKI

16 Nov

Today, she wasn't there.

Lizzie wasn't there.

I was so surprised by her absence; she rarely, if ever, missed a single one of his basketball trainings. I decided not to brood over it and took out my book to read. My book, ironically, was titled Lizzie's Secrets, and was about a woman trying to hide her gruesome past by putting on a fake front of elegance. I read for the whole three hours, occasionally stopping to talk to Kibum when they had water breaks.

As the clock struck ten forty five, the ear-piercing sound of the whistle bounced off the indoor courts' walls, and the guys jogged towards the locker room, glad that their coach had given them an early release. Kibum winked at me as he jogged past the sidelines and I smiled at him.

Five minutes to eleven and the guys started to tumble out of the locker room, and as usual, I bade all of them goodbye. Kibum was always the last to come out, I guess he didn't want the others with him when he kissed me. I waited patiently outside, but when another ten minutes passed and he still didn't come out, I began to grow worried.

Scouring the area, nobody else seemed to be around, so I hurriedly ducked into the locker room. It was huge, and the lockers were all the way to the back of the room. As I moved towards the rows of red, I heard shouting and screaming.

"Kibum?" I called out anxiously.

More shouting and screaming.

I dropped my bag onto the floor as I ran for the lockers, heart hammering in my chest.

And then I saw Kibum.

He was grappling with another figure, each throwing the other around. The fellow held a glinting object in his hand, and swear words were flying out of his mouth. He was holding a knife! A knife! My mind blanked and I could only stand there, shell shocked and open mouthed. Kibum was shouting for me to get out but I couldn't move, my legs were leaden and heavy and refused to budge an inch. The fellow shouted at Kibum all the time they were in a brawl, and I caught the distinct line of, "Lizzie died because of you!"

Lizzie? Dead?

My mind was still trying to process this new piece of information when I heard a sharper, newer yell. The fellow had managed to pin Kibum to the lockers and had his knife high in the air, ready to plunge it straight into Kibum's chest. My eyes grew wide as all the tiny fragments of sense suddenly reassembled themselves together in my head.

And then I ran straight for him.

I dived in between them, trying to raise the guy's hand away, but he was too strong and the knife came barelling down. I watched, shocked, as Kibum left my line of sight and blood started to spurt all over the floor. I gave a strangled cry, feeling a horrible pain at my chest.

Kibum, no!

I could see his shocked face, all his features contorted and his hands outstretched towards me. His eyes were silent mirrors of fear, all round and dark and scary. But I felt his warm arms catch my body, and then heard his voice screaming my name.

And that was when I realised that it wasn't him who had gotten stabbed.

It was me.

I screamed then, but the pain was excruciating and I felt like I was going under a deep, dark abyss, and so my eyes started to close, the last image the blurry image of the digital clock.

11:11

KIBUM

Toki.

My Toki.

Stay with me.

That was all I could think of as I rushed to the hospital with Toki on my back. I couldn't wait for an ambulance, it would have taken too long and my Toki would have left me by then. I ran like the wind along pavements and trees, ignoring the throngs of screaming people who parted for me like the Red Sea. Reaching the spotless, white building, I tumbled into its hallway and yelled, "Somebody help!"

Instantly I felt arms grasping at Toki and her weight lifting from my shoulders. I stared wildly at her. Her eyes were closed, and her whole figure was limp already. Her shirt was drenched in blood. I ran after the nurses and doctors as they put her onto a stretcher and wheeled her into the operating room.

Toki.

My Toki.

Stay with me.

The double doors of the operating theatre swung open and close as Toki was rushed inside, leaving me wildly clawing at the door with nurses trying to restraint me. I always saw these kind of scenes on television, but it was only now that I could understand the excessive need to be in there with her, instead of being stuck out here with potted plants and plastic chairs. I lunged out at the nurses, again and again, until at long last I was sobbing as I slumped into a useless heap on the ground.

Toki.

My Toki.

Stay with me.

It is the worst thing ever when you are asked to fill in forms of the one who is currently fighting for her life, the one you love, as though everything is so normal. I mean, filling in forms? My hands shook as I filled in her particulars, and within minutes the hospital had called for her parents to come in. They were, as expected, frantic, with her mum wild with anxiety and her dad a stronger pillar. They threw endless questions at me, and let me tell you, recounting the story to them was the most painful thing I could have ever done. We paced the hallways together, and I could only think of one image - Toki's face, my beautiful, beautiful girl.

Toki.

My Toki.

Stay with me.

=======================================================================================================================

A/N : A much longer update this time yah? 8D It feels good to be back updating on my c o m p u t e r. Seriously, using my mobile can be pure torture :O Anyway, enjoy this everyone, I love you all! Merry Christmas! [ although it's still rather early ] XD

Comment Replies :

I can't really reply to all your comments because I would be saying almost the same thing for each one HAHAHAHHA 8D

Everyone's asking whether Leeteuk will really carry out his revenge and how he's getting scarier every minute XD

Shoooo, you guys now know how it turned out! <3 I LOVE ALL OF YOU <3

Just a quick reply to xjyjlovex :

Thank you so much, you are so much more amazing yourself! <3 I hope you enjoy my stories (: