#3

11:11

TOKI

13 Nov

"Happy birthday!" I said, smiling as I opened my door to find Kibum standing outside. He grinned and thanked me, then held my hand and pulled me into the road. We walked together to school in comfortable silence. Lizzie was at the school gates too, and I sensed she wanted to wish Kibum a happy birthday, so I bent down to tie my shoelaces to make Kibum stop.

Sure enough, Lizzie stepped forward, whispered happy birthday, and then scuttled off like a meek mouse. Kibum stared after her, surprised, and I smiled to myself.

I was astounded to see a whole bag full of presents for Kibum when we reached class, and according to Jonghyun, the basketball guys had opened up a present booth for Kibum where everybody who wanted to give him a present could put it in an arranged sack. I peered into the brown bag, wondering if Lizzie's present was inside too.

After class, Kibum had training as usual, so I watched from the sidelines. Lizzie was a few benches away from me, hands neatly folded together, legs crossed one over the other and back ram-rod straight. She looked so prettily poised, like a princess straight out of a fairytale. She paid no heed to me, concerned only about her prince charming.

She stayed there the entire four hours, and only when Kibum entered the locker room did she stand up and walk down the stairs of the spectator seats. Just as her foot left the last step, she looked up at me. Startled, I turned my head away, and only when I heard her receeding footsteps did I relax. But in that split second of eye contact, I had seen a new expression in her eyes - gratefulness. 

~

Kibum wanted to go to class first to collect his presents, so I went with him. He plonked himself on his chair as he emptied out the sack's contents. He sifted through his various presents, occasionally exclaiming at the ones which he really liked. There were basketball jerseys, wristbands, headphones, badges; all the guy stuff that he delighted in.

"Hey Toki, look at this!" Kibum said, opening up a plain, brown box with a blue ribbon on top. Inside were five cupcakes, each one with an alphabet so they all spelt his name. The cupcakes were beautiful; chocolate based with white frosting and rainbow sprinkles. The alphabets had been carefully iced on with blue cream and then hardened to form a glossy surface.

My mind immediately shifted to Lizzie.

Had she made them?

Kibum bit into one of the treats, and then made a surprised face.

"It's really good," he said, and then handed one to me and asked, "have one?"

Curious about the taste, I accepted the cupcake, and then sank my teeth into it. It was good, all crumbly on the outside and moist in the inside. There were marshmallows and chocolate chips hidden inside too, so it was a gooey treat once you reached the center. We grinned at each other through our mouthfuls of cupcake, and I laughed as I saw Kibum's crumb covered face, spitting out a few crumbs myself in the process.

"Toki!" he yelled, brushing my crumbs from his arm.

"Sorry!" I said, swalloing, but then laughed again at his face.

"I'm going to get you!" he declared, lunging for me and successfully tackling me to the ground. I squealed as he attacked me with vicious tickles, rolling helplessly on the ground and yelling for him to stop. He finally did and pulled me up to sit. I puffed and panted, and then lovingly brushed away the remaining crumbs that still littered his mouth.

He suddenly caught hold of my hand and crawled closer to me. Using one hand to close my eyelids, he leaned forward, and then very slowly kissed me on the lips. The sweet taste of his kiss made me crumble to pieces, and I kissed him back, my hands framing the shape of his face. His arms were secure around my waist, and by the time our lips parted we were both gasping for breath.

"Happy birthday Kibum," I whispered, and he leant forward for our lips to meet again and spark magic.

Outside, a shadow moved.

=========================================================================================================================

 

A/N : The third chapter! Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments, honestly. Every one of them makes me smile (: I love all of you, stay happy! <3

Comment Replies :

Julia2345 -- Thank you dearie! <3

lee_xuan -- I know ><

airhead98 -- Yeah, maybe. :3 Awwww, I'm so glad you like the name Toki! When I first saw the name I was like, Toki is going to be my next girl HAHAHAHA. <3 Thank you so much lovely! <3

rockerchickz -- Yep, she definitely is! You will get drama :D

shineeloveroverload -- HAHAHHAHA :D

domoluvs -- Awww, you'd make a great boyfriend/girlfriend HAHAHAHA. I agree with you about Lizzie!

geec_ll -- YOUHAVEZOMG?! That must be really crazy. o.o Glad you did! <3

CassiopeiaLove -- ILOVEYOUUNNIEEEE! <3333333

jjongisluv -- Cute eh? :3 I KNOOOOOW. ><

kwin_shine143 -- I suppose they are! She might, or might not! Stay tuned! (:

Skylene -- I like your analysis of her, it was so fun & interesting to read! YES JONGKEYLOOOOOVEEE. <33333 Thank so much for your support sweetie! (:

NinjaLunara123 -- I love Kibum alot too. <3 YES SHE IS AND YES HE IS HAHHAHAHAH! Awwww, that must have been adorable. <3 Thank you love! (:

nguyenamyblob -- Awww, thank you so much! 

onkeyjongmintae -- HMMMM I HAVE NO IDEA LOOOOOL. XD

Sammery -- Love you so much michelle, you always inspire me! <3

deathbychocolat -- I know right! >< You noticed that HAHAHAH! <3 Thank you so much darl <3

shiro_cat -- I'm so glad you do! (:

xemmiree -- Glad you did and awwwwwwwww. Hoped you liked this one! ((((:

b2utyvipgirlfriend -- Nope, it's not (: This is actually the last chapter with Toki telling the story (: Conflicting feelings HAHAHAHA! Here's the update! (:

Ice_girl -- HAHHAHA, thank you, & I still hope you enjoy it! <3

mooeysmiley -- So glad you do! ^^

Smalltowngirl98 -- Yes, she is! (; Here's an update :D 

Julley -- I looooove your comment so much dongsaeng! <3 I can never read that, I would freak myself out >< But I'm really glad you're enjoying my story, love you so much dongsaeng! <33333

Awake-In-The-Night -- Thank you dearest! <3 Cute? Good! :D

fattyice2 -- I can promise you that will not happen! (rare, because I don't usually leak out anything but yeah ><) Thank you so much sweetie, <3333333

mickey_mouse -- Awwwww, thank you so much! <3 I looove yoooh. XD Ouuuch. ):

NumberOneShawol -- I know ><