Prom

The New Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I realized that I had still been wearing Hansol's black sweater when I woke up. Darn, I had forgotten to give it back to him. Smelling it, I recognized his faint cologne and smiled, reminded of his presence. I brushed my hair and pulled the sweater on, while quickly gathering my school supplies for the upcoming day.

What was the derivative of x^3+4x^2-17 again? I itched my head, trying to remember what I had learned from my teacher's lecture last week. Wait, what was integration again? Wasn't it basically the opposite of derivation? I knew how to integrate so I figured the opposite method for derivation. The answer was 3x^2+8x. Finally, I finished my test. I turned it in and sat back at my desk, putting my head down. It had been a fairly normal day, but I was still conflicted about something. If Johnny had asked me to prom, did it mean that I still had to go with him? I wondered if he had bought our tickets already. He could always just ask anyone else. I shrugged and closed my eyes, he would probably go to prom with Jess anyways. My phone vibrated and warily looking at the teacher, I stealthily checked it. It was a text from Johnny.

Johnny: Do you still want to go to prom with me?

Mari: Don't you want to go with anyone else?

Johnny: No

Mari: You should find someone else

Johnny: I can't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter