Wedding Day

The New Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My heart beat rapidly as I clutched the white silk. The voices of people swept past me and I tried to relax. Cool air swept over me, chilling the little droplets of sweat that began to appear. 

"Mari," a familiar voice called my name. 

I opened my eyes, my lids feeling heavy with the extreme amount of eye make-up I was wearing. 

"Dad!" I stood up and carefully walked towards my father, trying to avoid teetering in my heels.

"It's time for us to go." The face that I had known my entire life crinkled in a sad smile. "It's time for me to give my lovely daughter away." He held out his arm. 

"Dad..." I took his arm and kissed his cheek. "I love you."

We walked out from behind the door and down the aisle.

I was aware of my large, white, strapless, silk dress. It felt smooth around my body and was fitted to show my curves. Shiny white beads decorated the gown in an intricate pattern and my lace veil hung over my dark hair that had been twisted into a beautiful hair-do. The roses I held were tied with a white silk ribbon and my nails were painted with a glossy white. 

The audience watched in wonder as I walked down the aisle and I clutched my father's arm as I approached him.

When I had walked out from the doors, the first thing that caught my eyes was him. He was dressed in a sleek black tuxedo, very form fitting. His hair was neatly brushed to the side, revealing his beautiful face. After I had walked down t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter