Hansol (2)

The New Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How was it because of me?" he asked, shocked. "You and I have never been affiliated with each other. What did I do?"

"You!" I groaned angrily out of frustration. How could he not understand?! "Never mind! Forget it!" I tore away, running towards the bathroom. 

I almost screamed when I saw my own reflection. Black streaks of makeup had dried on my face, shadowing my eyes. The places where I had wiped my tears were all smudged and messy. I hurriedly washed my face with the water, furiously scrubbing at the dried makeup. My face, pink and raw, looked less like a monster's. 

Back in the classroom, I silently sat in my desk by the window, peering out. Everything seemed so much clearer now and I felt less burdened. Of course, a slither of guilt remained in my heart for Johnny. He was silent for the entire day and had dark shadows under his eyes. His hair was still rumpled from this morning. Forget about him! Forget about Johnny! The rest of the day, I forced my mind to forget about Johnny, staring outside at the green scenery. 

The bell rang, signaling the end of school. I heard the clacking of high heels on wooden floors and immediately knew whose feet were running, Jess.

"Johnny!" She exclaimed, flinging herself onto him. "How are you feeling? Do you want me to go beat up that awful girl for you? She deserves it, considering what she did to you."

Johnny was silent. Jess looked up at me and smiled, walking towards me. 

"Jess." She whirled around, surprised to feel a strong grip on her arm. "Stop." It was Johnny. "Stop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter