My Life Is Ruined

The New Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What?!" I stared at my parents desperately, hoping that they would understand the pleading in my eyes. 

"I told you she would be like this." My mom looked at my father and continued to eat her ribs.

"H-how? Why? I just got my ranking and I was starting to enjoy school and now I have to leave?!" I felt tears coming into my eyes. 

"Mari, think about it. It's not like we've done this once or twice. And you'll do fine at school, you'll probably still be the smartest one. We're going to start moving tomorrow. You'll start school there next Monday." Dad smiled encouragingly and continued to eat his green beans.

I looked at my plate and dragged my fork around in my mashed potatoes, unsure of what to say. A new school?! What if I became a nobody? What if I would never make any friends? What if they all hated me? I lost my appetite, thinking of all the what ifs that were appearing in my mind. Food untouched, I left the table silently, knowing that my parents were looking at me. 

I jumped onto my bed and jammed my earbuds in, shuffling my favorite playlist. Immediately I checked my messages, knowing that Susana would've texted me something. Sure enough, there were five unread messages from Susana.

Susana: lol guess what I found on YouTube!

Susana: [link]

Susana: someone posted a video of our debate in the ice cream parlor

Susana: lol if school sees this we're screwed

Susana: I cyber bullied the guy who posted it. It's gone now.

I laughed. Oh Susana. Then I furrowed my brows, wondering how I would tell her about my situation.

Mari: Hah Susana you're the best

Mari: But I have something to tell you...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter