No... I'm Not Okay

My Name Is Haruka

A/N: In this chapter, I will be intriducing a new OC. He is a minor character, but would mostly be the one talking about haruka's past. i just felt compelled to add him.


Chapter 3

"Oh no..." Haruka, who was already making his way out of the agency building as to look for Minwoo, whom he couldn't find anywhere, realized that his notepad was missing. "I must have left it back in the practice room. I just hope no one finds it..." Luckily for him, no one read it, but it was definitely in the hands of someone. And someone that Haruka doesn't like... Or does he?

"Hey." Haruka called with annoyance as soon as he walked into the practice room. Youngmin was there, holding Haruka's notepad. A while earlier, he was thinking of being nice and returning it to him, but...

"Give it back, light post..."

That very sentence made him snap.

"Excuse you?" the tallest asked, voice dripping with anger.

"You heard me. You are tall, like a light post. So you are one." Haruka replied blankly. "Now give back my notepad." Youngmin grudgingly handed it to him and swept past to the door. 

"Just so you know, I don't like you at all. Even if the others aceept you, you need to know you will never become one of us..." he said in a low, intimidating tone before leaving the room. Haruka stood still for a moment, thinking about that last sentence. He kept staring into nothing for a while until a tap on his shoulder brought him out of his world.

"Haruka, are you okay?" He turned around to see Minwoo, looking at him with a concerned expression. Haruka nodded faintly.

"Yes, I'm okay..." Then he remembered what he was originally going to do. "Oh, Donhyon-san wanted us all by the van. He said were leaving."

"Then let's go!" Minwoo smiled and dragged Haruka along. "Ne, Haruka..." Minwoo started suddenly. "Are you...sure you are okay...?" Haruka gave him a puzzled look.

"I told you I'm-"

"I heard saw what happened between you and Youngmin..." he cut in, stopping in his tracks. "That's why I'm asking you..." Hauka scanned Minwoo's face for a couple of seconds before his own facial expressions started to change. His once blank face turned into a frown as he shook his head.

"No...I'm not okay..." he said in a quiet tone. Minwoo glanced around cautiously then gave Haruka a quick hug.

"There, there..." he said with a laugh. "You can talk to me about it on our way home." He patted Haruka's head and started walking away. Haruka stood there, shocked, but soon shook his head and followed Minwoo. When they both arrived, Donghyun was waiting for them.

"You two, if you have been any later, you would have been punished, you know..." he said, tapping his feet impatiently. "We were going to get some ice-cream today." Haruka's face ligthened up.

"Ice-cream?" he asked in a child-like way, but still keeping his voice down.

"Yes."

"Gomen nasai, Donhyon-san." the black-haired idol bowed politely. "I will not be late again." Minwoo laughed quietly before Donghyun's eyes fell on him.

"Minwoo... Your apology." 

"Ahem, I'm sorry for being late, hyung." he replied. 

"Good. You two at the backseats, now."

"What?! No fair!" Minwoo objected. In the end, he was forced into the back seat. He sat on the right, Haruka seated on the left, and Donghyun sat in the middle. Haruka was starting to feel droopy, as he has not even napped since he woke up, which is really early. It was 25 minutes to the ice-cream shop, and Haruka saw this as the perfect opportunity. His eyes started to close as he unconsiously leaned on the closest thing to him, which, by chance, was Donghyun. The last thing he heard was Minwoo mentioning his name in a hushed tone before he fell asleep.


Next thing Haruka knew was that the van was no longer moving. It was quiet, and the thing he was leaning on was still there. On second thoughts, he realized something in addition to all that: Someone was touching his hair. 

He shifted a little in his place before his eyes fluttered open. The thing touching his hair pulled away, and he was greeted by a familiar voice. A voice he admired, to be honest.

"Oh, you are awake. I hope I didn't disturb you." 

"Not at all, Donhyon-san..." Haruka mumbled sleepily. He didn't bother to sit up, but instead, he snuggled closer to the older idol. Donghyun didn't seem abothered by Haruka's actions, and to Haruka, as long as there was no protesting, he was fine doing whatever he was doing. "Where are the others?"

"They went in to have their ice-cream. Minwoo is supposed to be getting mine and yours now." the leader replied.

"My...ice-cream...?"

"Yeah. You were asleep, and we didn't want to wake you up, so we got you some chocolate-chip ice-cream." Donghyun smiled.

"But... how did you know...?"

"Huh?"

"How did you know my favourite flavour?" Donghyun chuckled gently.

"Well, while you were leaning on me, I heard you mumbling something like 'Chocolate-chip is lovely...', and I thought to get you some." A blush appeared on Haruka's pale face as he hid his face withthe hood of his sweater, blushing from ear to ear. Donghyun laughed, and just then, Minwoo came back.

"Oh, Haruka you woke up. Here." He handed him his chocolate-chip ice-cream and a small spoon.

"Arigatou Gozaimasu." the boy replied, eating a spoonful of ice-cream, savouring the creamy taste. "Oishii desu!~" he smiled like a child, eating his sweet treat. Donghyun chuckled and started eating his own. Minwoo looked at Haruka for a while, wondering if it would be okay to bring up the subject of the way Youngmin thinks and speaks of Haruka. Finally setting his mind that it would be of benefit for his new friend, he spoke up.

"Donghyun-hyung, I...want to talk to you about something... about Youngmin-hyung..." he started. Haruka's ears perked up, and he almost dropped his spoon. He pretended not to care about the soon-to-begin conversation and focused on his ice-cream. "I heard him talking to Haruka just before we left, and he was being mean..."

"He was, Misashi?" Donghyun asked the boy on his left. haruka stayed silent for a minute before replying.

"...He was..." he said, but quickly added. "But he's not at fault... I called him a light post, after all..." Donghyun tried not to laugh, as this was a serious matter, kind of. Minwoo, however, was not thinking of that at all. 

"But he should not have said you would never become one of us!" he exclaimed.

"Misashi, did he really say that?" Donghyun asked. Haruka hesitated. He really didn't want them to be mad at Youngmin. He himself wasn't sure if he actually hated Youngmin. He didn't want to answer that question.

"H-he..." he trailed off and gripped on his spoon with quivering fingers. He didn't want to put Youngmin in trouble, but he didn't want to lie. He couldn't even lie, in fact. But, would that be enough to convince Donghyun not to press the matter?

"Misashi-san..." Donghyun called, shaking Haruka a little. The ebony-haired idol was so lost in is thoughts that he didn't notice it has been a whole 4 minutes since he was asked that question. "Are you okay?" Haruka had long finished up all his ice-cream. His body started shaking, the conflict between his mind and heart gradually grew bigger. he was confused, sad, angry, depressed, all at the same time. But, there was one thing he knew for sure.

"No... I'm not okay..." he whispered before his body went limp, and his world turned black.


"Will he be okay?"

"Yes. He just lacks rest. If we ensure he gets enough sleep, he will get better very soon." Haruka opened his eyes slowly, shielding them with his arm when they met a blinding white light. After getting adjusted to the light, he fully opened them, only to meet the gaze of a pair of ice-blue eyes. "Hello there. Slept well, Haruka?" Haruka recognized that voice and that English accent.

"Dr...Simon...?" Haruka uttered tiredly. The person clad in whitelaughed lightly.

"Yes, I'm glad you still remember me. How are you feeling?" The conversation went on in English. The blond doctor sat on the chair near Haruka's bed with a smile drawn on his face.

"I was good before I saw you." Haruka replied, putting his arm once again on his eyes. Simon laughed nervously.

"I thank you for your honesty and straightforwardness..." he mumbled. "Anyway," he went on, but in Japanese. "You seem to lack sleep. Don't tell me you are hiding the bags under your eyes with make-up again." Haruka sat up quickly and glared at the doctor.

"Simon..." he hissed.

"Is that true, Haruka?!" That was the moment when Haruka noticed the the members of BOYFRIEND were in the hospital room too. How he didn't notice them, he will never know. The only thing he knew was that minwoo was shaking him frantically.

"Um...No..." Haruka said, eyes travelling to the ceiling.

"Don't lie." He pouted. "You may fall unconsious again if you don't get enough rest."

"I'm used to this..." Haruka threw the covers away and swung his legs off the bed. "I'm going to change so that i can leave. You go home." he walked out of the room, while Simon watched with a chuckle.

"Aren't you gonna stop him?" Kwangmin asked.

"Ani..." Simon replied in Korean. "Don't worry about him. I know him well, he has been my patient for 10 years."

"10?!" Minwoo exclaimed. Simon replied with a nod. "Excuse me but, how old are you?" Simon grinned.

"I don't want to sound too cocky, you know. I'm 22" Simon chuckled. "I have been a doctor since I was 12, started studying medicine when I was 6, worked as an apprentice doctor when I was 7, finished when I was 9, got my Masters' degree when I was 10, PhD when I was 11, and started working when I was 12." Simon finished with a smile. "Cool, right?"

"Wow..." Hyunseong breathed after a good 5 minutes of surprise and silence. "That is quite- Hey , wait! You're that surgeon, Simon Swift!"

"Yup! That's me!" Simon clapped his hands. "People all around the world know me for my intelligence, or so my teachers used to say."

"But..." Jeongmin mused. "Isn't starting study at 6...a bit too early...?"

"Well, it's not common, but ever since I was 5, I loved reading about medicine. I was quite reserved, and would rather read books than play with kids. I didn't have any friends, got the final marks in every exam I have ever taken. One doctor had some interest in my knowledge, and he agreed to have me as his apperentice." Simon said. "Haruka was my patient ever since I became and apprentice. We were of the same age, almost like twins, with a two days difference. He's older."

"Wait, he's 22?"

"Yes. He looks younger, I admit. No one ever thought he would live that long..." Seeing the expression on their faces, he glanced at the clock. "It's getting late.You should be leaving now." 

"You are right. Let's go." Donghyun said. Youngmin has already left the room, and was walking down the hall. He was sure the others have heard that sentence well.

'No one ever thought he would live that long...'

"I wonder..." he mused, walking outside of the building. As he approached the van, he saw Haruka in the corner of his eyes, walking away. The manager, who was waiting by the van, spoke  up.

"Misashi refused to come with us. He said he'll walk all the way back." he said. Youngmin stared off in the direction where Haruka walked in. After deep thinking, he decided to walk home too.

"May I go talk to him? I won't be gone for long." He asked. The manager nodded with a sigh after several seconds. 

"Fine, but try to be quick." Youngmin checked the time on his phone. It was 9:00 p.m. He hurried in haruka's direction, catching up to him.

"Misashi!" Haruka stopped in his tracks, glancing over his shoulder. Seeing Youngmin approach him, his heart started beating a bit faster. He was sure he was in for another rude approach from his own side. 

"What is it?" Haruka asked boredly. Youngmin decided to ignore it.

"You have fainted a while ago."

"So?" Haruka's eyes twitched.

"Walking back all the way is not good for your-" he couldn't go on. Haruka snapped.

"Don't act all concerned about me! I don't need your concern!" he yelled. "Everything was okay until I heard your name!" Haruka turned away. "Just... Just leave me alone..." he walked away. leaving youngmin in a mix of shock and anger.

"Fine! I try being nice and this is how you repay me?!" he shouted, turning around. "I shouldn't have wasted my time..." He walked back to the van. Almost everyone heard him shouting, but they didn't really know about the subject.

"Youngmin, is something wrong?" Donghyun asked as soon as Youngmin got into the van. The tallest sat down in his seat on the front and stared out of the window.

"It's nothing, hyung..." he muttered.

"I told you, hyung..." minwoo whispered. "Haruka and Youngmin-hyung are not on good terms... It's getting worse..."


"Stupid baka..." Haruka muttered as he walked into his dark apartment. He headed straight to his bedroom. it was a simple room, but of dark colors, with a queen-sized bed, a built-in bathroom, a couple of cabinets and a small balcony. He threw himself on the bed, hands gripping hard on the sheets.

"I...I shouldn't have said that...." he whispered in a shaky tone. "It...it was the perfect opportunity... I'm such an idiot..." A single  tear rolled down his pale cheeks. He kept on murmuring the word 'Why?' in a low tone, on and on and on, till he finally drifted into a dreamless sleep.

'I'm sorry, Youngmin...'


A/N: I wanted to mention more about haruka and Simon and their past together, but if I do, what would I have to write later on? Thank you for reading! 

Special thanks to fishykevinwoo for reading and support. ^_^