The Reunion: Part One

My Name Is Haruka

Chapter 16

"Hey, Minwoo! Hurry up, we are gonna be late!" Kwangmin called at Minwoo, who was struggling with his shoes, from the door of their apartment. The young rapper hurriedly put on his shoes and rushed to the door.

"Sorry." he mumbled, earning a playful bang on his head from his fellow rapper. It was almost 9 p.m. Minwoo, who had long known where Haruka's apartment was, took them there. It was on the 20th floor, and, much to their unfourtune, the elevator was out of order.

"Great..." Youngmin mumbled under his breath as he, and the rest took the stairs. Kwangmin and Minwoo were racing up all the way. Jeongmin and Donghyun looked as annoyed as he was, but none of them really had a problem with that. Hyunseong wasn't even thinking about that. By the time they reached the ninth floor, Kwangmin was out of breath, while Minwoo was celebrating his victory. 

"Oh, you are here already?" they turned around to see Haruka standing by the door of his apartment. He was holding some grocery bags.

"Oh, Haruka! Hello!" Minwoo smiled. "It has been a while. About 6 hours, I think..." he added. Haruka chuckled.

"Yeah... I was out getting some snacks for later.. Terumi said he will be taking care of the house for me.." The black-haired idol said, trying to reach out and get the key out of his pocket. 

"Here, let me help." Kwangmin took one of the bags Haruka was holding, enabling Haruka to take out the key and unlock the door. Minwoo stood behind Haruka, eager to see what his apartment looked like. On the inside, it looked quite warm; the walls were paneled with dark oak wood, as was the floor too. Several wall lamps illuminated the dim apartment, as it seemed like Terumi kept it dark in there. Haruka the lights, making the interior structure more visible. The furniture was quite nice, all of dark colors, ranging from black to dark red. The way it was set matched Haruka's personality, or so Minwoo thinks. 

"Wow, looks really nice." he said, taking a seat on the dark red retro sofa. "A bit dark, but nice."

"Glad you like it." Haruka walked out of the kitchen after putting the things he was holding there, closing the front door after Donghyun walked in. "Kuraiyuki decided and planned this design for me. He's really good with colors."

"I want to meet him." Minwoo smiled. "Hyunseong-hyung talked to us about him some time ago."

"He will be here too, don't worry." Haruka replied. "Oh, Donhyon-san, Hyonson-senpai, don't stand there. Have a seat." he urged them both to sit down, and they did.

"This apartment is big..." Youngmin commented, looking around.

"Yeah. It covers this whole floor. It was our dorm before we were disbanded... At that time, we were in Japan. Our former manager wanted to get rid of this apartment, but luckily, I had its papers." Haruka explained. 'So it was still mine- I mean ours..." he laughed nervously.

"The whole floor?! Cool!" Jeongmin exclaimed. "It must be very big then."

"It is. It has five large bedrooms, and each of them has it's own bathroom. The bathroom is much smaller, though." he said, pointing to the windows, which were covered by dark curtains. "These windows light the apartment very well in the morning, and I usually watch the city lights at night."

"Must be nice..." Kwangmin trailed off. Haruka got up and walked to the window, turning off the lights and pushing the curtains away. Minwoo rushed to the full-length, clear glass widows and gaped in awe. 

"Wow, the lights look awesome. I never saw anything from such a height at night." Haruka chuckled and looked out of the window. "Say, doesn't it feel like you can fall down from here? The glass is so clear."

"My cousin was scared of this window." Haruka laughed. "He didn't like these windows..."

"They do look like they are not there..." Jeongmin said, looking out as well. "It's petty nice to liv ehere, ne?"

"Yeah.... But without the others around... It feels so lonely in here..." Haruka walked back to the couch, picking up his phone. Just then, Terumi walked in, holding his own phone.

"Oh, Haruka." he smiled. "When did you get here?"

"A while ago." the younger twin said. "How's-"

"Ruki is asleep." Terumi replied quickly, dialing a number. "I have been calling Kaitou for a while, but he is not answering."

"Same here," Haruka said, dialling a number. "What to do now?"

"Uh, maybe on e of you should call him?" Hyunseong laughed. "You two are calling him at the same time." The twins looked at each other, then at their phones. With a nervous laugh, Haruka put his phone aside.

"I didn't notice."

"We should stop thinking in syncronization."

"Yeah, so now, be a good boy and go arrange the snacks I got. I want everything organized. Okay?'

"Hai." Terumi saluted and rushed to the kitchen. Haruka turned to the others.

"Say, how about I show you around?" he offered with a smile. They nodded and followed him to the hallway. Several doors of different colors were there. Haruka reached the door at the end of the hallway. "This is where we used to practice in our free time." he opened the door, leading into a wood-paneled-floored large room with white walls. It didn't have much in it, only giant speakers in the corners, a door leading to a small closet and three air conditioners. "It's not much, but I like it. It is one place where Terumi is really serious." Minwoo snickered. 

"What's in that closet?"

"A zombie." Haruka smirked, walking to it and opening the door. A zombie doll sprang out of the door, falling onto Minwoo.

"Kya!!!!!" the young rapper screamed, squirming away from the doll. Hyunseong burst out laughing.

"It's just like what happened in Japan!" he exclaimed. Haruka tapped his chin.

"Ah... I saw that. It was nice... Minu-san has such a wonderful talent of screaming..." he smiled to himself. Minwoo gave him a look of betrayal.

"I thought we were friends..." he mumbled, sitting in the corner of the room. Haruka raised an eyebrow.

"Chill, it's just a doll, Minu-san..." He said with a light chuckle. "Come on, I'll show you the other rooms." They followed him outside with Minwoo tailing behind them with a disappointed face. Next room they saw was what was supposed to be Terumi's bedroom. It was a total mess. Jeongmin supressed a laugh when he saw the look on Haruka's face.

"What...The heck...?" he muttered, taking a deep breath, telling himself he should not lose his temper. Minwoo looked around the room.

"How does he live like that...?" He shook his head. "Nothing is in place... Not even the pillows!" He stepped in. The room was a bit brighter than the atmosphere of the house, which probably indicated they were free choosing how to decorate their rooms. Terumi definitely knew how to decorate his... With a mess.

"I have no idea..." Donghyun mumbled, looking around the room. "It suits his personality, I guess."

"It was supposed to be a storage room. After he left, I put his belongings here, to have more space for my room." Haruka said, pushing them out and closing the door. "At least this mess in not in my room...That idiot is going to pay for that."

"I feel sorry for him." Kwangmin snickered.Terumi absolutely had no idea how mad Haruka was. Oh well, he earned it.

"This is my room..." Haruka opened the door at the other end of the hallway. His room was, like the living room, dark and warm. The walls were dark blue with bats painted on them, while the floor was covered with dark oaken planks. Almost everything that is not wooden was dark blue and black; the bed sheets, the curtains, the rug, the armchair in the corner next to the widow and the large bookcase, and even the clock. One thing they all definitely saw was that the walls had a lot of posters of different music bands, most were of BOYFRIEND, EXO and BTOB.

"Looks...different from what I have had in mind." Minwoo said.

"You're too organized..." Hyunseong observed, noticing the bookshelves. Some were organized by genre, others by alphabetical order, others by colors. About two or three shelves were infested with Manga and miniature figures for various characters.

"Thank you..." he smiled proudly. Then he pointed to a grand piano in the corner of the room. "I usually compose music there, unless my brother is here, being noisy. It becomes a way to not focus with him."

"Isn't that a bit harsh?" Donghyun asked. 

"No. He used to do the same when we were little." Haruka puffed his cheeks. 'It's payback."

"I see..."

"Haruka!" Terumi burst in, bumping into Kwangmin, almost knocking him down. "Gomen." he looked a bit out of breath.

"Be careful, Nii-san.."

"Hai."  he mumbled. "Say, Kaitou is here. You better hide, he's looking for you."

"Damn..." Haruka muttered under his breath. Before Youngmin could even question, a flash of white passed by him and tackled Haruka to the ground. "Gah!"

"Oh, I missed you so much, Haruka!" exclaimed the stranger that has tackled Haruka down. "You don't know how lonely it felt without you!"

"Damn it, Kaitou, get off!" Haruka squirmed.

"Oh. Sorry." he got up, giving Haruka some space to breathe. He eyed the six people in the room before his eyes fell on Hyunseong. He smiled brightly. "San E's brother!" 

'Uh...H-hai..." Hyunseong sweatdropped, while his band mates laughed to themselves.

"It has been a while since I saw any of you." the white-haired idol exclaimed. "Say, Haruka, I'm hungry. Oh look, " he made his way to the piano. "It's still like the last time I saw it! I can't believe it!" he went on, talking non-stop. Haruka sighed tiredly.

"...Oh my God..." he muttered under his breath. "He won't be stopping soon, let's go." he said. the rest, including Terumi, nodded and followed haruka outside. Kaitou, noticing he was alone, ran after them hurriedly.

"Yo, Haruka!" A small boy, about 140 cm, greeted Haruka on entering the living room, but when he noticed there were people he didn't know, he hid behind the person closest to him, who was a man of medium height, with short dark brown hair and laughing deep blue eyes. "W-who are those...?" he stuttered shyly, peeking at the six Korean idols.

"These are BOYFRIEND, Mitsu..." The man whom Mitsu was hiding behind said gently, turning to the six idols. "Mitsu is shy around strangers... I'm Makoto, Kaitou's older brother." the man, Makoto, smiled.

"Nice to meet you, makoto-san." Minwoo smiled, then held out his hand to Mitsu. The little black-haired boy slowly reached out and shook the rapper's hand before hiding again. "He's so cute." The boy blushed and hid aga

"I know, right?" Haruka smiled. "Is Kuro here yet?" 

"No. He had some photo shooting a while ago, but he's on his way." Makoto said, walking to the couch, with Mitsu following him, and sitting down.

"I see..." Haruka followed him, ignoring Minwoo and Terumi, who have snuck some snacks past Haruka. 

"Hey, Haruka." Kaitou took a seat in between Haruka and Hyunseong. "What happened to you? Terumi was crying and sobbing most of the call, so I didn't understand anything, except that something terrible has happened to you."

"Ah, well... I fell into a coma and-"

"What?!" the older man cut in, shaking haruka back and forth. "How could you not tell me?!" he exclaimed. Haruka gave him a blank face. "...Oh...Sorry..." Donghyun laughed a little, as did Makoto. Kaitou turned to Makoto and glared at him, an act which Makoto just smiled at. 

"I hope you realize what I want to say, Kaitou..." Haruka sighed. Kaitou nodded.

"Of course I do. You don't like being interrupted." the man exclaimed proudly. Haruka facepalmed and shook his head in disbelief.

"Kaitou-san..." Hyunseong opened his mouth to speak, but he took back whatever he was gonna say. Just then, the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" Kaitou sprang up and ran over to the door, tripping and rolling down most of the way. After getting out, he opened the door. "Oh, Kuro and Shoutsu, you are here!" he beamed, stepping aside to let the two in. Kuro was a tall teenager with spikey black hair and a bit of white highlights, light blue eyes and and sharp features. Shoutsu was a lot shorter comapred to Kuro. He looked almost like Haruka, but not as pale, his hair was shorter, and he wore a bored expression.

"Oh, Kuro. Long time no see." Haruka greeted, but Kuro said nothing. He just turned away from him. "...?"

"I wasn't going to come here... But I was forced.." he said in a low, rough tone. "Don't expect me to enjoy my time." A frown crossed Haruka's face for a moment before he smiled again.

"I'm sorry then..Kuro." he said. He might have thought it was not noticed, but Donghyun and Hyunseong defintely notice his sudden change of tone. His tone was...much gentler than they have expected. Exchanging a few looks, they decided to find out what was going on between those two. 

Kuro retreated to one of the rooms Haruka has not showen the Korean idols, not caring about anyone else in the house. Haruka excused himself, saying that he will be doing some things in the kitchen, and left, with Shoutsu and Mitsu following soon after. Terumi and Minwoo were still not there, and Kwangmin probably joined them in whatever crisis they were planning for. It was all Hyunseong, Donghyun, Jeongmin, Kaitou, Makoto and Youngmin now.

"Say, Makoto-san," Donghyun spoke up. 'If you don't mind me asking, why is there so much tension between Haruka and Kuro-san?" Makoto took a deep breath, debating on whether he should speak of not.

"Nii-san... They are Haruka's friends... The should know..." Kaitou said, turning to the leader. "I can tell you it all started back when Haruka was a student at the musical academy...."

To be continued...