He Was Dead

My Name Is Haruka

Sorry, the title is a bit dark and gloomy, but that's how I feel right now... It had to be like this... sorry again. This is supposed to kind of make you feel sad, but since I'm a terrible author, I don't think it would.


Chapter 19

Haruka crawled to the room where Kuraiyuki and his daughter, Ruki, were currently sleeping. It was not a very big room, simple enough, and with a few things in it. Ruki and the young stylist wer asleep on the bed, with Kuraiyuki holding the little girl close. He shakily got up and walked to their bed, closing the door behind him as he did so.

Ruki seemed to be startled a bit by the click of the door, as she got up, looking around the room sleepily. She spotted the familiar figure on the ground and got off the bed, walking to him while rubbing her eyes sleepily.

"Otou...chan...?" she yawned, kneeling beside him. "Why are you here...? You should be sleeping...Right...?" when she received no answer, she reached out to lift his head up, so that she could see his face. 

Feeling his daughter's small hands touch his face ever so lightly, Haruka couldn't help but look up at her. She let out a small gasp. "Why do you look so...so sad...? What happened...?" she sat down on the ground. Haruka silently got closer to her, laying with his head on her lap.

"I'm a horrible person..." he finally whispered, sobbing unintentionally. "I always...let my other side take over... I keep hurting people.... I should have died in that accident...." Ruki's eyes widened.

"No. Oyou-chan should say with me..." she caressed his hair. "You are the nicest person I have ever seen... You-"

"No, Ruki..." he sat up, looking at her with serious eyes, ignoring the pain in both his head and his chest. "I'm a horrible person... You...You shouldn't look up to me... You should hate me instead..."

"Otou-chan..."

"I...I hurt him.... I adored him more than anyone... yet I.." he paused, sobbing. "I caused him pain..."

"Who...?"

"...Hyunseong..." Ruki stared at him for a while. "I...I don't know what came over me... But...I...I hurt him... very bad...."

"W-wait...what do you...mean...?" she asked in a slightly scared voice. "You mean... You did like they do in the movies....?" she slowly backed away from him. Haruka sighed with a mix of hurt and anticipation.

"...Ruki, I-"

"How could you?!" she shouted, enough to wake Kuraiyuki up. The boy didn't move, however, he decided to listen without interrupting them. None of them seemed to notice. They were each in their own trance. Ruki felt so disappointed at her own father. "...He...he has always loved you.... He was always talking about how he wished you were his younger sibling... Is this how you repay him?"

"Ruki, please listen to me."

"I've had enough." she turned away. "You are always sweet-talking your way out of trouble..." She was so angry she didn't notice him walk up to her. Before she knew it, he hugged her close from behind, resting his head on her shoulder.

"...I'm leaving in an hour...." he whispered. "I...I just wanted to say goodbye.... I might never be back again..."

"No!" Kuraiyuki jolted up, staring at Haruka with eyes full of horror. Haruka turned to him with surprise written on his face before his expression softened into a smile.

"You look pretty.. Yuki-chan..." he smiled,  walking to the bed and sitting down. Kuraiyuki grabbed his hand and held it tight.

"You...are not serious, right...?" the boy asked once again. "You cannot leave me like this...." he breathed, staring into haruka's eyes for a while. Haruka sighed and shook his head.

"It would be better if I leave this world... I'm just a useless burden..." Ruki turned her head to him, hoping he was not being serious. As much as she knew, he was going to kill himself. She quickly ran to him and tugged on his other hand.

"W-wait! I didn't mean to-"

"It's not you, Ruki... I just..." he tried to find the suitable words to put it, but he couldn't. "I'm just sick... I shouldn't live to burden anyone with my...stupid thoughts and obsessions..." he clenched his fists tight. 

"Otou-chan... I love you..." Ruki whispered in a shaky voice, hugging his arm, wiping away her tears. "...I want you to stay with me...forever...."

"You shall have Terumi..." the older replied, letting his own tears fall down. "He's...he's more suitable for this... he would be a better father than I am..." 

"...Haruka-san..." Kuraiyuki bit his lips before hugging Haruka tight. "You can't leave me... I'm...I'm nothing without you..." he breathed. Haruka smiled despite the sorrow in his eyes and wrapped his free arm around the boy.

"I'm sure you will find a job, Yuki... You have skills... Someone out there would surely appreciate them..." he whispered soothingly, pressing a kiss to the boy's temple. "You will all live on without me... I don't deserve to live...amongst such nice people..." Before anyone could say anything, a knock was heard on the door.

"Haruka, come out!" It was Youngmin. He sounded very angry. Haruka hugged Kuraiyuki tightly, then did the same to Ruki.

"I have to go now... I love you..." He walked to the door before any of them could stop him. "Lights off." the lights went off immediately. He could hear exclamations of surprise outside. This was the time. He opened the door and, like a cat, dashed outside past the twins, heading to the living room.

"Hey, wait, Haruka!" they followed him. Ruki ran to the door. 

"We must tell them!" she turned to Kuraiyuki. "Come on!" the boy, however, made no move.

"What's the use...?" he sighed, tears falling down his face. "He wouldn't care...He'll just do it..." 

"Yuki..." she reached out to open the door, but it was locked. "Oh...He trapped us here..." she sighed, falling to the ground. "Why...Otou-chan...?"

Meanwhile, Terumi up. he heard some crashing noises outside, which worried him. It seemed Minwoo heard them too, for he was also up.

"What was that?" the rapper asked. Terumi shrugged.

"Let's go see... I have a bad feeling about this..." he got out of his bed hurriedly, rushing outside, where he bumped into Jeongmin, and a very hurt-looking Hyunseong. Terumi gasped and inspected him from head to toe. "What happened....?" Hyunseong glanced at him, eyes holding an emotion Terumi couldn't really read.

"...your brother..." he whispered, coughing a little. The vocalist's body was covered in bruises, and his shirt was torn off. What on Earth could have- Oh...Unless... Terumi's eyes widened.

"...It's him again..." he went in the direction the twin's took, with Minwoo following him close behind. Haruka just stood there, hands in his pockets, with an annoying smirk on his face. Kwangmin was next to his twin, who looked like he was punched by a certain black-haired male. "Haruka!" said man glanced at him.

"Ah, nii-san came to join us, ne?~" he snickered. "Why don't you come closer so you can join your friends...?"

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Kwangmin hissed. "One second you're nice, the other, you are a screwed up bastard." he was clearly loosing his temper. Haruka kept his smirk on, pissing off the younger twin even more.

"I don't intend to fight you... I was about to settle all this mess once and for all." he rolled his eyes. "It has nothing to do with any of you."

"Hold on, Haruka." Donghyun, who had long been there, walked up to Haruka. "The explain what you have done to Hyunseong... Why would you do such a thing to him?"

"Can't you see it, idiot?" he replied rudely. "Haruka wanted him desperately... And seeing that Haruka is a stupid child, I decided to make his last wish come true."

"Last...wish...?" Hyunseong sighed, biting his lips and turning away. It was his fault... he should speak up... But what would happen if he did...? Haruka's other self is frightening.. He had seen that himself... Oh, if only he could just tell them the truth...


"Now, listen to me...." the violent self of Haruka spoke, still pinning the older down. "Today, I have decided to put an end to all this idiocy..."

"What...?" Hyunseong asked in a hoarse voice. 

"I will end Haruka's life this night..." he continued. "I'm fed up with his wimpy attitude, and seeing as we are one person, getting rid of him sets me free." He jumped off the bed, heading to the door. "You just do what i told you to do, or, if Haruka lives, he will pay for this too... Am I clear...?"

"...No... Haruka has..." Hyunseong coughed. "Haruka has done nothing to you..."

"Hah! That's what you see." he laughed mockingly. "That wimp doesn't deserve to live. Ending his life would be better for all of us..."

"No. I know Haruka... He's my little brother... You are just a mere shadow of him...." At that, Haruka stopped and turned to face Hyunseong, who was lying on the bed, half dressed, with several bruises on his muscular body.

"...What....?" he hissed. Hyunseong, with his remaining strength, sat up.

"You heard me... You are not Haruka... Haruka is not a bastard like you are. He's innocent and harmless... You are his shadow... A shadow of what he might have been... If he had lived for his own selfishness..."

"Shut up!" Haruka punched Hyunseong hard, knocking him down. "I can hurt you more than I already did... And you won't like it..."  Hyunseong gulped and rubbed his cheek, which was still throbbing from the punch. Haruka clutched his head for a few seconds before looking up, all evil looks disappeared from his face. Hyunseong stared at him for a while.

"...Haruka...?" the boy, on hearing his name, looked at Hyunseong, gasping in shock on seeing him in such a state. He seemed to realize what has happened. 

"...Big brother..." he quickly went over to his side, helping him sit up properly. 'Oh no... don't tell me I... I..." Hyunseong smiled and shook his head.

"No, Haruka, it's nothing... These are old marks..." he lied. Haruka seemed to believe it.

"Are you hurt...? Do you need help...?" he helped Hyunseong back to the bed, sitting beside him.

"Haruka... Do you know about your other self...?" Haruka gave him a confused look.

"W-what do you mean...?" he laughed a little. "These only exist in movies, senpai." he laughed it off.

"You really don't know....?"

"Huh..?" 

"Don't you have..any suicidal thoughts... Haruka...?" Haruka gave him a weird look. 

"Eh? Why would I?" he laughed. "I have to admit, I thought of something like that once or twice, but I never attempted to do anything... Why do you ask...?"

"Nothing important... Just... a nightmare I saw..."

"oh.. You okay?" The vocalist nodded with a smile. The normal Haruka was finally back. 

'Yeah.."

"Jeez, don't scare me like that again..." Haruka smiled. " For a second, I thought I have done something to you." he got up and left the room, saying he would be getting the first-aid kit. Hyunseong sighed in relief, thinking that Haruka was no longer in danger.. Who knew what would have happened if that idiot was still in control? 

"I'm back." Haruka walked in again, smiling at Hyunseong. For some reason, his smile looked...fake... Like something was bothering him....

"Something wrong. Haruka...?"

"Eh? N-no, I'm just...a bit tired..." But Hyunseong knew it was a lie... Haruka looked so bothered. He couldn't be think of suicide, could he?

"Then, no need to treat my wounds... I'll do it." The older smiled. "You should sleep. You need rest."

"No. I'll treat your bruises and wounds first." the young man insisted. After applying a couple of bandages to the older vocalist, Haruka smiled gently. "There..."

"Thank you, Haruka..." He laid back, and Haruka stayed by his side. Just as Hyunseong was falling back to sleep, he reached out and grabbed Haruka's hand. "Haruka, don't go anywhere tonight..."

"Huh...? Senpai..."

"Stay by my side, okay?" he gripped on Haruka's hand tight. 'In my nightmare... You left and... You...died... I don't want that to happen..." The look in Haruka's eyes confirmed his thoughts. If Haruka leaves, the other Haruka will be back, Haruka would die. He had to keep him there.

"...I.."

"No more words.." he pulled Haruka into a tight embrace. It lasted for a while before he pressed a gentle kiss to Haruka's head.  "Don't go... Don't leave us..." he closed his eyes. The only thing he was way the evil Haruka, all around him, telling him it was too late....

"I won't leave...big brother..." was the last thing he heard before he fell asleep.


"Haruka!" A crash, the yell, it brought him out of his trance. That was when he noticed the way Kwangmin, Terumi, Minwoo and Donghyun were at the window. He noticed how Jeongmin and Youngmin looked shocked. How little Ruki, whom he had no idea was here, was on the ground, unconscious. He saw Mitsu, Makoto and Kaitou looking terribly upset. He saw Kuro's shocked, but nevertheless careless face. He saw Kuraiyuki, watching in horror at a distance. And how Shotsu was standing next to Kuro, eyes fixed on the ground in a solemn way.

He didn't care how they got here. Nor he didn't care about the sobbing Terumi, not even bout the broken window, or anything... Only one thing  clouded his mind. 

He was late...

Evil Haruka has won. 

The Haruka he once saw as his brother, the innocent child-like individual he loved hanging out with, the one who cared for him so much he concealed his twisted feelings for him, just for the sake of their friendship... 

He was no longer there... he could only hear his name, over and over...

His laughter, his smiles. Nothing remained. He was a memory now...

He was dead...


A/N: Okay. Only the epilogue remains now. Since I'm starting school tomorrow, I might not be updating often, so I thought I should end this. The epilogue might be posted today too.

Ja ne.