Epilogue

My Name Is Haruka

Epilogue

Simon's POV

It was puzzling... Very puzzling. 

After Haruka death, everyone went back to their normal lives, except for me. I couldn't believe he was dead. Not in a greiving way. I meant that I don't actually believe he is really dead. 

The thing in, I know Haruka well... More than anyone could possibly know. Terumi knows him well too.... Makoto, Kaitou, Shotsu, Kuro, Mitsu, Kuraiyuki.. They all know him well. And they also know he wouldn't possibly kill himself like that... So why?

To be honest, I never understood Haruka... Ever since he was a boy. He would be longing for some care, but would never show it... Was he afraid of results like this? What was on his mind when he threw himself out of the window...? I found no answer... But knowing him, he wouldn't make any move without a purpose.

Like a little child, who is unable to vice his desire to do something, he would carry on doing it, eventually finding a way to get what he wants. I knew him too well....

The truth lies in his corpse, I thought. Examining the corpse was one choice. 

I have received the reports from the police department, no sooner than I have been checking up on Terumi. The poor boy is going through a harsh situation... Losing his little brother like that... Though... Something was off about it... So I made up my mind to seek out the truth.

The results I found out were shocking... Yet, no one noticed.

As I head back home, late at night, I usually gaze at the sky, smiling, amazed at how cunning he was... How perfect he was when making plans. How good he was at acting...

The little demon he was... I chuckle to myself. It's true... I go on in my way.

There is a catch... It lies in Haruka's words.

I'm here to make you guess the truth, but I won't tell any.

Here is a hint: Haruka always keeps his promises. He never lies. He is true to his words... 

It's not good enough, me speaking here doesn't make sense, but what in the world does so? We live in a world that cares about power... And insane world. Where fictional characters can control you, manipulate you into reading an imaginary story, with interest that you might have not shown in the real world around you.

Aren't I right?

I now smile at you, bowing politely, wishing you a good day. I will have to go on with my studies and inspections. 

So long. I'll see you later, ladies and gentlemen. We might be apart for a long time now, but we will meet again.

You can't run away from fate...

It will always...always... catch you...

Haruka has known that well. He didn't run away, but took in in his arms, embracing his destiny, no matter how dark it looked. No matter how demonic was the purpose he lived for...

Like a predator, he is silently watching, waiting for the right moment to strike... Who knows when that moment is? For now, all I can do is wait...

Now...What would you do...? 


Third POV.

Minwoo walked into Haruka's bedroom... Or, what used to be Haruka's bedroom. There was no more Haruka... He was gone. 

He eyed the clean furniture there, a solemn smile creeping on his lips. He wanted him to come back, but it was impossible now... It was too late. He wondered why Hyunseong didn't stop him... Was it whatever threat he was given? It sounded reasonable enough for him to let go of the fact.

But wait... He stopped thinking when he saw a folded piece of paper on Haruka's bed. It looked so neatly folded, but he had no idea on when it might have been written. Pehaps it belonged to Terumi or makoto, he thought, picking it up. On the outside, it read: To Minwoo.

'Me...?' he examined it well. It was plain... It had no signs of anything except that the handwriting definitely belonged to Haruka. He was the only on he knew with that horrible Korean handwriting.

'Must have written it before his death...'  Curious, he opened it. His eyes scanned the words inside, widening up by the second as he went on reading.

___________________________________________________________________________________

....Oh well....

It all ends here... for now. 

I'll be always watching, always waiting.

I will never cease to exist in this world.

Haunting your past, present and future.

I smile, I laugh and chuckle.

I'm the shadow  in your nightmares... I'm the monster under your bed.

I'm waiting to strike you when you least expect it.

My image had no reflection. 

But you never noticed it.

And I never said a word.

All I did was smile at you, 

grinning and shoving it away.

One day, you will see me again,

at that time, I will be a different person.

A person you would have never expected.

I will be always watching, always waiting.

The key lies in the dark closet, 

waiting for you to come by,

to seek the truth,

to seek me,

Fear.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Startled, he dropped the paper. His heart was pounding hard in his chest. He felt it... He was being watched... He desperately looked around, but saw nothing. His fear grew my each passing second. He wanted to call out, but he was afraid... What if someone answered him? He would be definitely crept out...

Slowly, he made his way to the door, rushing out of the apartment. He couldn't shake off the feeling of fear that took over him. He kept remembering the words, seeing them each time he closed his eyes... Like something possessed him... 

He headed back to the dorms, straight to his room, leaving his band mates confused. He didn't want to talk about it. He didn't even want to remember it. All he wanted was for that feeling to go away.

Yet, it didn't.

He could still feel those eyes watching him... ready to strike any moment... For days, he remained in that same state of fear.

Just watching...

Just waiting...