The Reunion: Part Two

My Name Is Haruka

Chapter 17

"Back at the academy, Kuro was known for his talent at singing." Kaitou started explaining. "He had strong vocals, he was the teachers' favourite... Until Haruka showed up..."

"The twins, Haruka and Terumi, had talent at both singing and composing music, but Haruka was the most talented." Makoto went on. "He quickly grabbed all the attention, even though he was older than Kuro at that time." 

"Kuro is younger?!" Jeongmin cut in. "But... He looks like 25 or something..."

"He stresses on himself too much..." Kaitou nodded. "So yeah, he looks older than he is."

"Whatcha talkin' bout?" Terumi walked in casually along with the two rappers. Makoto sighed.

"Terumi... please, do not speak slang. It doesn't suit you." he said. Terumi frowned and sat next to the older idols. "We were talking about Kuro and Haruka."

"Oh, so you're telling them the story, ne?" He hummed, taking out a bag of chips out of nowhere. "I wanna listen."

"You know it." 

"It's different from your point of view." he smiled, opening the bag. "Go on, please."

"Anyway..." It took Makoto some time to gather his thoughts, with that annoying sound of chips in his ears, but he eventually relaxed and went on. "Kuro has never liked Haruka... He basically hated everything Haruka did. He wanted him gone, but what would he be able to do? He decided to bear with it. But he couldn't."

"Why?" Youngmin asked.

"You see, Haruka loved taking activities with his twin. They would never let an opportunity slip past them" Kaitou continued in Makoto's place. "No one has ever expected the instructor to put Haruka and Kuro in the same team..."

"That must have led to a disaster.."

"Well, said, Minu-san." Terumi nodded. "It did lead to a disaster." 

"What happened?" 

"Haruka and Kuro had to write, compose and perform a song together." the twin said. "...'Together' was the problem." 

"Both of them were stubborn, but Kuro was full of pride. Haruka, at that time, was down to earth, willing to befriend anyone, even though his sudden change of heart got into the way. He-"

"Wait," Hyunseong spoke. "change of heart?"

"Oh, you don't know?" Kaitou turned to Makoto. "Should we tell them?" The older nodded. "Haruka has double personalities. When he is really angry, he loses his mind completely, and turns insane."

"Schizophrenia..." Terumi said shortly. His tone, as it was apparent to all, shortly expressed that he didn't want anyone to bring that up. Makoto took the hint and went back to what he was saying.

"Haruka and Kuro, somehow, managed to bring in their duet single on time, and it won the audition." he said. "We all thought that was the last time these two are going to work together... We didn't expect Haruka to ask Kuro to become one of us. Kuro, to shock us even more, accepted the offer."

"It turned out well, right?" Donghyun asked. "I mean, we did see you on a couple of TV programs. You seemed.. Normal."

"Yes, we may act normal in front of people, but not all of us are as friendly as we seem to be." Kaitou sighed. "Makoto and I are the eldest, we have been idols for long, we were in a better state than the others. Haruka, Terumi, Mitsu and Shotsu are family. They have similar preferences, they were good to each other. Kuro was the lone wolf of the group."

"Haruka seemed to be close with all of you... From what he had told me..." Miwoo trailed off.

"He has.. Well, only in the first three years of us working together... He was trying to prove he was a good leader, despite his young age. He would not get to sleep before he was sure everyone else was asleep." The white-haired vocalist said. "He didn't like to see anyone bothered by anything, and tried his best to make us all happy being together. But... Soon, Kuro started showing his rebellious side, so Haruka saw that the most suitable way to deal with him is to show him who's in charge. These two were the source of all fights that occured between us... "

"So that's why... In the article..." Donghyun mused in realization. Kaitou nodded.

"Yes. Makoto and I discussed the problem, and the only solution was to disband HARUKANA Boyz..."

"Oh..." silence filled the room. Kaitou smiled and spoke up. 

"But that's the past, and it has been done already. Now we are all here, right?" He smiled. "Let's enjoy our time, grieving over the past now won't change anything." Terumi nodded energetically.

"Yeah! Let's play a game!"

"Wait, Kuraiyuki is not here yet." Makoto sighed.

"No, he is... He's asleep in my room." Terumi smiled.

"you mean that messy room?" Minwoo asked in a doubtful tone. Terumi nodded proudly. The young rapper face-palmed and shook his head. Terumi can be really strange at times... Yet he was sure he was even stranger before... He had to ask Haruka about that.

Now that he remembered, was Haruka listening to what they were saying...? Probably not, he had two people with him in the kitchen. there was no way none of them kept him busy. Yet, he had another thing on his mind. Why did Terumi look so hurt a while ago...? It was not his usual attitude. It seems like he has been spacing out, for Donghyun shook him a little, and that was when he noticed they were the only ones there.

"Minwoo, are you okay?" the leader asked in a concerned tone. "You look... Distant.. Is something bothering you...?" The young rapper shook his head and smiled. 

"It's nothing, hyung."

"Okay. Terumi is waiting in the practice room. He says he has to decided what to play before Haruka comes in." They both made their way to the room.

"Eh? Why?"


"...Over your dead body, Terumi..." Haruka hissed at his brother, glaring at him, while the older twin just smiled innocently. Minwoo finally found out what Terumi was aiming for. Apparently, Haruka hated three games very much: Spin the Bottle, Truth or Dare, and finally, the game he seemed to despise most, Seven Minutes in Heaven... or Hell, as Haruka called it.

"Aw, come on, don't be such a bore."

"I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"No, you are being stupid."

"These games need to be played in groups, Haruka." Terumi reasoned. 'This is the perfect chance to spice thing up." The Jo twins couldn't help but snicker at the sly expression Terumi wore on his face. Haruka's eyes twitched in annoyance and a harsh comment was about to be thrown at the black-haired twin, only then, Makoto motioned for Haruka to sit down.

"Relax, Haruka." He smiled. "Nothing would happen, Kurai-chan and Ruki-chan are asleep, I don't see a reason not to play." Haruka eventually gave in and sat beside Minwoo and Youngmin, just across his brother, glaring daggers at him. Terumi ignored him, though he was indeed amused by his little brother's facial expressions. 

"Ne, isn't Mitsu a bit too young...?" Minwoo whispered, leaning towards Haruka. Haruka shook his head.

"No, he's not as young as he seems, but he doesn't like talking about his age."

"So, Haruka, we have decided to play Seven Minutes in Heaven." Terumi spoke. "And since i'm at a good distance away from you, I can say that you have to obey me because I'm older than you." Haruka sighed heavily, glaring at him. "So," he went on, ignoring Haruka once again. "We will decided who goes into that closet with whom with this bottle." He placed a bottle down. "I believe you know how this goes." All nodded except for Haruka, who had his arms folded, glaring daggers at Terumi. "Okay, seems Haruka doesn't know." he grinned, ticking Haruka off. "I'll spin, and whoever are the two sitting that the opposite ends of the bottle when it stops, they would go in. Okay?"

"I don't think Haruka is in a good mood for this, Terumi..." Hyunseong pointed, suspecting that once all this is over, they would most likely find Terumi's remains somewhere. Terumi smirked.

"Exactly..." he snickered. The others sround him sweatdropped. "Let's begin!" he spun the plastic bottle with force, causing it to fly off in haruka's direction. Haruka, thankfully, caught it and threww it back at Terumi, hitting him in the head. "Ow!"

"Serves you right..."

"Boys, do not fight." Donghyun chuckled to himself.

"He started it." Haruka pointed at Terumi. "He did that on purpose!"

"No, I didn't." Terumi replied in a matching childish tone. 

"These two are really kids..." Jeongmin sighed. Kwangmin took the bottle and spun it. It went round, and round, and round, and for some reason, Kaitou insisted on following it with his eyes while munching on some chips he stole from Minwoo. (And Minwoo wasn't happy about that.) It finally came to a stop. One end pointed at Terumi, and the other pointed at...

"Minu?!" Terumi exclaimed with a bit of disappointment. "...This... was not expected..." he mumbled to himself. Donghyun raised an eyebrow. 

"What was that?"

"I said that I'm so excited, that's all." the older Misashi twin lied. Donghyun rolled his eyes as Minwoo nervously got up, walking to the closet with a frowning Terumi following close after, completely aware of the mocking smirk on his twin's face. Kaitou locked the door, (no one really knows how he got there so fast.) and smiled.

"You have seven minutes. Terumi, be a good boy and don't scare Little Minwoo, okay?" he called and received a muffled "Hai" from his former band mate. Feeling assured, he made his way back to where he was sitting. Both Haruka and Jeongmin got out their phones and started a silent countdown.

Meanwhile, Minwoo, who has been thinking of haruka and Terumi all this time, has decided to use these seven minutes to ask Terumi all the questions he had in his head. He opened his mouth to speak, but was startled with a voice from behind him, right next to his left ear.

"So, shall we start...?" It was Terumi, speaking in a low, husky tone. Minwoo turned around with a blush creeping on his face, taking a couple of steps back.

"T-Terumi-" he was pushed to the wall and pinned there. Minwoo only saw the faint glow of his crimson eyes before he closed his own, waiting for something he didn't know to come at him. But, the only thing he heard next was Terumi's laughter. 

"You look really startled!" he laughed. "I can't believe you fell for it." Minwoo stared at him (or at what he thinks was Terumi.) with wide eyes, and slowly slid down the wall till he was sitting on the floor.

"...Don't do that again..!" Minwoo whisper-yelled. "I was so scared."

"Sorry, couldn't help it." the other laughed. "I like startling people..."

"Yeah, I noticed."

"You wanted to ask me something, right?" Terumi spoke in a serious tone. 

"How did you-"

"I saw it in your eyes." the twin replied quickly. "You looked like you were thinking of something... And I thought you needed something to get you out of that state."

"So you scared me?"

"Yup." Minwoo sighed. Terumi was really different. Everyone was unique in their own way, probably. Terumi sat next to him and smiled. "So, what is it you wanna talk about?" Minwoo glanced at him with a slightly worried expression.

"Well, it's..uh..."

"About Haruka...?" Now this tone was dead serious. He couldn't even think Terumi could sound so serious, when he looked so carefree most of the time. Nevertheless, Minwoo nodded.

"Yes... About his relation with Kuro..."

"I see..." Terumi took a deep breath. "I first listened to Makoto-senpai and Kaitou-senpai tell the story, because I knew they didn't know the full truth..."

"Truth?" Terumi was silent for some time, eyes closed. When he opened them again, he spoke.

"Haruka and I.... Are orphans..." A look of surprise took over Minwoo's face, but he said nothing. "I don't quite remember my mother, niether does Haruka... Our father abandoned us when we were one-year-and-a-half old. We lived in a poor orphanage for handicapped children."

"Handicapped..?!" Minwoo asked in shock. "But why? You look fine to me..."

"I look fine now... But back then, when I was a baby, I was paralyzed from waist down." Terumi explained. "I couldn't walk or run or anything..."

"What about Haruka...?"

"He was physically fine, but without me, his mental state was unstable. That's why he was sent along with me. Father thought we were a burden, so he got rid of us. By the age of three, Haruka was my official helper. He helped me with everything. We didn't have much friends, and we liked to play when they were all eating or sleeping, as long as we are both together, we were fine."

"What about Kuro?"

"We, after working as rookies for some acting agency, still lived at the orphanage, who benefited a lot from our work. By the age of six, Kuro arrived at the orphanage. He had a problem with his left arm; he couldn't move his fingers. He has been a lone boy from the day we have met him. He was two years younger than us. Haruka insisted on becoming friends with him, saying he felt sorry for him. Kuro, however refused. He wouldn't miss an opportunity to make fun of him, and sadly, I wasn't there all the time."

"What happened?" Terumi opened his mouth to speak, but then, Jeongmin opened the door quickly, and Haruka, with his camera, crouched down, ready to take some photos. Seeing that the two were not doing anything of any sort, he frowned.

"Boring people..." he rolled back to his place. Terumi walked out, noticing a bottle of champagne next to the twins.

"Wait... You got out the champagne without waiting for me?!" he stomped his feet like an angry child.

"Yes." Haruka replied, puffing his cheeks. "We did. Can't you see it?" Then he noticed the way Haruka spoke, and the light blush on his face. He has been definitely drinking. Frowning, the older Misashi twin walked over and sat down next to Donghyun, while Minwoo sat in the place where Jeongmin sat before. 

"Jeongmin, Haruka, come on. We want to spin." Donghyun said. The two walked back to the circle, with Haruka mumbling something under his breath, and Jeongmin patting his back, telling him he would get to take photos later. Makoto reached out and spun the bottle, and again, Kaitou followed it with his eyes. It went round and round and round and stopped.

"Finally... I was feeling a bit dizzy..." Haruka commented, drinking some champange from his glass. Terumi rolled his eyes.

"It's the champagne, silly." he replied. "You have no tolerance for alcohol, ne?" Haruka stared at him for a while, trying to process what heis brother said. 'Anyway, this time it's.... Donhyon and Minu." he smirked. Haruka immediately, grabbed his camera and rolled over to the closet. terumi laughed. "I was kidding, it's Hyonson and you..." 

"...Oh..." Haruka put the camera down and sighed. "Okay..." after Jeongmin took the camera out of his hands, he led him into the closet, with Hyunseong followed soon after.

"Be gentle, Hyung." Jeongmin joked. Hyunseong punched him playfully walked in. The door closed, locking the two inside. Barely had hyunseong sat down when he felt a tug on his arm.

"...Senpai..." Haruka murmured, snuggling to him. Hyunseong felt a weight shift onto him, but he didn't move an inch. Haruka's head rested on his chest, and the boy was curled up on his lap.

"H-haruka..."

"Senpai... I...I love you..."

To be continued....

A/N: I'm sorry this is taking too long, but hey, writing is never easy.