It's Our Secret

My Name Is Haruka

Chapter 13

One week passed ever since Haruka went into hospital. Ever since then, Terumi visited him every day. Haruka had to say he liked Terumi's company, though he had thought he wouldn't want to see his twin brother, especially after their last argument. Terumi, however, didn't show any signs of anger or annoyance, which put Haruka's mind at rest.

One thing everyone noticed was that Haruka's mental state became a lot better ever since his brother was back. Simon said that, although Haruka had shown great disliking to his past life, he had longed for those days again. His twin's cheerfulness was the sole reason Haruka was back to his cheerful personality, even without the voice he loved so much.

Only Hyunseong and Kwangmin were able to visit Haruka regularly. The rest were busy most of the time; Minwoo and Jeongmin were supposed to work on some commercial, while Donghyun monitored and instructed them. Youngmin, who had less work than the three, but took care of little Ruki, took the young girl to see Haruka with him three times that week. It seemed like Ruki and Terumi were the main reasons for Haruka's fast recovering.

"I have good news, Haruka." Simon walked into Haruka's room along with his assistant; a man in his 40s with messy stark white hair and kind blue eyes. One thing Haruka noticed about him is that he wore a too-familiar brilliant smile. "You are recovering quite fast, which is something I didn't expect. You might be out by next Tuesday." he smiled. "I'm not sure about your voice, though. Your voice box was so damaged, recovering is an impossible task." he added. Haruka sighed silently and frowned. The assistant bent down and patted Haruka's shoulder.

"Yet, there is a way to cure it, but it's risky." he said, smiling at the young patient. Haruka looked up at him with a glint of hope in his eyes. "The only way to bring your voice back it through a surgery, but it's too risky, and the outcome is impossible to determine."

"True." Simon nodded. "I thought we should inform you of this... In case you, you know, wanted to try." the look in Simon's eyes showed that he knew Haruka's intentions from the very beginning. Haruka would take any risk to get back his voice. He was reckless. That was the reason  Simon was there; to prevent Haruka from making hazardous decisions. yet he was there, telling Haruka of the surgery thing. Haruka looked into Simon's eyes with determination written in his own. Simon sighed.

"I told you he would make such a decision." his assistant smiled. "Misashi-san has a lot of courage. he doesn't look even a little bit afraid." Haruka blinked and studied the assistant's face closely. He swore he had seen that face before, but where? really, he had to work on his memory. He's not even past 30 yet!

"Seems you are determined to do it, Haruka." Simon shook his head. "I'll have your operation scheduled tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?!"

"Yes. I have no time for this later. It has to be tomorrow, or next month." Simon said, checking his schedule. "I doubt Haruka would let me postpone this for later." Haruka smirked a little at Simon. Really, that man knew him better than his own father did.

"Oh.. That makes sense." the assistant laughed a little. "Shall we go make preparations, then?" Simon got up. 

"Yes." he nodded. "Let's go." they both left. "Oh, and, if the lights go out suddenly, don't panic. It will be me, fixing something." Haruka rolled his eyes. Simon liked doing things that he had no idea about, but was Haruka going to stop him? Nah, it was kind of fun for the young former idol. He was once again all alone. Not for long, however. A nurse came in.

"Misashi-san, you have two visitors today." she smiled, opening the door. Two people walked in. Hyunseong was the first one. The second was a tall, slightly pale feminine-looking boy with dark violet hair and deep blue eyes. His clothes showed that he was either very feminine, or that he was a stylist or some kind of a fashion designer. Hyunseong noticed that, on seeing the boy, Haruka smiled. The boy timidly  turned to Hyunseong, offering him the chair that was next to Haruka's bed. 

"No need to." the vocalist shook his head, putting up his hands. The boy nodded and made his way over to the chair, pulling it close to Haruka's bed. Hyunseong just stood beside him, smiling at Haruka. "Hey, I never knew you liked taking care of orphans." he said with a laugh. The boy looked up at him, then at Haruka, then fixed his gaze on his lap. Haruka smiled and reached out to grab the boy's hand, pulling him, motioning for him to come closer. He obliged nervously, leaving the chair. The black-haired young man scooted to the side, allowing the boy to sit beside him.

"O-ohayou..." he said shyly, twirling a lock of his hair. His voice was quite high-pitched, like a young boy, and it seemed to trouble him. Haruka motioned for Hyunseong to sit down in the boy's place. "I-I heard you were injured... But I wasn't allowed to come and see you." the boy went on. Haruka smiled reassuringly and hugged him, patting his head.

"He looked quite nervous when he was outside." Hyunseong commented. "I'm not sure if it was caused by the looks he got from people, or the fact he hasn't seen you in a long time." he added with a laugh. Haruka chuckled inwardly and ruffled the boy's hair.

"..." the boy breathed nervously. 

"Oh, sorry, Kuraiyuki-san." he smiled apologetically.

"I-it's fine..." the boy mumbled. "I'm just here to see Misashi-senpai..." he turned to Haruka and kissed his cheek lightly before getting up. "I'm sorry, I need to go now." he stood up and bowed, walking out of the room. Hyunseong pulled his chair close to Haruka's bed.

"So, you adopted him?" he asked with a smile. Haruka nodded slowly. "He looked so worried about you. Seems you two are close." again, Haruka nodded. "How old is he?" he asked suddenly. Haruka counted on his fingers till he reached thirteen. Hyunseong looked surprised. "Really? He is quite tall for his age. That explains his voice and his looks..." he muttered the last part, then smiled again at Haruka. "So, how are you doing? Feeling better?" he asked. Haruka smiled and nodded, coughing a little."Still voiceless, ne?"

"..." Haruka sighed, nodding his head. Hyunseong made a small 'oh' and frowned. "I really feel sorry for you, you know..." he said after a while. "Oh, I... wanted to talk to you about.... something..." he said. Haruka, from the tone, deduced it was something important, and that it has been bugging the older vocalist lately. He leaned in and whispered. "...A couple of days ago I... stumbled upon something.... Y-you diary..." Haruka gasped and bit his lower lip in anticipation. He wasn't really angry. He was worried. Just what did Hyunseong read...? "I..read what you wrote about me..." 

'Oh dear...'  Haruka thought, breathing with difficulty. Hyunseong chose the most...embarrassing page to read... Just, how was it left open like that. Then it occurred to him. It cannot be done by anyone except him. Haruka was sure these were his doings. Oh, if only he knows what is waiting for him once Haruka is out of the hospital...

"...You...wrote something about...k-ki-" suddenly, the lights went of. Haruka face-palmed. It was Simon, again. He was not surprised as mush as he was annoyed. only the light of his room were off, as he could see the lights outside. he felt like sighing again when he felt Hyunseong's hand on his. "...What was that...?" then he remembered. "Oh, right, you can't speak... Ahem, a-anyway... You... wrote that you...were in love with my voice....and..uh..." If Haruka's face was connected to a lamp the works by heat, it would have exploded, unless it was able to withstand the heat that rose up into Haruka's cheeks, turning his pale face deep red. Seriously, that certain person that left his diary open on that specific page was going to die some day...

"...you wanted to...kiss me..." Hyunseong whispered right into Haruka's ears. Haruka's eyes twitched. He didn't remember writing that! Though he had to admit, he thought of it once or twice, but he would never ever write something like that anywhere! This was so embarrassing!

Hyunseong was in no different state than Haruka. He was surprised and embarrassed as well. He wondered if Haruka had a matching blush on his face. It was so dark, and it was getting dark outside. If it wasn't for the heavy curtains...

He broke out of his train of thoughts when he felt Haruka old onto his arms, pulling him close. The way he shook gave him the impression he was scared, but of what? He had no idea. Can it be he was scared of his reaction to what Haruka wrote in his diary? It is possible.

"Haruka... what's wrong...?" he asked, moving to sit next to the boy, who shook even more, clinging to him. "Hey, what is it?" he looked around the room and that was when he noticed a blinking red light in the corner of the room. "Is it that light...?" Haruka nodded frantically and buried his face into Hyunseong's side. Hyunseong sighed in relief and smiled. "Oh, don't be such a wimp." Haruka stopped shaking, and, in the very dim light that snuck into the room from outside, he could see Haruka looking up at him, holding a hurt look in his eyes. "O-oh... I'm sorry, that wasn't what I meant to say... Sorry..." Haruka just leaned on him, keeping his eyes closed so he wouldn't look at that blinking light. Hyunseong just held him like a mother -highlight that- holds her child. 

'...He forgot... Gladly...'  he thought with a small smile, burying his face deeper and he caught a glimpse of that blinking light. He made a mental note to terminate what ever was making that annoying blinking. Moreover, it was on the ceiling, which gave him that image of a spider up there, ready to attack him. Oh, how he feared those...

"Hey... about your diary..." There he went again, ruining Haruka's mental happy dance. "I hid it so no one would read that... It's just... too embarrassing...to both of us..." he  said with a nervous laugh. "Though I can give you a small kiss... Take it as a request from a loyal fan." he added. Haruka's eyes twitched again as he tightened his grip onto the older's shirt. "I take that as a yes?" Haruka gave him a light nudge. Hyunseong chuckled. "Hey, I was kidding!" Haruka rolled his eyes and sighed, opening his crimson orbs when he felt a pair of lips press against his forehead. "There... You deserve it because you are being a child." the vocalist laughed. Haruka puffed his cheeks, a very 'manly' and 'effective' way to show he was no child, and pouted. In a matter of seconds, the light was back, and Hyunseong, after getting blinded by the light, noticed how red Haruka's face was. "I didn't know I had such a charm...Stitch." he laughed, adding the nickname at the end. Haruka folded his arms and pushed the vocalist off the bed, glaring at him.

"Haruka!" Simon barged in, scaring the living lights out of the former idol. "I'm sorry, something went wrong, but Dr. Kite was able to fix it." he exclaimed. Haruka gave him a monotone face and threw a pillow at him. "Hey, I didn't mean to scare you." he added, catching the pillow. "Anyway, I came to tell you that I have made all necessary preparations. Your surgery in scheduled for tomorrow, from 10 a.m to 3 p.m." he said, turning serious all of a sudden. "See you tomorrow." With that, he left. Hyunseong turned to Haruka with a worried expression. 

"Is it related to your voice...?" he asked. Haruka gave a light nod and sighed, fiddling with his fingers nervously. "Are you afraid...?" Again, Haruka nodded. Hyunseong put his hand firmly on his shoulder. "I'll be praying for you... Don't worry about anything...Little brother." he reassured him, ruffling his hair. "Oh, and about what happened earlier..." he added. "Will that be our secret?" Haruka thought it over for a moment before he nodded. "good. I'll see you tomorrow, after your surgery, if that's possible. Good night." he smiled, tucking Haruka in.  The former idol closed his eyes and breathed softly, hearing the click of the door. The lights went off, and Haruka was almost asleep, not knowing that Hyunseong was standing outside with his back to the door, thinking...

'I  wonder if he knows I meant the blinking light phobia by 'secret'..'  he thought, laughing to himself. 'Oh well, it's too late now...'