Act I: Dr Jeon

What The? [H]

 

After the emergency situation got taken care of, Nicole decided to contact Hyoyeon’s older sister, Kim Taeyeon via face to face. For Nicole, it was a dreadful meeting. Taeyeon liked her, sure, but she remembered Taeyeon had once threatened her about hurting her little sister.

Though she knew many of siblings do that out of their protectiveness for their sibling, Nicole simply knew it wasn’t an empty threat like Tiffany’s.

So as soon as Taeyeon asked “What’s wrong?” in complete confusion, Nicole kneeled. She didn't know what hit her but she's sure it's the right thing to do.

“Your sister had been poisoned by Seohyun.” Nicole said, or more like squeaking. She waited long enough to hear Taeyeon’s chair creaked as she stood up abruptly, and her rapid pace as she stormed out of her class. She heard a distant cry of frustration.

“Well,” Nicole sighed, standing up to see Taeyeon’s classmate had been stunned as well. “That escalated quickly.” She muttered before walking out the class.


At hospital

Hyoyeon blinked at the sudden brightness on her eyes. She remembered drinking a Quick-Sleep syrup Seohyun made for her because she had insomnia lately. Why did she drink it at lunch break? Ah, because she wanted to sleep, you see. She never knew the syrup would work very quickly. Seohyun did warn her by saying ‘immediate reaction’ but well… Hyoyeon is Hyoyeon after all.

Hyoyeon looked around her, a silly grin plastered on her face. It didn’t take a Genius!Hyoyeon to figured out that she was in hospital,

She concluded that Nicole was being utterly paranoid.

“Ah,” She chuckled, before laying down again, eager to have some sleep.  The bed was strangely comfortable for her, and soon she found herself drifted into a dreamless sleep.


The next day, Tiffany heard unsettling rumours about someone and Taeyeon. Taeyeon herself was beside her, strangely agitated about something. She had been calm, not even speaking to her when she greeted her this morning. Only a curt nod and a grumble; that’s it.

And faint red blotch on her collar… was it blood? Tiffany shuddered. Taeyeon wasn’t exactly a delinquent, but everyone knew Taeyeon wasn’t someone to mess with.

Then she heard the whisperings again.

Did you hear?”

“Taeyeon went rampage on a girl-”

“She was beaten-“

“- clearly it’s her fault-“

“-she poisoned-“

Hyoyeon.

Tiffany’s breath hitched painfully. Hyoyeon was Taeyeon’s little sister. Well not exactly sister, but Hyoyeon is Taeyeon’s first cousin and they are close since they were children. But everyone thought they are siblings.

“-what a weirdo, that Seo Joohyun is-“

“-in infirmary.”

Tiffany stood abruptly from her seat, and without any words, she ran toward the infirmary.

Seohyun is in trouble, and poor her for pissing off Taeyeon.


Tiffany slammed the door open as soon as she reached infirmary. The doctor on duty glowered at her, but said nothing as Tiffany quickly dashed to the girl he had been attending since few minutes ago. The eye-smiling girl said nothing, but she was showing concern toward the injured girl.

The girl’s state was awful. Her head was bleeding from three cuts on her forehead, and her left cheek was bruising badly. There was a cut on her lips, and not to mention her left arm was full of bruises.

After he finished attending the girl; which he remembered go by the name of Seohyun, he nodded to Tiffany, signalling her that she could talk to her as he had finished his work. He excused himself as he called someone – Tiffany predicted that it was Mr/Dr Kim, his senior – and after a minute, he went back.

“There’s no internal bleeding, but you might get some headache afterwards. I don’t suggest you to go to your class until first break. Rest or sleep if you can, Miss Seo. I will send report to your teacher about your condition immediately,” He said carefully, writing the reports on his desk. “But Miss Hwang, I suggest you to return to class this moment. Free study time is almost over, you know.”

Tiffany frowned. “I have to know something-“

The doctor raised his hand without sparing a glance to her. “I understand your concern towards Miss Seo here, but you can visit her later and find out what you want to know,” he said dismissively. “As for now, off you go.”

Tiffany shot Seohyun another look of concern, but Seohyun averted her gaze somewhere. Feeling disappointed, Tiffany walked away after excusing herself.


Dr Jeon put down his pen as he finished his report. He eyed the blank-faced girl laying down on the infirmary bed. She was still awake, but she wasn’t there. Dr Jeon tilted his head to the side as she released another sigh.

“Miss Seo,” He called out. Seohyun blinked, shifting her position to look at the doctor. “Yes, doc?”

Dr Jeon removed his thick framed glasses as Seohyun looked at him. “Did you piss Kim Taeyeon?”

Seohyun blinked again, but nodded slowly in confirmation. “I think so. I don’t know why or what, though,” she sighed again. “Her sister, Hyoyeon is on hospital, but she’s perfectly fine when she got there. But today I received her call that she had a fever and stayed home. I think it’s miscommunication on her part, or something else…” her voice trailed off before she shifted her position again, this time her back facing the young doctor.

“You did some incredulous experiment and use your friends as lab-rat,” Dr Jeon stated with a shrug in matter-of-fact tone. “I somehow know you will piss someone sooner or later.”

“I know.” Came Seohyun’s hoarse voice.

“But why did you continue it?”

Seohyun sat down on the bed, and turned to face the doctor. “They are willing,” Seohyun answered truthfully. “They are willing to help, so I did.”

“Are they aware of the consequences?”

“Sometimes,” She answered hesitantly. “I don’t really know.”

Dr Jeon sighed. “Seohyun, Taeyeon is protective of her sister – first cousin, if you may. And she will forever held her grudge against you, and she would never forget about it. She would forgive you, not soon, but at least when Hyoyeon proved that you’re not the one who’s at fault.”

“It’s my fault.” Seohyun insisted, glaring at the opened curtains. “By the way doc, how do you know?”

Dr Jeon shrugged. “I got a friend like you, a friend like Hyoyeon, a miscommunicated and misinformed friend, and someone like Taeyeon. Sukjin hyung is you, Namjoon hyung is the miscommunicated informant, Taehyung hyung is the victim, and lastly me.”

“You’re Taeyeon.”

Dr Jeon smiled. “Exactly. Long story short, something happened that made Taehyung hyung passed out. Namjoon hyung told me maybe he ate some strange pill Sukjin hyung made for him. I was enraged, and I – like Taeyeon – beat Sukjin hyung up without hearing him up. Taehyung hyung was unconscious for two days.”

Seohyun frowned. “What had happened, exactly?”

Dr Jeon sighed deeply. “As you and I said, miscommunication. I trusted Namjoon hyung too blindly that I didn’t hear him up. Me and Sukjin hyung were acquaintances, less even. I didn’t know Sukjin hyung gave a prescribed medicine to Taehyung hyung.”

“Why did he faint then?”

Dr Jeon shrugged. “He didn’t faint. He slept. He had a sleep disorder. He could sleep anywhere and anytime. That time Taehyung hyung forgot to take his medicine, that’s why he fainted. He’s fine now, though. The medicine Sukjin hyung made for him really helped.” Dr Jeon finished with a fond smile on his face.

Seohyun unconsciously smiled. Whoever this Taehyung person is, he must be very close to Dr Jeon.


Mr Kim was enraged by the incident. Seohyun didn’t complain to him about the beating, her sister wasn’t that type of girl. His junior did, however. Jungkook – bless him – as he owned such pretty face, was popular among the students. It was coincidence that Jungkook knew Taeyeon because she had been his neighbour since five years ago.

But Mr Kim knew better to let his emotion took better control of him. He needed to keep his appearance, a professional multi-talented teacher of this school.

So he took a deep breath, scanned the room to look for a certain someone, and sent a sharp glare at her. The girl flinched, but shrug it off as Mr Kim purposely glared at few others (mainly that usually failed at PE) to hide his intention.  Taeyeon was among who failed, so she easily shrugged it off.

Clever Mr Kim.

“Class,” He started. “I know I said today we will run, but I changed my mind.” The class cheered, and Mr Kim unconsciously smiled. “Today we will play a modified volley; you got hit where you’re not supposed to, you’re out.”

A girl with smiling-eyes raised her hand tensely. Mr Kim knew this girl as Stephanie; Seohyun’s favourite senior.

“Yes Miss Hwang?”

Stephanie raised from her seat, an uncomfortable and embarrassed look was visible on her pretty face. “I spoke in behalf of this class,” half of the class glared playfully at her, “that cannot play volley without bumping our heads with the ball.”

A murmurs of agreement echoed throughout the classroom.

Mr Kim suppressed an amused smile and shrugged. “You can catch the ball then, and throw it to opposite team.”

“Like dodgeball sir?” Daesung inquired hesitantly. He was one of the majority that er on volley, but nastily talented on dodgeball. It was quite visible he was struggling to not to sound too excited.

“Like dodgeball.” Mr Kim confirmed. “To the court!”


Er... sorry about the very late chapter...

school, you know, er, ah..