Act I: Dreadful Monday

What The? [H]

Monday.

A day full of angry groans and protest of "wanting more weekend".

But Jessica wasn't among them. She actually felt giddy to start the new day, after having a hellish torture of residing on a male body.

When Jessica breathed the fresh morning air of Monday, she realized that the air definitely felt different. She had come to realize that she had become adapted to her male body, and thus began to notice some different traits.

For example, she realized she became slightly more emotionless when residing on her ‘him’ body. Second, she had also felt calmer on her male body, and found herself confused at some of the girls’ talking. She noted that boys wouldn’t be able to understand girls if they hadn’t bonded for quite a long time. Third, she noticed that she on her male body had a quite severe case of colour blind. “Protanopia,” Seohyun diagnosed that early Sunday morning, when she asked about her eye symptoms, after mistaking Nicole’s bright green t-shirt as “disturbing yellow” and “remembered that it was green before”.

She lazily walked inside her school, biding her friends a ‘see you later’ and marched to her class with full of determination. She slid the door open, heaving a triumphant sigh when Yuri, Kwon Yuri, her deskmate hadn’t yet to arrive.

“Hullo Jung!” Yuri greeted her happily, sitting on her seat with her usual goofy smile plastered on her face. Yuri had always been energetic at early Monday, then she would become very grumpy on near-lunchtime, then become energetic again after noon. Jessica, despite being her friend (more like friendly acquaintance) for nearly two years, seemed not to be really accustomed by Yuri’s quirks.

“Bright as always, Kwon.” She drawled, slipping into a perfect posture for sleeping on desk. “Good weekend?”

“Not really,” Yuri waved her hand dismissively. “If spotting a handsome – almost pretty – boy is good, then yes. The bright comment is unnecessary, though. That exactly is the point of school.”

“Is it not to learn?” Jessica asked sarcastically.

“No, I think it is to wake up early,” Yuri replied seriously. “If I’m not a student then I’ll be glad to wake up on at least ten o’clock.”

Imbecile, Jessica laughed on her mind.

“At what time do you wake up?” Jessica asked, curious of her next-possible-sleep-lover friend. God knows she’s close with Tiffany and Sunny, but the two were damned early people. Jessica barely remembered Seohyun’s threat of “wake up before seven or...”. Seohyun never continued the threat, which, was strange for Jessica. Perhaps because everyone on the house knew which tricks Seohyun were going to pull?

“Depends,” Yuri said. “I usually wake up around six until seven thirty. Dorm is near, you know.”

“Ah.” Jessica grinned. She wasn’t disappointed. “Welcome to my circle of friends, Kwon Yuri.” She said, offering her hand.

Yuri gladly took her hand, shaking it firmly. “A pleasure to be your friend, Jessica Jung. I’ve waited for nearly two years.”

Jessica could only laugh.

Her laugh soon dissipated as Mr. Lau entered the classroom, demanded the students to open page fifty seven, and started to drone about molecules and began to write some questions at the broad.

Jessica hated chemistry, for a reasonable excuse. It reminded of Seohyun’s madness. It wasn’t a secret that many of Seohyun’s victim became traumatized at chemistry but many of them also began to love the subject when the experiment was more than successful and satisfying. For example was Cho Kyuhyun.

She hated chemistry for a reasonable excuse, but it wasn’t an excuse for her to abandon her education.

 


 

The day was rolling slowly for Seohyun.

As much as she loved chemistry, biology, and Yoona, she hated math. She absolutely hated the subject Yoona had her undying love with. Hate is a strong word, but Seohyun simply hate it. Does logarithm has actual meaning for her? She had a future as a biochemist, not a math professor.

“Today we are going to have a surprise quiz!” Mrs. Song announced, slamming her long ruler to her desk. All of them flinched in surprise, but none of them was making a sound.

“Miss Seo, please sit beside Miss Jung for this quiz. Mister Cho! Don’t you dare to sit beside Miss Im!” She yelled, pointing out her ruler at Kyuhyun who sulkily went back to his seat. Yoona only gave Kyuhyun a smile.

“You shall done this quiz in 30 minutes time,” Mrs. Song stated loudly, looking at her students critically after giving out the quiz. Most decided to held their breath. “You may begin.” She said and sat down on her seat.

The papers flipped, and Mrs. Song almost let out a chuckle when a collective groans and gasps could be heard throughout the classroom. Seohyun was the only one who didn’t groan nor gasp. She simply banged her head on her desk.

It wasn’t long before Seohyun threw her arms in defeated manner and practically screamed at the cackling teacher, “Remind me to make a Brain-Enhancing tool!”

To which she silkily replied, “Try to study logarithm and you – I can assure you – don’t need those rubbish, Miss Seo!”

The class sniggered. Few laughed openly. Seohyun suspected them to be math's geniuses.

Mrs. Song slammed her ruler once again.

 


 

Seohyun looked at Jessica weirdly when she saw an unfamiliar face laughing beside the local Ice Princess. Sunny and Tiffany looked indifferent, as they were eating their spaghetti (“Finally a decent food!” Yoona squealed along with Sooyoung, their classmate, after knowing the menu.”) rather deliciously. The scientist shook her head slowly before setting her tray down, Yoona and Sooyoung followed suit at the empty side of the long table.

“Ah, Seohyun!” Sunny beamed a smile. “I was wondering about what you were doing.”

“Math quiz.” Seohyun answered. “I may sounded impolite, but I have a distinct feeling that I know you from somewhere. Where?”

“Yoona’s dorm.” She answered delicately. “I’m her cousin slash dorm mate, Kwon Yuri.” She offered her hand. “And your unnie’s newest friend, after waiting for nearly two years.”

“Seohyun.” Seohyun firmly accepted Yuri’s hand. “I presume you may know this Shikshin?” She asked, motioning her hand toward a happily eating Sooyoung.

Yuri nodded. “She once visited our dorm when I’m around. Sooyoung, right?”

“Abfwolufly!” Sooyoung beamed before swallowing her food and repeated with more refined manner, “Absolutely, yes.” Yoona rolled her eyes at this gesture.

“So unnies, this is Choi Sooyoung. Yoona’s closest friend and mine. She’s the shikshin I always talked about. Sunny unnie, I think you may remember her?”

Sunny raised an eyebrow, then squinted her eyes at Sooyoung’s face. The younger but taller girl visibly stiffened as sudden memories of their first encounter flashed on her mind.

“Ah yes,” Sunny smirked after a good minute of observing Sooyoung’s face. “I still remember you. Do you?”

“Ye- I mean, yes of course!” Sooyoung laughed nervously, ignoring Yoona’s and Seohyun’s sniggering. “I mean, it is an unforgettable experience!” She added.

Sunny nodded, smiling brightly at Sooyoung. “Good then,” She said before eating her spaghetti cheerfully.

“Hey,” Tiffany frowned. “Where’s Nicole?”

 


 

At infirmary, Mr. Kim was inspecting Miss Younger Kim’s body critically after the young girl had collapsed suddenly after drinking on one of Seohyun’s unnamed potions. If he remembered correctly, Miss Younger Jung blabbered something about Brain-Enhancer potion.

Unfortunately for Miss Youn —Hyoyeon, the potion backfired and it became a poison on her body instead, hence making her unconscious. Though not too harmful, Mr. Kim duly noted that they need to wash out the poison from her body as soon as possible. Nicole had been doing the right thing; washing out the remaining potion on with clean water before calling emergency and Mr. Kim.

“I think my diagnostic is correct,” the PE teacher aka school infirmary assigned doctor (not nurse!) heaved a sigh. “As much as I want to be here to watch over her, I can’t. Miss Jung, can I trust you to force Miss Kim here to drink water as much as possible as soon as she woke up.”

“You can trust me with something like that, Teacher.” Nicole saluted playfully, though her smile didn’t reach her eyes. The Teacher slash doctor slash Mr. Kim sighed. But he did gave Nicole an approving smile.

“Don’t let Hyoyeon to drink anything first. It’s a luck your class is very close with infirmary and it’s placed on first floor. Give her to paramedics as soon as they arrive, I’ve got things that screams my name.” He remarked and practically ran out of sight.

Nicole could only sigh.

What a great Monday.

 


It's not Monday, but meh.