Act I: Predicament?

What The? [H]

The ride to their home was probably the longest 30 minutes they spent on their lives. None of the girls turned boys dared to open their eyes, just as Seohyun told them before.

The car skidded into a halt, and Seohyun unbuckled her seatbelt and looked behind, finding Nicole has already back to her female body. Seohyun sighed in relief, motioning Yoona to help her carrying Nicole to her room.

Once she had safely escorted Nicole to her room, she went back to the car, facepalming at the three who hadn’t open their eyes. “Unnie, it’s fine now. Go shower or bed, NOW.” The three reluctantly open their eyes, but nodded and went quickly inside the house.

“Unnie go sho—“

“SLEEP!” The three immediately declared, slamming the door as they entered their own respective room.

Seohyun chuckled and turned to Yoona who was leaning against the car outside. “It’s still early to sleep!” The doe eyed girl chuckled and crossed her arms. “We haven’t been on dates lately,” she suddenly stated, her eyes narrowed to Seohyun who calmly walked to her.

“What are you implying?” Seohyun asked softly, pecking her girlfriend’s cheek before leaning to the car. She knew exactly what Yoona wanted, but it wouldn’t hurt to a little would it?

“Dinner?” Yoona faced Seohyun, who smiled at her. “Dinner that is.”

“I’ll drive.” Yoona said and pinched Seohyun’s cheek softly before sitting on the driver seat. Seohyun pouted and entered the car.

Back to the house, the three of them couldn’t sleep. Why, it was still early to sleep that is. Jessica tossed around, grabbing her now short hair and ruffled it in frustration. “Go to sleep… go to sleep…” she repeated like a mantra. After tiring three hours of trying to sleep, Jessica finally succumbed to sleep. Finally.

Unlike Jessica, Tiffany and Sunny didn’t even sleep a blink until midnight. They were too worried to sleep and too disgusted to shower. Tiffany was worried about what will happen if she doesn’t go back to her normal self, and like Jessica, she started grabbing her hair and ruffled it harshly. She finally gave up after she heard a door—front door, she presumed, opened and closed hurriedly. Thinking positively, Tiffany assumed it was just Seohyun sneaking home. With that, she closed her eyes for slumber.

Sunny on the other hand, was deeply worried about something. She was too worried to even bother about creepy loud giggling from the room beside her—that is Seohyun’s. She used to be bothered about it, but her situation was something she need to heed, right now.

But at the end, Sunny gave up. If she was going to be a boy for her rest of her life, then so be it. Her parents never worried about her, so why now?

 


 

Seohyun sighed deeply, her tired red eyes gazing at the paper in front of her. After her date with Yoona, she didn’t sleep a blink after that. Something intrigued her, for some unfathomable reason.

Seohyun scribbled the paper of formulas with a cry of frustration. It was 4 am, and she still hasn’t figured why Nicole turned earlier than she expected.

“Earlier by an hour!” Cried the scientist, and went back on scribbling the complicated equations. She felt stupid of why she, at midnight, suddenly laughing about something she actually confused about. At midnight, she thought the reason of the transformation was quite simple. But after three hours of calculating the formulas and redo it all again (with Pukka as victim), she began to question her brain.

Because none of it was accurate and precise.

“I’m not normal!” She cried, banging her head to the dining table in the morning. Nicole only eyed her with a small smirk. “It’s about time for you to realize that,” Nicole said smugly while spreading the jam across the bread. She was in the mood for Western’s breakfast, apparently.

“Why aren’t you… I don’t know, freak out or something?” Now it was Seohyun’s turn to eye Nicole with small smirk. Nicole munched her breakfast slowly, and swallow it with small amount of difficulty. She was an honest girl, so she nodded. “Of course I freak out,” She retorted. “But I love this body. Why would I freak out if I returned to my normal state?”

Seohyun raised an eyebrow; gesture which she perfectly copied from Jessica. “Touché.”

“That’s right,” Nicole harrumphed. “Here; Strawberry is the only one left. We forgot to buy any jams.” Seohyun nodded, accepting the bread and jam from Nicole.

All of the sudden, a high pitched squeal was heard.

“YEAAAHHH”

Make that two.

“I know that voice,” Nicole groaned, exasperated. She knew her unnies’ voice all too well. “They’ve returned,” Seohyun mumbled, nodding her head as she voiced her thought. “Good.”

Tiffany and Sunny opened their respective doors, and immediately throw themselves to each other, feeling delighted on having their own bodies back. They began to jump in circles, holding hands just like children. Seohyun sipped her milk with her lips pursed, slightly smiling at the two ridiculous interaction. Nicole also smiled, but her smile quickly disappeared as a voice hollered from room known as Jessica’s room.

“SHUT THE HELL UP!”

Tiffany's and Sunny’s cheerful smile fell.

 


 

“SEO JUHYUN!”

Seohyun barely dodged the upcoming threat that is a flying handphone. Restrained or not, Male-Jessi is definitely a lot more powerful than Sunny, Tiffany, and Nicole combined. They couldn’t even match HellSica, much less HellMaleSica? They thought her male hormones would supress her angry tantrum, but they were wrong. Very wrong.

“Sica!” Sunny grunted, backhugging the male so she could stay away from Seohyun—who calmly sipping her endless milk on dining table, her eyes sneaking glances of taunts to the male. “I will not stop until vengeance is mine!” Jessica glowered to Tiffany, who desperately clinging on her arms. Tiffany didn't bother to look up to Jessica. “Stop quoting lines from games Sunny played!” Tiffany shouted, trying hard so she could pull Jessica back to her room. Nicole didn’t say anything. Should she say any, Jessica won’t listen. So she only said one word, “STRESSS!!” and the result was the same. Words ‘kill seohyun, drink her blood, chop her to pieces for making me a freaking man!’ rang over and over to her ears, blocking any attempt of distraction from the trio.

“Alright that’s enough!” Seohyun abruptly got up, placing her empty glass of milk gently to the table, then stared at Jessica with playful smile. “As much as you want to kill me, unnie—I mean, oppa,” Seohyun dodged a flying phone case, “you can’t. Do you want to stay on that body forever? I am the key factor here, you know?”

The force from Jessica subsided, and the three breathed a sigh of relief. But they didn’t dare to loosen their grip, however. Who knows if Jessica is trying to break free when they lowered their guard? They didn't want any dead bodies here.

“Alright, crackpot,” Seohyun raised an eyebrow. “Do whatever you want.”

When playful smile became mischievous evil grin, you know you’re ed. And mischievous evil grin of Seohyun may interpreted as I’m going to screw your life for the sake of my great scheme which was highly, undoubtedly, very dangerous. It seems. It clearly wasn’t Jessica’s fault when the three became pale and suddenly became unenergetic.

If Jessica whom Seohyun considered as freaking hard as lonsdalaite (No one on the house understands) to persuade finally gave herself on Seohyun’s grasp, then what of them? Talc? Seohyun did mention she loves talc because of it’s easy to make anything out of it.

Whatever that is,

They knew they’re screwed.

 


 

“ NO!”

Sunny’s sorry, but she couldn’t help but to curse loudly at her disagreement. She was quite in predicament, but not too dangerous so it could cost her life. But then, like beauty, danger is in the eye of beholder. Tiffany and Nicole didn’t see Seohyun snapping her scissor maniacally is intimidating or scary, much less dangerous. Her scissor was pretty much made from dull plastic.

But for Sunny and Jessica, when Seohyun staring at them with those brown orbs full of lunacies, they would begin to think rulers are knives. And delicious treat known as Papero stick are huge needle. 

Sunny shoved her friends away, then made her escape towards the door. But unfortunately, Tiffany was able to take a hold on her.

“Calm down!” Tiffany groaned, pulling Sunny closer to Seohyun, who’s already opened her door widely, taunting the short older girl. She simply knew Sunny’s strength alone won’t be enough to overwhelm Tiffany’s power and desire. Combined by her strength, willpower, and stubbornness, Tiffany was one of most formidable one to approach, if only she wasn’t very smitten by pink. Meanwhile, Nicole and Jessica were still sitting still. Jessica was too scared to rebel, thus only need Nicole who wasn’t as strong as Tiffany to prevent her from escaping.

“Geez, I’m not doing anything inappropriate.” Seohyun sighed, her maniac expression disappeared, replaced by serious expression. “I’m not doing anything sadistic,” she said calmly, throwing the plastic scissor to nearest table carelessly, ignoring that it bounced and dropped on the floor.

“I just need a bit of your blood—for the sake of science and Jessica unnie. I have to conduct some serious researches to conclude my new theory about your body and transformation.” Seohyun explained.

“And you need only my blood?” Sunny scoffed, crossing her arms against her chest. “Ridiculous. I know you gonna conduct many crazy things to take out any information.”

“Well you are totally wrong,” Suddenly Seohyun became so worked up, and it piqued Tiffany’s interest. Seohyun wasn’t one who easily become tempered all of the sudden. Her eyes glistened in passionate fire as she began explaining, “You could determine one’s age, gender, and even abnormality from one single drop of blood! You could find anything about certain people by just a drop, because it contains DNAs!” She explained passionately. “I can find something valuable—I can see what’s the difference, the root of problem, if.only.i.have.your.BLOOD!”

Sunny narrowed her eyes, reluctantly stepped closer to her. “The root of our problem is you. You made us like this.”

“And I am the one who’s capable of reverting,” Seohyun retorted calmly. “I can assure you; you won’t mutate. Ever. I have injected body friendly materials—so you may say—to any of my potions. If they harm you in any way, then it’s because of your immunity system. Blacking out is one of its symptom.” She turned to Nicole, who at the moment, seemed lost on her thought.

Sunny sighed in defeat. No matter how ridiculous it is, Seohyun always put safety first. “Alright then,” she uncrossed her arms, now staring at Seohyun with determination without sign of doubt.

“Let’s roll.”