Act I: Hot Chocolate

What The? [H]

 

“Er, Hyun-ah…” Seohyun turned her body at her call. “Yes, un—oppa?” She asked sweetly, almost calling her ‘unnie’ when there were lots of people around. Though Seohyun was sure no one would pay any attention, but Seohyun won’t take any risk if there was someone who ‘accidentally’ listened (Listening and hearing are different!) and started to think nonsense. Nonsenses are okay, but a nonsense that could lead her career to crumble? That is serious.

“When will the pill work?” Jessica asked curiously, a bit of hesitation was evident on her voice. Receiving no answer from the younger, she quickened her pace to match with Seohyun who always walk in front, just because she was the driver. She had enough of her unnies’ (Tiffany and Jessica) slow paces when walking, and once she gotten herself into quite a predicament because she was late to a tutoring.

All because of Jessica was walking like a sloth. On another time it was Tiffany, but she was a bit quicker. Because of the two Seohyun was expelled from the tutoring. And the two never said sorry. “Seohyun-ah, you walk like an antelope, while we walk like a normal human.” Were Tiffany’s smartass response. Seohyun only smiled. She always did whenever Tiffany gave her an excuse.


But that sole time, Seohyun gave Tiffany a mean left-hook.

Serves her right.


Since then she declared herself as their driver, mainly because she was the only one who appreciate time, scientist instinct aside.

“Hold my hand first,” Seohyun suddenly said after looking at her watch. “Why?” She asked, but complied. “Because there’s my ex-friend there.” She replied, her eyes cold. Jessica and Krystal looked confused at the change.

“OI!” Tiffany jumped forward, readying her arms to cut off Seohyun’s hand from Jessica’s. “Jesse is mine!” she said a bit loudly. Sunny quickly pulled Tiffany away, knowing Seohyun is in need of Jessica’s natural intimidating feature. No offence.

“Quiet woman!” Nicole hissed as she too, noticed what made Seohyun’s calm face suddenly hardened. “That’s Camille Kim.” At her short statement Tiffany widened her eyes, straightened her posture, and looked for the said person with craning neck.

Then she saw her. Camille Kim. Someone whom Seohyun hated so much in the present but loved so much in the past. She was a beautiful girl, slim and tall, almost resembled Yoona in some ways, but her eyes weren’t similar to a doe—they were cat-like. Blue, bright, small, and full of malice. Camille, having caught a glimpse of Seohyun, decided to strode gracefully to her.


In Jessica’s eyes, she looked like an Ostrich trying to walk like a royal.

Scratch that, she was trying too hard.

A cancer in eyes.


“Ah, Kim-Seo Juhyun.” She greeted her with a tone of malice.

“It is Seohyun for you, bastard.” Seohyun calmly corrected, her smile betrayed her tone. If the situation wasn’t so serious, then Jessica would laugh. If Seohyun’s hand wasn’t sweating and shaking, she definitely would. “Why are you here, Kim?” She asked, or more like demanded an answer. Jessica silently clapped when Seohyun managed to say it without any hint of anger or tremble. She kept it monotone and cold.

Camille raised an eyebrow, then glanced to the other girls and then to Jessica. She looked a bit fidgety, considering she was with herself only, but she covered her fear successfully. “Going to our surname, aren’t we?” She chuckled. “Why because this is where I was born! Surely you don’t expect me to stay all of my life in a land full of lies and fake liberty, do you?” She looked at Seohyun haughtily, who only stared coldly into her eyes.

Tiffany opened to reply, but Jessica beat her to it. “America is fine as it is,” she said, her voice was deep and intimidating. “If you have a problem with a nice country like that, then the problem must be you.” She spat, her eyes turned into what of a sneer.

“HAH! BURN !” How tempting, Tiffany wanted to say those words to Camille’s face so badly. She was a , she is a , and she deserved it.

Camille looked undeterred. “I like you,” she purred, looking seductively at Jessica, who had goosebumps at the gesture. Mainly because the girl in front of them is a and a creep, and Krystal is glaring at Camille. Everyone knows Krystal’s gaze is cold. Camille traced her fingers on Jessica’s well-defined chest, while looking at the ‘man’ with an impressed and hungry eyes. Jessica rudely yanked her hand away. “While I do not.” Jessica said coldly, her eyes still glaring at Camille.

Camille only shrugged, but her lips still curving the same smile. That damn, irritating smile. “Why are you hanging up with a freak like her?” She pointed at Seohyun in disgust, and the others widened their eyes, feeling the urge to chop that finger and feed it to some dogs.

Jessica gave her a disdainful glare. Her lips curved into a malicious smile as she said, “Because I’m her brother, you .” She said coolly and urged them to move.

 


 

“I must say that was classic.” Tiffany said merrily, giving thumbs up to Jessica who held a shaking Seohyun within her brotherly hug. “The look of her face, hah! I will pay you 15 dollars if you could make it again!” Sunny highfived with Nicole who seemed agree.

“Who’s Camille Kim?” Krystal asked in bewilderment. “And why are you like that?”

“I’ll explain later,” Said Seohyun after regaining her composure. She suddenly turned to Jessica. “Unnie, sit beside me. If my calculation is right, you should be Jessica on the way back.” Jessica nodded calmly and hopped inside the car. She blatantly ignored her friends’ horror stricken face.

“OBJECTION!” Tiffany raised her arm hastily. “Shouldn’t the transformed one be in the back?”

“Nope,” Seohyun gave her a smirk. “I suggest you just go inside and close your eyes.”

Tiffany opened to protest, before Sunny immediately slapped her hand on Tiffany’s mouth forcefully. “Right away, yes!” She said ‘cheerfully’ before sending a glare to a bewildered Tiffany.

“Be grateful we can sit on the back,” She growled, pulling Tiffany to sit with her on the very back.

 


                                                                                          

When they reached home, Seohyun signalled them to open their eyes and they sighed in relief after noticing Jessica had already been in her original body. She was completely awake during the ‘transformation’.

“That was the strangest feeling ever,” Jessica said absently, getting off the car. When Krystal had already out of the car, Jessica patted Krystal’s shoulder with all seriousness in this world. “What is it unnie?” Krystal, being a kind younger sister, asked in concern. Jessica only sighed at that, as if she was regretting something she wanted to say to her. “Soojung-ah,” Jessica stared at Krystal’s confused eyes, “Remind me to knock myself unconscious if I ever accidentally need to take that… poison again.” Aside of all of them looked terrified, Seohyun looked at her, between slightly insulted and greatly amused.

“My potion didn’t harm you!” She bellowed, also getting off the driver seat. “But did you just say you’ll take my invention again?” All eyes quickly darted to Seohyun, who was sparkling in excitement, then to Jessica, who was staring blankly into spaces.

“Why on earth…” She mumbled to herself, then walked inside with difficulties. Not only the clothes were very big, she wasn’t wearing any necessary undergarment for… girls.

“Careful,” Tiffany grinned, helping the older girl to get inside. Jessica only gave her a dirty glare before storming off to her room, slamming her door in process.

“She’s mad.” Sunny shook her head. “Anyone wants a mug of Hot Chocolate?” All of them raised their hand. “Good.”

It took five minutes of making a deliciously scented hot chocolate to make Jessica went out to grab a mug, muttered a barely audible ‘thank you’ for Sunny, and slam her door once again. After all, Sunny was careful of making a mug of it with Seohyun’s Delicious Potion.

All in all, Jessica wasn’t even disappointed when her hair turned blue for a night.

Because the hot drink is simply heavenly.

Very perfect to wash over her fatigue of the day.

 


 

I'M BAAACKKK!

After, er, two months?

FORGIVE ME;-; Truth is, I lacked confident at how I write lately...

Please review/comment!