Chapter VI

Power of Fate

Mingyu from the morning he was very nervous about meeting with Wonwoo. He even changed his clothes several times before he decided to pick up the final outfit. Of course he had to be late a couple of minutes. Everything because of the Hansol and his forgetfulness. This boy sometimes really gets on his nerves. Fortunately guidance that Soonyoung gave him turned out to be very accurate and he had no trouble with getting to the right place.

“Hey” Wonwoo stood up, waved his hand and smiled when Mingyu entered the restaurant. “You are late” he added when Mingyu sat beside him. However he did not say this with a grudge.

“Yeah, sorry about that, but Hansol lost his wallet and I had to help him to find it” he quickly explained, smiling apologetically.

“Hansol is that  new kid, who performed on Saturday, your roommate if I remember correctly?” he asked and Mingyu nodded his head. He was surprised that Wonwoo remembered such a details.

Mingyu picked up a menu and widened his eyes in surprise. This place is damn expensive, he thought. Who normally would pay $ 6 for a glass of water? He closed his eyes for a moment, unable to recover from the shock. With his small scholarship, he would have to save half a year, so  maybe then he could afford for a small dinner here.

“Remind me, what exactly do you do?” he looked carefully at Wonwoo. There are two options, either he has a very rich parents, or rappers earn huge money and that means, Hansol soon will be very rich.

“I have never told you about it” he said and looked at the menu. “If you are curious, just ask” he added, when Mingyu remained silent for a long time.

“I am confused, because I thought that I just did it” he said sarcastically.

“You need to remember one thing” his eyes left the menu and he looked directly in Mingyu’s eyes. “You have to be straightforward with me, I hate when people beat about the bush.”

Mingyu looked at him in an amused manner, knowing that this was another way to give him a hard time, and to test his sincerity. He figured out what he was trying to do. Wonwoo was trying to dismantle his power, his ability to use people as he wished. Yeah, he had too much free time to think about him. But there was one thing that he couldn't understand, what was the reason of this, why was he so reserved and unsure?

“So Wonwoo, would you mind telling me what do you do? You are only one year older than me, so I assumed that you are a student like me, but now…” he looked around, observing the fancy restaurant. “I am not sure”.

“You are right, I am a student” he answered simply. Mingyu cleared his throat, giving him a sign that he should continue. “Major - business management at Seoul National University. But first 2 years I studied in the USA and I came back to Korea few months ago” he stopped, realizing that he already has said too much.

“Wow” Mingyu was truly impressed and also really happy. Inside he squealed like a little girl, because finally he managed to find out something about him. “So you can probably speak English fluently.”

“I guess so” Wonwoo chuckled. “Why? Are you interested in going abroad?”

“I can barely understand what my professors say during the lectures in Korean, so if it would be in English, I would probably fail all the exams” he shook his head and shuddered. “Hansol is fluent in English and he always uses it when he tries to annoy me” he added.

“I will remember that” he flashed him a bright smile. “So do you know what you want to order?” He asked.

“W..Well…” he stuttered.

"Well order whatever you want it's on me" he assured him.

“I will just take the same as you” he said finally, still feeling uncomfortable because of the high prices.

“Relax” Wonwoo put his hand on his thigh, massaging it lightly. Chills run down his whole body.  He moved closer to him and now they were pressed up against each other. Fortunately, or not, this moment was interrupted by the emergence of the waitresses.

 

“Wow” Mingyu patted his belly. “Wow” he repeated and grinned. “I have never in my life eaten such a delicious food” he admitted and looked at Wonwoo, who seemed to be very satisfied with his words.

“Are you done?” Wonwoo asked and he nodded his head. “You eat a lot” he said when he looked at all empty plates.

“Hey, I am still growing” Mingyu protested loudly.

“You keep telling yourself that” Wonwoo chuckled. “You have something on your face.” He reached over and brushed his finger along his lips. He then held Mingyu’s chin and tattled his head lightly.

“What are you…” He was cut off when soft lips landed on his. The kiss was sweet, lasting a couple of seconds before Wonwoo pulled away, rubbing his nose against Mingyu’s.

“I really wanted to that” he admitted, his lips still remained close to his.

“I am glad you did” Mingyu smiled brightly.

 

Mingyu could not hold back his smile. So far, the evening was perfect and from what he could observe, Wonwoo also was pleased. They were just leaving the restaurant when they heard someone shouting.

“Wonwoo!” the young man ran up to them and stopped just before Wonwoo. “Your father was calling me, he is looking for you and he is really angry” he said.

“He is always like that” he shrugged his arms.

“Still, you shouldn’t risk so much and you should be more careful” the stranger looked for a moment at Mingyu and frowned at him.

“I am 22 yeard old Seungcheol, he can’t control me for the whole life.”

“You know that he is just worried about you” Seungcheol put his hand on his shoulder and patted him lightly.

“But he tries to track my every fu*king step” he got angry and it was the first time when Mingyu saw him in such a state. “What did you tell him?” he asked.

“Don’t worry, I said that I haven’t seen you today. I think he believed me” Wonwoo sighed with relief.

Mingyu looked at the whole situation from the side. Apparently Seungcheol is a Wonwoo’s close friend and knows his family. The boy wondered why Wonwoo was hiding from his father, and why the news of his phone upset him so much. Is it because he was on a date with him, so it was all because of him?

“I have to go or they will fire me, but promise me that you will call him” Wonwoo pursed his lips together and starred at the ground. “At least text him” Seungcheol ruffled his hair and went back to work.

When the boy left, Mingyu didn’t make any move and just watched Wonwoo carefully. He was afraid to do anything, because he didn’t know how would he react. So he just stood there, waiting for him. Suddenly Wonwoo grabbed his hand and the next think he knew, his lips touched his. He kissed him roughly, forcing his tongue into his mouth. While part of him was revolted by him, another part seemed quite pleased and surprised by his attentions.

“Let’s go to your place” he whispered and bit him lightly on the ear. A realization hit Mingyu like a train.

“Stop it” he grabbed his shoulders and pulled him back. “We can’t go to my dorm, because Hansol is there, beside that’s not the point. What’s going on?” he asked looking him in the eyes. He saw the lust in his eyes and he had to control all his desires. He knew that Wonwoo needed distraction to forget something, but he could not help him. It was not right. The dark haired boy looked at the ground and breathed loudly.

“Nothing” he freed himself from his grasp when he calmed down a little. “Come one, I will take you home” he said and put hands in his pockets.

“Are you fu*king kidding me?” he raised his voice. “I am not going to move anywhere until you will explain me everything” he crossed his arms over chest.

“You don’t have to know anything, it’s not your business” he said angrily and kicked a stone lying on the ground. 

“Bet you were just looking for someone to , isn't that right?” he could not hide the disappointment in his voice.

Wonwoo remained silent, not even looking him in the eyes. Mingyu took this silence as an answer, he turned around and walked away. He did not see one, single tear streaming down Wonwoo’s cheek.