Chapter V

Power of Fate

 

Being extremely busy preparing for the show, as well as with the obligations resulting from studying, Hansol for some time stopped giving private English lessons Being fluent in two languages has many advantages, and one of them is the opportunity to earn some money by teaching other people. At the beginning, he helped only his friends, for free of course, but after some time a group of eager students grew bigger and bigger and people started to offer him money so he could find some time for them.

Now when stress associated with the preparations for the show has passed, he finally found time to return to tutoring. He made an appointment at 12 o'clock in the library with one of the student, who for the whole week called him a hundred times to ask for a private class as soon as possible.

Hansol slowly headed to the library, he wasn’t in hurry because he still had plenty of time. He decided to go earlier because he couldn’t bear the complaints of his friend, who was waiting for the call from Wonwoo. Hansol wasn’t use to see him in such a condition, before it was Mingyu, who called. He couldn’t understand, what exactly has happened to his friend that made him change from his idol to another fanboy.

When he entered the library, he saw the boy, who waved to him with his hand, pointing at the empty chair. Hansol smiled slightly and nodded.

“Hi” he said and held out his hand. The stranger looked at him from head to toe and nodded his head. Hansol did not care too much and just sat next to him. “My name is Hansol, by the way” he introduced himself in English.

“I know” he answered with funny accent. “My name is Seungkwan.” Hansol couldn’t control himself and laughed quietly. “What’s so funny?” He asked, this time using Korean.

“It’s nothing” he shook his head. “ You are just using low- quality English but it’s ok, we…” he didn’t finish because Seungkwan interrupted him.

“Low- quality?” He asked in disbelief. “Low- quality!?”

“Yeah, low-quality” he repeated, fixing his wrong pronunciation.

“I am the best quality” he said proudly and turned his head.

“Sorry man, I did not mean to offend you” Hansol tried to fix the situation, seeing that the boy was quite sensitive about his language skills.

“Are you kidding me?” He was surprised when Seungkwan again used English. Hansol thought he was either still very tired because of the events of the last week, or this guy was crazy.

“Can we just move to the lesson?” He asked hopefully. Seungkwan did not answer, but he opened one of the books.

 

Continuous observation of the phone and checking if there is no new message every couple of minutes, caused that Mingyu was terribly tired. It was only 3 pm, when the boy fell asleep. After a moment, however, he was awakened by the sound of the phone and he picked up semi-conscious.

“What?!” he snapped.

“Bad timing? I can call you later” he heard Wonwoo’s amused voice. Now, he was completely awake and mad because of his reaction.

“No, no, no… I was just taking a nap” he could not stop himself from yawning.

“Awww did I wake you up?” he asked. “I am sorry.”

“Don’t be” Mingyu answered immediately. “Actually I was waiting for your call” he admitted. “Took you long enough, I was just about to die of boredom” he added with a grievance.

“Did you miss me?” he .

“Yes” he answered quickly, which surprised both of them. “And you?” he asked.

“Hmmm…” Wonwoo coughed lightly. “What’s wrong with you today? Where comes from that whole confidence?’

“I am not sure” Mingyu laughed quietly. “I guess that when I can not see you, it’s easier.”

“From now on, we should only talk by using phones, because I am starting to like the new old Mingyu” he admitted.

“So…” he hesitated for a moment. “Did you just call me to ask what I am doing or you have something to say?”

“So impatient” Wonwoo laughed at loud. “Can we meet tomorrow?” he asked.

“I have classes in the morning, but I finish at 2pm” Mingyu informed him.

“Great, so let’s meet at five o'clock at the restaurant called ‘Shining diamonds’. Do you know where is it?” He asked.

“I think so” Mingyu answered slowly. He remembered that Soonyoung has mentioned this name few times, so he will just ask his hyung later. “You didn’t answer my question, though” he added.

“What question?” he asked, being clearly surprised.

“Did you miss me?” For a moment there was silence, Mingyu held his breath, waiting for Wonwoo’s answer.

“Yeah” he said after a long time. Mingyu smiled widely, but he didn’t miss the fact that it was really hard for the boy to share his feeling with him. He wondered what could be the reason, because he clearly knew that Wonwoo was not a shy person.

“I am happy to hear that” he assured him, carefully choosing every word.

“Try not to miss me too much, ok?” he changed the topic.

“It will be hard” Mingyu pouted.

“Well go back sleep and see you tomorrow” he said.

“Ok, bye bye” he could not hide the joy in his voice.

Mingyu was really happy, Wonwoo called him. It wasn’t important that he had to wait almost 5 days, because he called him! There were so many questions in his head right now. He wanted to find out more about Wonwoo, what is his favorite food, what does he like to do for fun, what does he study, what… everything, he wanted to know everything. He wondered if Wonwoo also would like to get to know more about him. Still, he had a strange feeling that something is wrong. Why was he so mysterious, whenever Mingyu tried to find out something more, Wonwoo became really serious and that raised his doubts.

 

The whole lesson for Hansol was one, big nightmare. Seungkwan constantly questioned his skills, not allowing to explain himself anything. Whenever Hansol pointed out the mistakes that Seungkwan has made, it usually ended with a with a contemptuous glance at him and a long period of silence. He counted the minutes until the end, in his mind repeating that he would never agree to tutor this boy ever again.

“That would be everything” Hansol sighed, closing the book.

“Yeah…” he hesitated for a moment. “Thank you for your help. You were my last hope” he added.

“No problem” Hansol smiled at him and stood up.

“I meant it” Seungkwan said seriously, and hearing his voice, Hansol sat down again. “I know that sometimes I may act like an idiot and most of the time people find me really annoying.”

” You do not have to explain” he assured him and patted him on the shoulder.

“Sometimes I overreact but you have to admit that I am not so low- quality” he said, recalling his earlier words.

“You won’t forget that so easily, hmm?” he asked and laughed quietly.

“I am quite unique” he said with a serious face, but after a while the two boys were laughing out loud.

“Honestly, just a few minutes ago I was sure that it will be our last lesson, but I guess you are not so bad as I thought you are” Hansol admitted.  

“So I can count on you whenever I will need help with English?” he asked and the boy nodded his head.

“I should go now and check how is my hyung” he explained and seeing confused look on Seungkwan’s face he added. “Problems with his boyfriend. “See you around” he waved him goodbye and headed to the dorm. 


Well I am not happy with this chapter but I wanted to add quickly something. And there are some moments of Vernon and Seungkwan. I am not sure if I will contiune to write about this couple in "Power of Fate" story or I will write a new one (we will see).