Chapter IV

Power of Fate

“Mingyu, Kim Mingyu!” The boy opened his eyes when he heard the voice of his friend. The next thing he saw, it was the three figures, who surrounded his bed, staring at him intently.

“Soonyoung!” He shouted back. ”Can not you knock?” He asked more calmly.

“Excuse me! Mingyu you do not like suits, right? You better feel in jeans and a shirt, right?” He narrowed his eyes.

“What kind of question is that?” He looked at also confused Jisoo. The boy shook his head and mouthed something like "I have no idea what's going on."

“Answer, this is important!”

“As you can see!” he pointed at his outfit. “Satisfied, or you still do have some more intelligent questions?”

“Do you prefer veal in white wine, or a kebab?” This time it was Junghan who asked the question.

“Junghan what's going on with you guys today?” He did not answer, giving him one of his hostile looks. “I prefer kebab with double the amount of salad!”

“Very good answer” he mused. “Where would you take a guy on a first date?”

“To bed!” Soonyoung overtook his answer, with a stupid smile on his face. “Come on? I was joking!”

“I do not know ... “ he shrugged. “I think I let him choose .... For me it doesn’t matter, as long as you enjoy the time with the other person.”

“Mingyu, you're ... you're .... amazing!” he said, grinning.

“Well let me tell you that I have already know that ... And you'd better tell me what you're up to, because I start to worry about you. Something happened?”

“Soonyoung got some important information from his secret sources about your new boyfriend and now we are checking if you are close to his ideal type” Junghun answered proudly and he raised his hand. Soonyoung smiled and high fived him back.

“I had nothing to do with that "Jisoo immediately reassured his friend.

“I know, you are too clever for such a stupid ideas” Mingyu said.

“Hey!” Junghan protested. “Stupid? Ok so we will not tell you anything before you first date and you will have to cope with everything all by yourself.” Soonyoung nodded and they both smiled.

“It is not a date” he answered quickly, quietly sighing at the same time.

“Will you tell us what exactly had happened on Saturday? We tried to ask Hansol but he has not said even a word” Junghan pouted and Soonyoung joined him.

“Maybe if you tell us you will feel better and we could help you somehow” Jisoo added and sat on the edge of the bed.

“Before the Hansol’s performance I talked to him for a moment and he introduced himself. He didn’t have too much time so after few minutes he had to leave me. Then…” Mingyu began the story.

 

Mingyu was staring at the stage the whole time, afraid that he’s gonna miss something important. It was the first time when he actually had concentrated on this and he had to admit that some of those guys were really amazing. When Hansol appeared, he saw from the first movement that the boy is really nervous. He slowly came to the center of the stage and looked around. When their eyes met, Mingyu smiled reassuringly at him and raised his clenched fist. Hansol nodded lightly trying to calm down himself.

After the short introduction he bowled in front of the crowd and then finally started to rap. He was a little tense, while singing the first verses, but slowly he started to gain more confidence. Mingyu was terribly proud of him. Hansol felt on the stage like a fish in water and what is the most important, audience liked his performance.

 

“How was it hyung?” He asked his friend just after he left the stage.

“You were amazing” Mingyu hugged him. “I knew it. Have you seen the people’s reaction? They love you.”

“You think so?” he asked hopefully.

“Hell yeah” he said in English and ruffled his hair. Hansol laughed loudly.

“You know that now it will be Wonwoo sunbae turn?” he asked.

“Yeah I know, so shut up now” he playfully smacked him in the head and the younger boy laughed again.

His mouth dropped at the sound of his deep husky voice. Mingyu couldn't contain himself, the pleasure of Wonwoo’s voice ripped through him hard it left him dazed. You could feel that everything about what he sings is true, he meant all the words he was singing. He was so lost in the music that he did not look at him, not even once, but that did not bother him. He was enjoying the moment.

 

Mingyu looked around nervously. Hansol has already left him alone with a group of rap friends but it was not him, that he was looking for. Then he felt someone's breath on his neck. He turned his head slightly to the right and right next to him he saw a familiar face.

“Are you waiting for someone?” he  whispered next to his ear.

“N… no” he stumbled. “I was just looking around” he added more confidently.

“That’s a shame” he said.

“Why?” Mingyu  turned toward him impatiently waiting for his response.

“Because I was looking for you” he said openly.

“You were looking for me?” he repeated after him.

“Yes. Why are you so surprised? I like you and I think that you also like me . At least you gave me such an impression during our kiss” he answered with a big grin on his face. Mingyu stared at him in disbelief. “And do not lie to me with this excuse about crazy ex-girlfriend” he added.

“She was not my girlfriend” he replied automatically. “I.. I just didn’t expect you to be so direct” he admitted frankly. “I have heard that…”

“So you prefer to ask other people rather than me?” he asked, raising an eyebrow. “Most of the things you have heard are just a gossips” he added quickly.

“It’s not like that” he firmly denied and Wonwoo just smiled. “I just wanted to find out, who are you” he admitted shyly. “But honestly it’s not easy, you seem to be very mysterious.”

On the boy's face for a split second there was a slight grimace. However, it soon disappeared and Mingyu was not quite sure if he really saw it, or maybe just imagined it. Wonwoo put his hands in his pockets and thought for a moment.

“If you're curious about something, you can just ask me” he looked him directly in the eyes, waiting for any question.

“Hmm…” he kept opening and closing his mouth trying to find the right words. “How old are you actually?” He finally asked, althought it wasn’t exactly what he wanted to know at that moment. He mentally slapped himself and Wonwoo laughed quietly.

“I am 22” he answered with a hint of amusement in his voice. “What about you?”

“Oh, so you are my hyung, I am 21” he said.

“I don’t want you to call me that, ok?” he asked firmly. “You know my name, right?”

“Yes” he confirmed, nodding his head. “Wonwoo” he added much more quietly.

“I didn’t expect you to be so shy” he admitted, smiling lightly. He raised his hand and fixed  a lock of Mingyu’s hair behind his ear. “My first impression of you was completely different. You seemed to be awfully confident.”

“I also thought so, until now” he mutter under his breath so the older boy would not hear him. He was still stunned by the unexpected touch on his hair. “I am rather confident” he answered and Wonwoo looked at him in disbelief. “I am not really sure why I am acting like this right now” he added.

“Am I making you nervous?” As he spoke, he approached him even more.

“You are having too much fun, huh?” Mingyu put his hand on his chest to stop him from trying to get any closer.

“Just a little bit” he laughed and took a small step back. “I guess your confidence is coming back.”

“I guess so” he answered. “I think it would be fully recovered if we would spend more time with each other” he blushed after saying it so up front and unashamed, but on the other hand, he eagerly was waiting for his reaction.

“You think so?” He smiled broadly. “Here” he pulled out his phone and handed it to him.

“What’s that?” Mingyu asked, surprised by the turn of events.

“A phone?” he replied sarcastically. “Give me your number. I will call you and give you all information about the place and time of our next meeting” he added.

“Like we could not establish it right now” he mumbled but still typed his number.

“Thanks” Wonwoo smiled at him and took back his phone. “I have to go now, wait for my call.”

 

“That’s great” Junghan exclaimed enthusiastically and because of the excitement he hugged his boyfriend tightly.

“Yeah, if you are worried that he won’t call you, you shouldn’t. I am sure he will” Jisoo assured him.

“It’s not that” he shook his head.

“So what is it?” Soonyoung asked, watching him carefully.

“I am not quite sure yet, but I will try to find out.”


 

Thank you for all your comments and…

Vernon: Wait a moment

Huh?

Vernon: I have heard that you are planning to match me with Seungkwan.

What? Who told you that?

Vernon: Soonyoung, but it does not matter. Do not play innocent. Don’t even think to create a new couple and most important don’t even think about me with Seungkwan.

But why?

Vernon: This boy never closes his mouth, he talks or sings non-stop . My head aches even at this memory.

If you do not want to, there will be others more willing to do that.

Vernon: NO! I mean… just no! OMG, just focus on Meanie, ok?


Ok so someone asked me to include Vernon & Seungkwan couple, but I prefer to focus, at least for now, on one couple (plus really small epsiodes of Jisoo & Junghan) and beside usually I have planned the whole story in my head from the beginning. But if I will start another story, I promise to consider that idea :)