Chapter III

Power of Fate

"Hansol!" The first word that came out of the Minguy’s throat shortly after returning to the dorm was the name of his roommate.

They met almost a year ago, when the younger of them just started the college, while the older one was just starting the second year. After the previous roommate moved out, saying that he has never in his entire life met so noisy and tiresome person, the boy looked forward who will turn out to be his new companion. Hansol belonged to exceptional people, and not just because of its oriental beauty, which he owed thanks to dad who comes from Korea, and mother who comes from the US. Hansol, or as some have said Vernon, as no one else could get along with Mingyu, perhaps because they both share the same passion, which are girls. And even though they differed in virtually every aspect, from the field of study (Mingyu studied law, while Hansol musicology) to a favorite color or food, it turned out that they can live together without major conflicts.

“Hyung?" The boy nervously came out of his room with his head down. “I swear that I did not want him to say anything, but he tortured me" he said in a very low and uncertain voice, because he was a little scared of his friend. He didn’t even have to wait for any explanation, already knowing what’s wrong.

"Really?" Mingyu was unable to hide his slight smile. "What exactly did he do?"

"Well," he coughed nervously and scratched his head. "Okay, okay he did not torture me, but he began to brag that he knows everything, so I told him that he certainly did not hear that hyung kissed the famous rapper, Wonwoo. After that everything was already lost, so I told him the whole story, please do not destroy my recordings." He gave him a pleading look and the sweetest face that he could do.

"You know he can not keep his mouth shut. Immediately after the lecture Junghan found me and informed that he is offended, because I have been secretly dating Wonwoo for several months and didn’t tell him anything. This story lives its own life” he sighed and shook his head in disbelief.

“Really?” Hansol seemed to be interested in getting to know more about that, but seeing Mingyu’s gaze he stopped himself. “Don’t worry hyung, as you said there is nothing between you, so after some time people will stop talking” he flashed him a reassuring smile.

“Right” he said a little disappointed. “but don’t ever think that I will forget you everything so easily” he smiled and leaned nonchalantly against the wall. “Firstly, for two months you're cooking dinners.”

“But…” he tried to stop, but Mingyu continued with another requirement.

“Secondly, you are going to take me with you to the club when you will perform” he added it quickly.

“Why? You have never been interested in that” he asked.

“Let’s say that something caught my attention” he smiled lightly.

“Something or someone?” Hansol smiled and Mingyu slapped his head lightly, but that didn’t stop the younger boy from grinning. 

“Don’t even start with that again” he waved his finger threateningly.

“I understand” he jokingly raised his hands in surrender.”Hyung…” he started shyly. “What about a favor, you owe me? Remember, when I told you everything what I know about Wonwoo” he reminded him.

“After everything I went through because of you, you are still asking me for that?” Mingyu dramatically put his hand on the chest and sighed heavily. Hansol just stood still, waiting for his answer. “Who’s that this time?” he asked after a long pause.

“You are my best friend hyung” Hansol smiled happily and wrapped his arms tightly around Mingyu’s body.

“Tell me something I don’t know” he added quietly and put his arm around the smaller boy. Hansol definitely possessed a great power of persuasion, or maybe it could only work with Mingyu. The older boy treated him like a younger brother and despite the squabbles that have happened between them, sometimes he couldn’t refuse his requests.

 

Those few days until Saturday seemed for Mingyu like an eternity. He went to classes, talked with friends, ate and slept. Same actions each day and no girls, no flirting, no nothing. It was really surprising seeing him in this state, but whenever someone was trying to start this topic, he refused to talk about it. Even Hansol after few days  gave up and just decided to wait and see how is this going to end. So imagine how big was his surprise when on Saturday evening, just before their common outgoing to the club, on the boy's face bore a huge smile.

“What’s up Hansol?” Mingyu even used English while speaking to him, which was really surprising because most of the time he was really annoyed when the younger guy used this language. “You seem to be very nervous” he patted him lightly on the shoulder.

“Well you also would be if you had to perform in front of the audience with your own song” he nervously ran a hand through his hair and sighed heavily. “It’s going to be a disaster, I know it.”

“Hey, hey look at me” he raised his head slightly and with confidence in his voice added. “You have been practicing so hard during the last few days, your song is really great and you have an amazing talent. There is nothing to be afraid of, you will rock it out” he assured him.

“Thanks hyung” he smiled shyly, gaining back a little of confidence. “And I am sure Wonwoo hyung again will not be able to keep his hands to himself when he will see you” he quickly winked at him and left hurriedly, not giving Mingyu any time for the response.

“I hope so” he thought to himself, nodded his head slightly and with a big grin on his face followed his friend.

 

He saw him almost immediately after entering the club. He tried to play cool and act normal, but he couldn’t stop himself from staring at him. His eyes were focused only on one person and he really wanted to get closer to him. Finally, after a long time he could see Wonwoo again. Gosh, how handsome he is, very handsome, how much he loved to look at him. He smiled and admired the way he was standing in the back of the room, headphones in, just leaning up against the one of the speakers.

 

“I have to go into the back room behind the stage, you wanna go with me?” Hansol asked, dragging Mingyu with him, no waiting for his response.

“I was going to say yes, so you don’t have to drag me” he answered, smiling lightly.

“Oh… hello Wonwoo sunbae” Hansol stopped when he noticed him and bowed deeply. His voice slightly trembled with excitement.

“Hello” he nodded in his direction. “You must be that talented kid of which everybody is talking.”

“No.. no” he was slightly ashamed and denied quickly, nervously shaking his hands. “I am Hansol and I am just going to perform here, today for the first time” he added.

“Well good luck then” Wonwoo eyes wandered for a brief moment in the direction of Mingyu, who until now has stood still, unable to spit out a single word. For a short time, he stared at him intently. Hansol just watched them from the side, but he did not say anything, sensing some tension in the air.

“Hhh… hello” he bowed and after realizing he's looking like an idiot for stuttering, he cleared his throat.

“Hello again” Wonwoo smiled widely. “I believe that we have not properly introduced ourselves last time” he looked at him significantly and his voice was filled with a slight hint of amusement. “I am Wonwoo” Mingyu opened his mouth to say something but no words came out of his mouth. He was too shocked and embarrassed.

“His name is Mingyu” Hansol introduced him instead. “He's too embarrassed, because the last time  he kind of used you a little for his own purposes, that’s why now he does not say anything” he looked at his friend who now blushed deep red. “Hyung, you  stood there frozen for a few minutes, I had to do something and now I have to go… very quickly… I think they are calling me” he added nervously, knowing that he has made a huge mistake and should just keep his mouth shut. He quickly turned around and headed right over to one of the rooms.

Mingyu stood looking at the floor, avoiding eye contact. He didn’t know how should he react right now and what is worse he was sure that Wonwoo now thinks that he is crazy or immature.

“I like that kid” his deep voice snapped him out of his thoughts.” Is he your brother?” he asked.

“No” he answered quietly, trying to calm down himself. “He is my roommate” he added with more confidence.

“I see” he crossed his arms, never taking his eyes off his face. “Look at me” he asked firmly. Mingyu lifted his head, swallowing nervously as his eyes found his. “Am I that scary?” he joked. The taller boy opened his eyes wide and vigorously shook his head.

“It’s just… I should thank you for your help” he finally said this.

“It’s my pleasure. Literally” he winked and for the first time today Mingyu smiled at him.

“So are you performing tonight?” he started the new topic.

“Yes, do you like my songs?” he asked curiously with a quirked brow.

“W..well…” he stuttered. “To be honest I was not paying attention to the performances before, but for sure I will today” he added quickly.

“I hope so” Wonwoo laughed softly. “I should start get ready already” he informed him. “I guess I'll see you around Mingyu?” He asked kind of hopefully.

"Maybe you will" he smiled playfully, being extremely excited that the boy used his name. Wonwoo turned around, but stopped for a moment and looked over his shoulder at him.

“Try to stay out of troubles, ok?” he asked and Mingyu nodded his head in agreement.


 

I don't know why but it's hard for me to write the dialogue scenes between meanie couple. Maybe because I try too much? Anyway, I hope you will enjoy this:)