NINE

Violinist

A/N: Another chapter today? Why, yes! :) Hope you enjoy. Please look forward to another chapter soon! I am commited to this to the very end!

~*ONEW*~

Oh, bathroom... I really need to make this the last time we meet this way. You're just so... I have nothing poetic to say about you. End of story.


With a deep sigh, I check my brightly colored watch. The glowing digits blink at me, almost as if they're giggling at me. I would have gladly chosen another place to hide! But this just seemed the most logical each time... Anyways, it should be safe to exit and go back to the practice room. I'm really surprised no one ever figured out that I hid instead of leaving.


Exiting slowly, I keep my ears open for excited voices, in case anyone is still here. I've seen the looks some of my orchestra give me. They certainly view me as their own, but not in the way I would have hoped, as their singer. Ok, time to go practice!


And explain why I left so suddenly like I did.


Sure, I was a bit saddened when I saw that she still had headphones hidden under her silky looking hair, and that her chocolate brown eyes still looked out the window duing practice...


Alright. I was really sad. I thought we totally hit it off last night and that we'd made progress already! I thought I had done an excellent leader thing last night, coaching a member of my choir, helping her to feel more comfortable. It was only one night, just a few hours, but still... I thought I did awesome.


Upon entering the practice room, I can't help but feel very alone.


Where did she go?


She wasn't upset with how I abruptly left, was she? Did I make her leave?


"Baby noona?" I call softly, hoping that maybe she's hidden under a chair. Wait...


"She left, dear. Quite awhile ago." 


Standing in the doorway is the cleaning ahjumma. She holds a broom, looking at me with sad eyes.


"Oh..." I bow, saying my thanks for the information. "I'll get out of your way then..."


So she did leave. But why? All the way home, everything I come up with is my fault for why she left. How can my brain be so cruel to me? Why is it blaming me? Am I blaming myself? Huh, guess I am...


Well, maybe I can talk with my donsaengs, get some tips or something. 


As I near the front door, I hear, "Yah! How many times am I going to have to show you how to wash rice?"


Well, that's an interesting way to be welcomed home. 

 


Seems Key and Jonghyun are making dinner, but of course Jonghyun is pulling the 'I-don't-know-how-to-wash-rice' card to get out of helping. He does it every time. And Key always just pushes him away and does it himself. Why bother asking the dino anymore?


"I'm home!" Taking my shoes off and donning white rabbit slippers, I head for the kitchen. "Are Taemin and Minho not home yet?"


"They will be soon," Key replies, cooking something that smells yummy on the stove. His tone inplied that I should leave him alone, though, since he's so busy with cooking.


"Ah. Jonghyun, how was your day?"


"Got lots of guitar playing done today, so I'm feeling very happy." He gives a huge dino smile, his puppy eyes shining brightly.


"I'm glad. Did you perhaps work on some original songs?" I sit at the table now, across from Jonghyun, a scheme forming in my mind. Instead of just spilling the beans and begging for answers, maybe I can just slip my problem into the conversation... Like a normal, every day kind of thing. This could work.


"Yeah, I did, actually. Some slow beats, sweet words, romantic plots..."


And off he goes to dreamland.


"Huyng, I thought you'd be staying to practice with the noona. You're home so early!" Key looks at me with wide eyes, only just noticing the time. "Did something happen?"


So much for my evil plot. Leave it to Umma Almighty Key, who sees everything, to ruin it for me. Now I'm embaressed.


"Well," I nervously move some hair behind an ear, a small habit from watching the others do it so much. "I think noona is mad at me. She wasn't in the practice room when I came back."


Key stops everything, sitting at the table with a serious expression. He leans towards me, getting close enough that I lean back. "Tell me everything."


"It smells so yummy! Is dinner ready?" Taemin calls out from the front door. Obviously Taemin and Minho are now home. Great. Let's embaress myself in front of my whole group, not just half.


The youngest members enter the kitchen. They're slightly surprised to see me. Go figure. They knew I was staying late, too. Minho even checks his watch, an eyebrow being raised in curiosity.


"Hurry and sit down, guys! Dubu leader is about to explain his girl problems to us!" Oh Jonghyun.... If only looks could kill.


Taemin and Minho take the last two seats. Now I have four sets of eyes on me! My cheeks are burning, and I can't help but look at my hands and no where else. Please don't let Onew sangtae happen... that'd just make this moment worse....


I explain the situation quickly. I want this done and over with, and yet I need some opinions. They all exchange looks.


"What?" Don't keep secrets from me! I need to know everything! Oh no, Key rubs off on me too much....


Jonghyun clears his throat. "Well, hyung... You probably did come off as a bit rude. But you said her position depended on her playing well, right? She was probably very nervous. Maybe she didn't trust herself, yet, to play without those things."


"Mm." Minho nods in agreement. "You should clear this up with her as soon as possible. When will you see her again?"


"We're only practicing once or twice a week now, so... maybe this next Tuesday, if I'm lucky."


"That's too long!" Key stands up, slamming his palms on the table. "You need to call her now!"


"But I don't have her number..."


Wide cat like eyes look at me in horror. "What?" Key's horrified face is priceless.


Taemin chuckles. "Guess Umma is on a mission tonight...."