SIX

Violinist

~*THE NEXT DAY*~*YOU*~

Did that really happen?

Did I truly spend the evening with an idol I’ve adored from afar for a long time?

Did I eat really eat dinner with him and chat with him as though we were friends?

Did I really embarrass myself and show him how much of a fool I am by constantly making mistakes within the whole three hours we were together?

Why yes, yes I did. And although my cheeks still burn with embarrassment, I must say I can’t deny how happy I am.

Taking a deep breath, I jump onto my bed and roll up into my blanket until I can’t see my room anymore; just the neon forest green of my thin blanket and some areas of light. A squeal escapes my lips as I recall last night yet again. I don’t think I’ve stopped recalling last night, actually!

Okay, okay, I just need to calm down and take deep breaths and remain calm. I am not a silly fangirl, I am not a silly fangirl, I am not a…

Oh screw it, I’m gonna relish this for a long time!

After our heart to heart when I decided to believe him, we had settled ourselves into the room, getting comfortable in chairs. Onew had asked if we could talk before practicing and possibly even order food since it was late. I had suggested this amazing udon place, but he was quick to deny it for a chicken restaurant instead: I should have seen that coming.

Onew did a lot of the talking since I could barely bring myself to even give him simple one word answers. I think he noticed that I was still under his crazy effect and was trying to open me up like a book, because he asked about a lot of personal things, like my nickname (it’s ‘Baby’ and he only asked because it’s engraved on my violin in gold and in my mother’s English handwriting) and how I got in to SHINee even as a noona (even though I’m only a year and a day older than him, and it’s all their fault for debuting with ‘Noonan Neomu Yeppeo!).

I had no choice but to tell him everything and actually use my voice and knowledge of words. I told him a lot of things I probably shouldn’t have, since they were things I really didn’t even tell my friends, but after revealing your most embarrassing secret to your bias, how could you hide anything else from him? It’s difficult, truly.

But he didn’t seem to mind one bit. He just took it all in like a sponge, as though he was going to write my biography. Or maybe there was a test on me tomorrow and he really wanted to ace it.

Once the food came and we had eaten, we got down to business and finally started practicing. I messed up each time, but Onew only ever gave me encouraging smiles. He never once stopped when I made a mistake to tell me I was doing wrong or that I need to stop being so lame. He did just as he said he would and kept on going through while I tried to correct myself. He was a complete gentleman about everything. I didn’t feel like a loser once.

We ended up talking even more after packing up our things and cleaning the room. I found that I was becoming a little more open with him. My hands finally stopped shaking and I could actually look him in the eyes when he wasn’t looking directly at me.

As we said our goodbyes, though, my shyness came back as Onew asked if he could keep practicing alone with me.

~*FLASHBACK*~

“You… You want to do this again? With me?” I point at myself just to make sure he understands who he’s talking about. Practice was terrible and we didn’t get anywhere except possibly straining his voice (and my poor red fingers, but those are not as important as his voice! He has schedules and places to go and people to sing to and songs to record!).

“Are you sure?” Can my expression get any more confused to convey my feelings?

His smile reaches both eyes, pushing them closed. “Of course! It was so much fun and I’m learning a lot. I think this will be good for both of us. Actually, can we also meet on days there isn’t practice? That way we won’t be so tired from the director breathing down our necks.”

“…” I’m at a loss for words as my brain tries to catch up with Onew and understand his words.

Onew must understand what I’m thinking because he smiles some more and says, “It may be tiring if we practice every day, so maybe we can also just sit and talk, like today. I think that would also be good for us. I’d like to know more about you.”

“Okay...” I my lips and force myself to look him in the eyes. A smiles appears on my lips and I don’t know how it got there as I say, “Let’s do it.”

His face lightens and I swear it was like he had been holding his breath as he says, “Thank you!” He bows once more and I do it in return yet again. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Baby noona!”

My cheeks feel aflame and my eyes widen as I watch SHINee’s leader turn around and head out before me. Did he just… call me Baby…?

~*END FLASHBACK*~

“Ahh… If ShaWols found out about this, I think I’d be dead meat and my life as a solo violinist would be ruined… But it’s not like we’re dating or anything. Psh.” I rolls my eyes and unwrap myself from my blanket to sit up. “He just wants to get to know me and be friends. After all, I am going to be on stage with him at all of his concerts. He’s probably being just as friendly with the others.”

The fangirl in me can’t help but want to think otherwise.

She can’t help but make me want to think that maybe he’s actually interested in me and that’s why he’s doing this, or maybe he’s already madly in love with me!

No no no! Shame on you, inner fangirl! Remember? I’m putting you aside so I can concentrate better and not get kicked out!

Speaking of, I need to get going! Practice is going to start soon and today I find out from the director if I’m staying or not! Crud I can’t be late for this!

As fast as lightening I grab what I need and rush out the door.

Do you know how hard it is to rush in heels and a skirt?

No, I’m not dressing up a little today, what are you talking about?

I enjoy wearing skirts and heels, I just happen to not wear them often because I’m too lazy to dress up. Today I just so happened to have woken up earlier than usual; so I decided to wear a cute black skirt and a flowery top, with my new heels that have been hiding in my closet for the past two months.

Onew has nothing to do with it. I don’t want to show him that I have cute things besides jeans and shirts in my closet.

When I finally reach the building, I suddenly feel stupid for dressing up. He’ll definitely think of me as another fan now. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's a little short, but tada! 8D Another chapter, like I said! Took me awhile, but it's up today! (snow was a huge distraction for me, sorry!)

Anyways, I'll be working a lot this week, but I'm hoping I'll be able to keep updating as much, just not everyday. Maybe once a week?

That might be good LOL I'll try for that.

So my fic has been changing and turning from the original intention I had. This was suppose to be a one shot but I decided to turn it into a few chapters, but as I was typing it up.... Onew popped up and suddenly everything changed.

I have a lot of ideas for this fic and I want to see them happen LOL I dunno how long this fic will be, but its got awhile to go before it ends at least ;P

A friend mentioned this was very fluffy and cutesy and she doesn't usually do that, so I'm sorry for the cavaties(?). I'm a secret sweetaholic I guess LOL

Remember, don't be afraid to tell me what you think. I'm learning from this and input helps me figure it out lol Even just "I like it!" gives me something XD Means I'm not doing a bad job I suppose LOL