ELEVEN

Violinist

A/N: And we have internet back! :) Enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah, Taeminnie! Minho! I didn't know you'd be here." Onew's voice sounds happy, yet... not.


The two younger boys don't seem to care, though, as they sit down at our table across from us. They take their sunglasses and hats off, fluffing their hair to perfection. Even while ruining the single most important day of my life, they look stunning and handsome. I'm just in shock to have 3 SHINee members around me.


"Key said you'd be here and that company would be appreciated. We finished our photoshoot early, so we wanted to come here," Minho explains very smoothly.


"Will Key be joining us, then?" Onew's facade is breaking, but he still smiles. Do the other members being here bother Onew this much? Omo! His grip on my hand, though! It's tightening! My face blushes yet again.


Taemin seems to notice my face even though I'm looking down at my lap. I'm so ebaressed and shy, I can't look up at any of them! I'm in utter shock! I don't think I'll ever get out of this shock...


Taemin glances under the table, most likely noticing his leader's hand holding mine. Is it possible to blush more? I guess I'm finding out today if one can die from blushing too much! With a smirk, Taemin answers Onew's question. "Neh. Jonghyun will be here, as well. Umma says you can't hog the pretty noona all to yourself!"


My eyes widen. Onew's hand jerks from mine. My heart skipped a beat.


The ShaWol inside of me is telling me to act out at this point, make myself more than just the pretty noona that's a silly fan. Be smooth, say something! Look awesome right now!


But... I'm not that kind of person. I can barely glance at Onew when he jerked away from me.


Thankfully the decision is made for me when Jonghyun and Key suddenly arrive, smiles on their faces. Guess I don't have be awesome just yet.


"Hello!" Key says with perfect English and a wave. He and Jonghyun take the remaining seats at our table, on either side of Onew and I.


Jonghyun must have noticed Onew releasing my hand, because when he sits next to me, he takes my other hand, saying, "Hyung, that's not how you treat a girl's hand." I notice him smiling at me from the corner of my eye. How am I not dead from all this blood rushiing to my head? "You place her hand down gently, like this." His warm hands gently and slowly place my hand on my lap.


I clear my throat. Have I dead? This morning I was stressed and full of emotions. Many things have happened, but I still seem to be full of emotions! How did I end up here of all places?! This can't be reality!


"Key... Why are you all here?" Onew's voice is so serious that I look at him. I'm a little confused why he seems so upset. He was so happy just a bit ago. Now... no more happy smile. "I told you this was important to me."


"Exactly. We are here to make sure everything goes smoothly and perfectly." Key gives a little smile.


As he explained the group's presence, the food that Onew ordered came. Minho quietly asked for more to come, getting a nod in return.


The mood is heavy and everyone is now quiet. Onew obviously doesn't like Key's explanation. The food is untouched. Onew seems to glare at the others, but I can't be too sure. 


OK girl, time to do something. You're sitting with your all time favorite group, and there's some tension going on, and you have no idea why. This is not how you imagined this day! Granted, I never thought this was possible....


Anyways, DO SOMETHING!


"Umm..."


Suddenly all eyes are on me. Oh gosh! This is embaressing and difficult!


"Hi." I wave ever so slightly. Can't believe that's all I could muster....


Jonghyun touches my hair. "Hello. We're sorry to barge in like this. But we all wanted to meet you."


"...why...?" I can barely get my voice above a whisper as I stare into Jonghyun's eyes. 


"We were curious about this noona who couldn't play well in front of hyung!" Taemin laughs a bit. "We didn't believe he was telling the truth."


"Ahh... well..." I'm so flustered. "Here I am." 


Everyone cracks a smile, even Onew. I smile in return, happy the heavy mood has lifted. Did I really just lighten the mood for SHINee? Maybe I should start keeping a journal if my life is going to be this awesome and SHINee filled.


"I'm sorry Baby noona. I hope you don't mind my dongsaengs being here with us." Onew's face seems happier than just a minute ago, so I just shake my head, smiling.


"Baby noona? Your name is Baby?" Key asks, his pronunciation of my nickname adorable.


"Well... It's my nickname. Umma grew up in America, and as the youngest child, she called me Baby. It stuck and I really like it...." Somehow I am managing to find words and not stumble on them! Maybe I won't embaress myself...


"It's beautifully engraved on her violin. I liked it, so I call her Baby noona."


"May I call you Baby noona, too?" Taemin's eyes are wide, his face adorable as he smiles at me. 


"Me, too, please?" Jonghyun asks, tilting his head to the side.


"I like your nickname... it seems to suit you," Minho says, smiling.


I nod slowly. "You may call me Baby. I don't mind. Thank you... Minho..." I smile at him, thankful for the compliment.


"Well, if they're going to call you by your nickname, I'm joining the fun!" Key almost demands this, but he's smiling, and I can't help but giggle. They're just the same like when you watch them on variety shows or listen to them on the radio.


I feel more comfortable now, especially with everyone calling me by my nickname. It's almost calming, and it makes it seem as though we've been friends for a long time. They're such great guys.


The evening continues on with food and drinks and good conversation, as if the beginning of this date didn't even happen. Yes, I'm calling it a date. You would, too, if you were in my place! This is a heavenly evening date with SHINee!! The boys were all so sweet to me, and when I would stumble on a word or embaress myself some other way, they were polite about it (except, occasionally Key would just laugh at me). 


When we had all stuffed ourselves and decided it was late and should get back, we all got in to one van. I was squished into a center seat, basically surrounded by SHINee. After 4 hours of being with them and opening up more, I was still embaressed and blushed like crazy. They sang to me some of their songs and random songs from the radio. They even suggested next time we get together, I bring my violin so we can all play together.


I was dropped off at home in a daze. As the van drove off, the windows totally black, I waved slowly, a big smile on my face. I believe I have died and gone to heaven. This moment is me coming back from the dead. Coming back to reality. Except... in two days, I get to see Onew again. And plans have been put into motion.


~*ONEW*~


As I get ready to go to bed, I can barely think straight. I brushed my teeth for 10 minutes, put my shirt on backwards, bumped into the table at least 5 times in half an hour. The others have been teasing me none stop. As their leader and elder, I have every right to make them stop. But as my younger brothers.... I have the same right.


"Hyung, get your head on straight! You have a busy schedule tomorrow! You can't go around bumping into everything!" Taemin calls to me as I almost once again bump into the table. 


"Yah, I do what I want! And my head is on straight!"


"No it's not," Key says, coming out of the bathroom with Jonghyun. He smirks. "You can't stop thinking about earlier. Baby noona is taking up your entire brain."


With a blush I enter my room quickly. Key has a point, but I can't let him know that. But he has it all wrong! I'm just so happy that my violinist gets along well with my group. She opened up to them and she had a good time. We're back on good ground with each other.


It's nothing else. Honest.


Although I am very excited for Tuesday. She's going to try playing without blinders, so to speak. I just know she can do it! She's going to be so awesome!


Also... We set up another get together for next weekend. 


She's enjoyable to be around! Plus it's good for a leader to get to know his troops. I need to hang out with her more. It's important.


Laying down in bed, I replay the moment in my mind. It brings a smile to my face as I drift off.


~*A COUPLE HOURS AGO*~


This evening may have started off awkwardly, and then turned weird, but it's been going wonderfully since. We've been slowly stuffing our faces, making each other eat weird things, drinking good alcohol and fruity beverages. 


My eyes constanly wander to Baby noona. The way she smiles is so sweet. The other guys have been enjoying teasing her quite a bit, and her face always manages to turn more red. 


This has definitely been a good evening. I'm glad I text her. Well, I'm glad Key forced me to text her. That had been an awkward experience; surrounded by my members, Key basically yelling at me to hit send, the others cheering me on.


All good things must come to an end eventually, though. I glance at my watch, noticing how late it is. Tomorrow is going to busy for everyone, so we should really start heading out.


"Hey, we need to get going."


Everyone's face falls at my words. Taemin glares at me, then at me watch. I am the bad guy, apparently. Or at least his minion.


"I guess it is kinda late, huh?" Minho says, looking out towards the front entrance window.


"Wow, it has gotten dark! Taemin, isn't it past your bed time?" Jonghyun jokes, giving the younger a gentle nudge.


Everyone slowly gets ready, finishing off drinks, nibbling on what's left of the food, putting hats and coats back on. As the leader of the group, I let them head outside before me so I can pay the bill. Baby noona hangs back as well.


"Thank you for such a good evening, Onew." She smiles at me and my heart just melts. I'll admit I like being thanked. It's a good feeling.


"I had to clear the air between us. I'm glad you had a good time." We head outside to be with the others who are all clambering into the van that noona and I had arrived in. "Omo. Who said you all get to ride with us?!" I rush over to them, almost tripping on nothing.


"But our rides are all gone!" Taemin whines.


"Yeah! And we want to say goodbye to Baby noona at her place!" Jonghyun chimes in.


"Aish...."


Noona approaches the van, a smile on her lips. "But where do I get to sit now?"


"Here, here! This is the empty seat!" Jonghyun says, tugging on her arm and pulling her into the van next to him.


"Then I'll sit here," I say, taking her other side. She's now crammed into the van, SHINee on all sides. Her blush is more red than a hot iron!


Our driver starts to head out. Light hearted conversation keeps going. 


When we finally arrive outside Noona's apartment complex, I get out first, lending her a hand. 


"Thank you." She looks back inside the van. "Have a good night, everyone. Work hard tomorrow! Fighting!"


The boys cheer and say their thanks. 


"Baby noona. Before you go back inside, I have a question."


"What is it?"


"Are you available this next weekend? I'd really like to see you again, outside of practice."


She smiles. "We already said we'd see each oher outside of practice. But, yes, I think I'm available. I'll have to check my calendar just in case."


"Ok. You can just text me when you find out. You can also just text me whenever..."


She blushes. "Thanks. And thank you for the wonderful time and the food."


"I'm excited to see you again on Tuesday. Sleep well, noona." I climb back in to the van. I wave to her. "Sleep well!" I close the door and we head off.

Turning around, I can see her waving at us.