Chapter 4

Town House Dork
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -   
♣  c h a p t e r   f o u r  ♣
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

 

 

 

I ruffled my hair in frustration before throwing myself on the bed. I stared at the ceiling for a good minute before I sit up and brought my hands to cup my face. I sigh for the nth time that day. 

I slipped my hands in my sweatpants pocket and fish out the note I got earlier. I read the 5, simple words over and over again until I felt dizzy and slapped my face.

 

 

Yoo, we need to talk

 

 

I crumpled it and throw it aimlessly on the floor. I huffed "Talk about what? How I on your porch!? ing Jung! And JongUp too because out of all things he could made up, he decides to tell THAT!."

I sigh and lay on the bed again. "And me too because I didn't have the balls to tell him that JongUp just made that up and what he really trying to say is that. . ."


I sit up in realisation. 
 

"What exactly did JongUp wants to tell Jung anyway?."

 

I remembered having a serious pinky swear with JongUp and JunHong about not telling anyone that I did THAT, so I'm sure that JongUp would never tell THAT to Jung. JongUp and JunHong would NEVER break a pinky swear. I could bet my life on that. So. .What did he wants to say?

 

I ran to the kitchen and shouted. "JongUp! JongUp!."

In a matter of seconds, JongUp usual smiley face appeared at his window.

"Hey Hyung, when did you get back?."

"Come here now! I've got something to discuss. Get JunHong too."

 

I leave him and walked towards my bedroom to pick up the note I just threw earlier. I head to the kitchen to grab some orange juice and some snacks to give to the kids. I looked up at the wall clock and read the time. 
 

"9.35 PM. Well, I gotta be quick. The kids have school tomorrow."
 

I was putting the glasses and snacks on the coffee table when I heard the doorbell rings. I smiled and ran downstairs to open the door. I was greeted with two confused face. 
 

"Come in."

 

JongUp and JunHong share a glance at each other and walked in. I plopped on the couch and the two of them sit beside me. We sat there in complete silence for a couple of minutes.

 

JunHong was the first to break the silence. "Sooooo. . Welcome back hyung!. We missed you, you know." He grinned.

I smiled back and push him playfully. "It's only been 3 days JunHong."

"Welp, still miss you anyway."

I chuckled. "Here, have a snack. I got your guys favorite."

JunHong cheered and ripped open the package. I looked at JongUp who had been quiet since the last couple of minutes.

"JongUp?."

He looked at me, confused. "What do you want to discuss about?. I mean, I miss you and all but you're being kind of. .weird earlier."

I sit back and let out a sigh. JunHong was watching me carefully while munching on his snacks. I closed my eyes for a second before sitting up straight and look at JongUp in the eye. 

"Remember that day when you told Jung that story?."

JongUp frown in confusion, not getting where this conversation is going. "Umm, yeah?."

"That's not what you want to tell him in the first place, right?."

 

JongUp tilted his head a little, as if he was thinking about something before a light bulb appeared on his head. "Oh, yes, yes. That's why I made up that ' story'."

I watched him carefully. 'What exactly you want to tell him then?."

JongUp raise his eyebrows at JunHong. They shared a few giggles before I snapped. 

"What's so funny!?."

They snickered at me before JunHong said "You don't want to know hyung. You will go insane if we told you."

"I might go insane now if you didn't tell me!."

JongUp look at me cautiously before he speaks. "You really wanna know hyung?."

I nodded furiously. "Yes! Well, unless you want to tell him THAT."

"THAT?." JunHong stated.

"Yes, THAT. The thing we agreed on not telling Jung. We made a pinky swear to it, remember?."

JunHong thought for a moment before something clicked in his mind. 

"Ooh, the one when you robbed his house and dumped all of his belongings into the huge trash bin and you burnt all of it and it made a huge fire which result in the entire neighbourhood almost burnt down?."

I facepalmed and quickly slapped his thigh. "He might hear that, idiot!."

"We're not in the kitchen, hyung. He'll never hear us here." JongUp said.

Well, he got a point there.

"Geesh, you're really bad Jae Hyung." JunHong snickered, remembering the time I burn Jung's thing.

"Well, in my defense, he took off all of my car wheels and poured dog all over my car. I mean, for potato sake, he took off 4 ing car wheels and manage to 'dip' my ing car in a 'bowl' of dog ? How sick is that!?."

"You're just as sick hyung." JunHong giggled

"That's why I thought of that ' story'. It was believable." JongUp stated.

 

"What is your guys problem with anyway?." 

"JunHong, shut up." I facepalmed again.

I sigh and grab a handful of snacks and shove it in my mouth. This is a bad idea.

"Now, back to the point. What are you going to tell him that day?." I asked, with my mouth full.JongUp sigh.

"Well, I want to tell him that you like him."

I choke on the snacks I ate earlier and cough violently. JunHong hands me a drink and watching me with concern. "You okay?."

I gulped the orange juice eagerly before taking a deep breath to calm myself.

"Umm, you okay hyung?." JongUp asked, carefully.

I look at him in disbelief. "You want to tell him that I. .like him?."

"I told you, you would be like this." JunHong said and shook his head.

"No, why would you think of that? I don't like him. God, I even hate that guy to death!."

"That's because you guys never really know about each other! You just hate him because of all the stupid pranks he did. You don't exactly hate HIM!." JongUp stated with his arms flailing around in the air. 

 

I sat there, frozen. I don't really know what to answer. That was the first time JongUp raise his voice at me. 

"I. .I don't understand."

JunHong sigh. "What he really mean is that, you don't even know DaeHyun that well and you already hate him. Okay, I admit that if I were you, I would say that I hate him as well because, let's face it. Jung DaeHyun is an . But I wouldn't truly say I hate HIM. It's more like you're annoyed and sick with his pranks and his attitude. You guys were neighbours for what, 5 months? And me and JongUp hyung has been his neighbour for a year and a half now and I would say that, DaeHyun is a decent person if you know him better."

 

I blinked rapidly to absorb all the things that pour out of JunHong's mouth. I couldn't believe this. I know that they have been Jung's neighbour longer than I have and they probably know him well enough but all this time JongUp and JunHong seem to hate Jung as well. I don't understand! Were they acting this whole time? Pretending that they hate Jung when they actually aren't?! That was simply outrageous!

"Hyung, you speak your mind out loud again."

I snapped. "Who side are you guys on anyway? I thought we were in the same boat?!."

 

"We're not on anybody's side. Yes, you might think that we don't exactly like DaeHyun because hell, we didn't even call him Hyung. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter