Chapter 8

Town House Dork
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

This is a double update, so make sure you read the previous chapter first :)
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -   
♣  c h a p t e r   e i g h t  ♣
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

 

 

I plopped on the couch with a content sigh. I dried my hair with a towel and tried to fix it for some time, but it’s still wet so I just leave it be. I reached for the remote and the TV, while placing my feet on the coffee table. I change several channels and decided on watching some singing show.

After some time of failed attempt to copy the singers, I got bored and look around the living room, as if hoping for something interesting to happen. I shook my head for my idiocy and stood up, forgetting about the show I was watching and went to the kitchen to grab some snack. I searched the cupboard and the fridge for something to eat and settled for some leftover cake and an orange juice. I cringed when I poured the juice in a glass. “I really should get rid of these things.” I said to myself. I stared at the juice for a moment before thinking that I have enough of this stupid juice and decided to give it to my neighbours.

I made a mental note to finally ask Niel to stop giving me this carton of orange juice. He didn’t even have any reason for giving me all these so he would probably not feel offended about it. I opened the fridge again and took out as many orange juices I could hold with my hands and put it in an empty box I’ve found in the kitchen. After the box is full, I lift it and walked down the stairs towards the front door, but I stopped midways after realizing something.

 

I forgot to wear pants.

 

 

I looked down at myself.

 

 

Well, at least I wore an underwear.

 

 

I’m ing weird.

 

I groaned and walked back upstairs and complained at the heavy weight in my arms. I went into my bedroom and took a random pant in a basket and wearing it hurriedly. I didn’t have that much pants in my wardrobe. Most of it was shorts and jeans. Well, I usually don’t wear pants when I’m home alone anyway, so don’t judge me.

I went downstairs, didn’t pay much attention on the fact that I didn’t turn off the TV and opened the front door, heading towards JunHong’s house. I unlocked his gate since I knew where the spare key is and stood in front of his front door, knocking at it.

“Coming!.” I heard his muffled voice behind the doors and a slight panting. He probably ran towards the door like an excited kid he is. I chuckled, imagining it.

The door opened and I was greeted by a big, bright smile. I smiled back, couldn’t help myself from pinching his cheek. He pouted, saying something about me ruining his precious cheek.

“Come in hyung! JongUppie is here too!.” He said.

“What happened to ‘JongUp hyung?’.” I asked curiously, while carrying the box upstairs.

“Nahh, don’t feel like calling him hyung today.”

I laughed. I can never understand this kid. He’s one of those young soul who do whatever he feels like and says whatever he wants, but he knows the boundary, and that’s why we never really stop him from whatever he did.

I greet JongUp upon seeing him on the floor, focusing on something I couldn’t quite see from where I was standing. After calling his name several times and being ignored, I walked closer to him and realized why he was so still and focus. He was reading a comic.

I just let him be and turned my attention to JunHong, putting the box on a table. JunHong peeked inside and his face lit up. “You’re gonna give all of these to me, hyung?.”

I chuckled, “Well, yes, but unfortunately not all of it.”

He pouted but shrugged his shoulders. “Whatever, I got free drinks. That’s good enough.”

I gave three of it to JunHong, and left another three on the table for JongUp.

“There, now that I get rid of these awful drinks, I shall take my leave.” I announced.

“Wait, you’re not gonna stay?.”

“I’ll pass. I don’t really feel like doing anything today, even though I’m bored.”

“Why, stay hyung! Let’s play game or watch a movie or something.” He suggested.

“It’s afternoon and I really don’t feel like doing anything JunHong, Let’s hang out another time, okay?.”

“It’s Saturday and you just lazing around your house. You’re so boring, hyung.”

I scoffed, looking at JongUp and back at him. “Like you guys doing any better.”

He just rolled his eyes and I smiled, looking back at the remaining orang juice in the box, thinking about how to get rid of these or who to give it to. I frown, thinking.

“How about you give it to DaeHyun hyung?.” JunHong said, reading my mind.

I blinked and looked at him. Why did I not think about that?

I shrugged, “Maybe.” I said and proceeding towards the stairs. “See you later JunHong.”

I stopped when I reached the door. “Oh, and don’t forget to give the juices to JongUp too!.” I yelled to JunHong, receiving an ‘Okay’ from him.

I went back to my house after locking JunHong’s gate and stopped when my gaze fixed on Jung’s window. I contemplate on knocking, but when I realize the time, I sigh. He’s probably not home. I looked outside his gate to make sure and my shoulders dropped when his car was not there.

I put the box on the floor and sit beside it. I probably look like a pathetic hobo but I just don’t care. I look at his window again and remembered our meeting at the park. I scoffed, “Seems like that never happened.”

The last time I saw him was that time at the park. After that, I hardly saw him or even talk to him. And that really says something since we’re neighbours and I used to see him all the time, intentionally or not, which mostly the latter. I’m guessing he must be busy hanging out with that girl. She seems like someone he’s very close with and hadn’t seen for a very long time, so it was not surprising if he wanted to spend time with her.

 

I sighed again,

 

No, I did not miss him. We’re not that close and we haven’t known each other for that long for me to have that kind of feeling towards him. The truth is,

 

I am disappointed.

 

After that moment at the park, which was one month ago, I actually looked forward to meet him later. I even planned on hanging out with him and bringing him to some places that I’ve been dying to go. And I have started to expect more in our friendship. He looked like someone that I can never get bored of talking to. I don’t even know why I thought like that. Maybe because of our past pranks and fights, I can conclude that we probably have many things in common than we thought. I know it’s weird for judging someone’s personality from their pranks and all bad things that they did, but I found it reasonable enough. And I’ve admit that I never really hate him in the first place. It’s just that we had this urge to be better than the other and that resulted in us throwing pranks and stuff to see who could do better. We were just rivals.

And now?

 

We are pretty much acting like strangers.

 

I don’t know why but it hurts me a little when I thought about that. Maybe because I am used to him bugging me, littering my floor, or just annoying the hell outta me, it feels a little weird without his presence, even if it’s just to get on my nerves.

I laughed suddenly when I think about myself right now. Before, I was wishing for him to die or to magically disappear, but now when I actually anticipate our friendship, he decided to really disappear, and I don’t know how to feel about it. That’s why, the other day when I went to his café, I got a panic attack since I really don’t know how to react if I see him there. Like, should I say hi? Or should I ignore him?

I shook my head and ran my hand through my hair roughly, before realizing what I did, and fixed them back.

“I’m being stupid. What am I? A teenager? I’m a ing adult! I shouldn’t let this petty thing bother me. Aish!.” I groaned to myself.

I stood up and picked up the box. I took off my sandals and was about to reach for the door knob when the sound of the car’s engine caught my attention. I spun around and was a bit surprised to see Jung’s black Audi parked outside his gate. I frowned. It was too early for him to be back. He usually came back at odd hours and gone early in the morning, doing God knows what. I noticed since whenever I went to work or just went to anywhere on weekends, his car was not there and it was only there when I came back late at night.

I was starting to have an inner battle with myself since I don’t know if I should just go in my house or wait for him to step out of his car and greet him. I chose the latter since he was already unlocking his gate anyway and he most probably going to notice me if I walked in my house.

I wait until he’s done locking his gate and watched his moves carefully, waiting to meet his eyes.

Then, our eyes met.

We just stood there, staring at each other, until I feel tired holding the box in my arms and cleared my throat. “Hey.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter