Chapter 7

Town House Dork
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -   
♣  c h a p t e r   s e v e n  ♣
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

 

I was sitting on the ground, with my leg crossed, admiring the beautiful sight in front of me. I shivered slightly when a strong wind suddenly blew past me. I closed my eyes and sigh in content. I thought to myself, 'It’s not every day I can experience a calming alone time like this. Might as well make the best of it'. I smiled softly.

I couldn’t remember the last time I did something like this, just sitting at the park, enjoying the view and people watching. If any of my friends knew about what I am doing right now, they would probably laugh at me for being like those stupid romantic guy who sit at the park writing a cringe-worthy love letter. Wait, does a guy like that still exist though? Maybe. I don’t know. I couldn’t help but noticed that I have somehow become more. . .cold and rude? Hah, I guess spending too much time with someone like HimChan does have an some bad effects. He really is a bad influence for me. But I have to admit that he was and still the only one I could rely on, and I trust him with my life.

With having HimChan as a best friend for as long as I could remember, I thank the heaven for giving me JongUp and Zelo. At least they brought my inner child and softer side whenever I’m with them. Although there are times when I feel like smacking Zelo’s head for acting like an old ert or pulling out my hair at JongUp’s stupidity, I really appreciate their existence in my life.

 

Suddenly, a flash of images of a guy came across my mind.

 

 

Jung.

 

 

'Wait, why did I think of him!? How dare he interrupt my monologue!?'

 

 

I shook my head to get rid of the image and sigh. Jung. He even has the nerve to invade my mind now. 'Who the hell gives him permission to do that!?'

 

 

“YoungJae?.”

 

 

I jumped at the sudden call of my name. 'What the hell. .'

 

 

“Never thought I would meet you here. What are you doing?.”

I didn’t make a move, and I fixed my gaze on the ground because why out of all people, it has to be him who found me here. Such a mood killer.

I heard his footsteps getting closer, but I didn’t look at him. That was until he sat down beside me and nudged my arms.

“Didn’t know you have so much interest with the grass. Have you developed some kind of a weird crush towards it or what?.” He asked playfully. 

I rolled my eyes and looked at him. “What are you doing here.” I asked with no interest.

He looked quietly at me for a moment, and scoffed. “Really? Still with that ty attitude? I thought we agreed to be friends.”

 

I blinked. It has been almost a week since I’d agree to start a new ‘friendship’ with him, but I keep forgetting about that. Can’t blame me though, I’m not used to being nice with the likes of Jung. Nope. I sigh. It’ll be a long time before I actually got used to this.

 

“Sorry. I forgot.” I said lazily.

“You forgot? Seriously? How can you forget about things like that?.”

“I don’t know. I just forgot.”

He sighed. And things were quiet after that.

 

I don’t know why, but I feel somewhat guilty towards him. Maybe because he actually made an effort to approach me, and tried to be friendly, but all I gave him was a cold shoulder. I understand that he means well, but it’s just I’m not used to suddenly become friends with my long time nemesis. I sigh for the nth time.

 

“So. .what exactly are you doing here?.” I asked sincerely this time.

He looked up at me, and just stare for a moment, before finally speaking. “I’m supposed to meet up with someone here. But I guess I’m a little bit too early.”

 

I nodded and looked down on the ground again. I hugged my knees to my chest and stare at my shoes. I feel stupid now because suddenly, with him, I forgot how to be friendly. I am the kind of a person who is usually excited to meet new people and make new friends, but when it comes to Jung, I lost all that ability. It’s his fault. I don’t know what’s wrong, but it’s his fault.

 

“I was kinda relieved when I saw you though. Thought you will keep me company for a while.”

 

I looked at him with curious eyes. Did he just subtlely tell me he was happy to see me? Unconsciously, the corner of my lips curled upwards. My heart softens when I heard that. Ugh screws me for being such a kind person. I should learn from HimChan how to be a next time.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw an ice cream truck. An idea popped into my head.

 

“Want some ice cream?.”

He looked at me with big surprised eyes. “You want to buy me some ice cream?.”

I rolled my eyes. “I didn’t say I’ll buy it for you, I just asked if you want some.” I said, standing up from the ground, brushing some dirt off my pants. 

He scoffed. “.”

I mimicked his tone. “.”

Suddenly he smirked. “Wel-.”

I smacked his head. “Don’t even start.”

He glared at me and rubbed his head. He was about to curse at me when I offered up a hand towards him. “Come on, the truck is leaving.”

He blinked and shook his head, “You’re bipolar as .” He chuckled while taking up my hand in his. I helped him get up and we both jogged to the truck.

 

When we arrived there, Jung smiled the biggest smile I’ve ever seen on someone and he shouted with glee “I want this one please!.” He said, smiling all the while at the ice cream guy. The guy was startled by the sudden enthusiasm, but he proceeds with his work after regaining his composure.

“Oh oh and this one please!.” 

I frowned at him “You can’t eat two ice cream at once. And stop shouting, what are you? 8?.”

“I can and I will.” He simply answered, smile still present on his face.

 

I was blinded by his smile for a while until I realize where I was. I shook my head and massage my temple. Even though he’s an idiot and the biggest in the world, I can’t deny that he is attractive. I already admit that he was hot before, so I don’t have any problem saying anything like that now. But not out loud though. I still have a reputation to take care of.

 

“And you, sir?.” I was startled when the ice cream guy directed his questions at me.

“Uhh, no thanks.” I said.

Jung looked at me weirdly. “I thought you want some ice cream?.”

 

I didn’t answer him and when he took out his wallet to pay for his ice cream, I slapped his hands away and paid for him before he could protest. After that, I simply walked away from the ice cream truck and leave him dumbfounded.

 

After a while, he catches up with me and stand in front of me, blocking my way. “I swear you are bipolar as .”

“I know. That’s the second time you said it.” I answered without giving much thought.

He studied my expression for a while and asked. “Why though?.”

“Well, just think of it as an apology for, you know. Acting cold towards you.”

He looked at me and then looked at the melting ice cream in both of his hands, and then he looked back at me. Suddenly a grin break on his face. “Thanks.” He said and gobbled down on his ice cream.

I stare at him in disgust and scrunched up my nose. “Yuck.” I exclaimed.

 

He just chuckled and we both walk side by side, searching for an unoccupied bench. When we found one, we sit on it and Jung continued eating his ice cream in silence. I didn’t mind the silence though, it was quite nice. ‘Jung is not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter