Chapter 2

Two Different Worlds

~YMC Office~

After eating lunch with YMC's President, Young Bae was antsy to meet his artists and find out who he heard singing earlier. 

"Mr. Dong, we are going to go to Conference Room C, so that you can meet some of my best artists in my company. Shall we?", said YMC President. Young Bae entered the room and immediately everyone stood up and greeted YMC's President and Young Bae. Young Bae stepped up the podium and began talking about why his company is here and what changes he will make to their studios and offices. "The last point I would like to make, is that my company believes a lot in forging a strong connection with our clients. With that said, I would like individually meet with all of you to discuss how you would like your studios and include. I say this because your studio is where you all thrive and where fantastic music comes out of and I really want to make sure that I can make your workspace comfortable. Thank you all so much and I can't wait to get started!" Everyone applauses Young Bae and many of the artists come up to set up times to meet with Young Bae. 

"Annyeonghaseyo! I am Ailee, and its a pleasure to meet you!" said a very excited Ailee as she has wanted a new studio for ages. "It's a pleasure to meet you too. What time works best for you?" smiled Young Bae. "How about tomorrow at noon?" said Ailee. "Sounds perfect I will see you then Ailee-ssi", Young Bae again said with a smile.

"Damn, that girl has a beautiful smile", Young Bae thought to himself as he watched Ailee leave. 

~12PM, YMC Offices~

Young Bae entered the office and made his way to Ailee's personal studio to discuss the renovation. As he was walking there, he was slightly nervous for some reason. "Why am I so nervous? I literally met this girl for 2 seconds yesterday and now I'm acting like a hormonal teenager! Get ahold of yourself Young Bae!"

Because he was a little paranoid at the moment, he went to the bathroom to calm himself down. He fixed his tie, made sure all the three pieces of his suit were perfect and made sure his raven black hair was perfect. "Okay, let's do this".

He turned the corner into Ailee's studio, took a deep breath, and knocked.

"Come in!" said Ailee. 

"Good afternoon Ailee-ssi. How are doing today?" 

"I'm doing great and I am so excited to start coming up with ideas with you!"

And so, Young Bae and Ailee talked business for an hour and came up with an extremely sleek and contemporary design for Ailee's Studio. As the meeting was ending, all the sudden the sound of Ailee's stomach gurgling interrupted all talks of business. Ailee's face turned bright red and she just wanted to run away at that moment.

"Hahaha, looks like someone needs to eat lunch", laughed Young Bae. 

"Yeah...... I didn't weat before coming because I was at dance practice.. Sorry!" said a very embarassed and apologetic Ailee.

"It's okay, um do you want to go eat lunch with me? I didn't eat either, I had meetings all morning."

"Yes please!!" exclaimed Ailee, but immediately calmed down a little and sheepishly smiled at him.

"Okay, then let's go! I am starving" Oh ! Did I just ask this girl on a date!?! Nah! This is a business meeting, Youngbae thought as they were walking to the restaurant.

"What kind of restaurant are we going to?"

"Oh you know, just a regular steakhouse. Is that all right with you?"

"Of course! I love anything that deals with meat!" said Ailee and immediately flashed a big smile.

Damn that smile again. Why does she have to such an awesome smile!?! thought Youngbae as he agreed with Ailee.

Finally they get to the steakhouse and all you can smell is the scent of delicious meat. Both of their mouths were watering and they could not wait to start eating,

Oh my god! Where is that waitress? All I wanna do is eat meat!, thought Ailee and her thoughts were expressed on her face. Noticing this, Young Bae signalled for the waitress and ordered two strip steaks and a bottle of red wine.

"Isn't it a little early to be drinking Young Bae-ssi?" smirked Ailee.

"Well, by the way you smirked, you are obviously a girl who enjoys a drink or two. And from my experiences, it's never too early for a drink" smiled Young Bae. But what Young Bae said was a little of lie, because the real reason why he got the bottle was calm his nerves. He felt nervous for some reason near Ailee, but it was the good kind of nervous and he wasn't complaining. 

"So where are you from Young Bae-ssi?" 

"I was born in Korea, but moved to Boston at an early age and-"

"WAIT. You are fromt the US?? I was born in Denver and moved to Jersey!"

"Whaat! Damn, EAST COAST REPRESENT! Cheers to that!" laughed Young Bae."You are the only person I have met from East Coast since I've been in Korea! Now, can we please talk in English, because my Korean is so bad hahaha"

"Yeah of course Oh my god, this is so freaking cool and honestly EAST COAST REPRESENT!!" smiled Ailee.

After freaking out about the east coast, their food finally came, all conversation stopped and the sound of chewing ensued. After ten minutes of the sound of chewing and the occasional swig of wine, Young Bae said, "Wow, we really love food don't we?" Ailee laughed and said "Hell yeah!"

After their lunch, Young Bae walked Ailee back to her studio. As they were walking, they talked about home and how different it is in Korea and just got to know each other a little more. 

"I think the part I miss about home is definitely my family." sighed Ailee. "I'm super close to my mom and it's hard being so far away and being busy all the time"

"I get you. I'm the same way. I have three sibling and we are all so close. It gets hard, but just know that your family no matter where you are, they will love and care for you." Young Bae said and looked over at Ailee, who all the suddent had a sadness in her eyes. Young Bae stopped walking and looked into her eyes and said "Hey don't be like that. It's not like you are never gonna see them again your sucess and happiness is what will make your family happy."

"I know, I just feel guilty that I left them and flew across the world to fulfill my dreams. I literally left them there and of course they are supportive but I know a small part of them wanted me to stay in Jersey. I just miss them a lot and I can't really relate all of this to my managers. I can only relate this stuff my best friend Amber, but she is busy promoting right now"

Young Bae turned to look at her and said, "You got me. I know I only met you today, but we have so much in common and I think we can both use East Coast Loving sometimes right?" grinned Young Bae.

"Hahahaha! Oh my I can always use some of that" laughed Ailee.

"I'm seious though! Anytime you wanna talk when you have no one else, you can count on me. Just think of me as your last resort, when everyone else is too busy." smiled Young Bae.

Ailee was a little taken aback by Young Bae's full fledged smile and blushed a little bit. "You know what, that's actually a good idea. I'm always in need of a good dose of the East Coast! grinned Ailee,"Oh and whenever we do meet, let's make sure there is always meat!" winked Ailee.

Young Bae laughed at this and shook his head, "Fine, deal. Then will I see you tomorrow then? I'm meeting with your President tomorrow".

"Probably. said Ailee as she was heading towards the building. "And by the way, thanks for today Young Bae, it really meant a lot to me."

"No problem Ailee, anytime" smiled Young Bae. "See you tomorrow."