Chapter 8

Two Different Worlds

It had been a couple of days since Young Bae and Ailee had their little moment in Ailee's recording studio. Because of their busy schedules, they couldn't meet up with each other often or easily. So, Young Bae wanted to do something about this because he truly wanted to get to know Ailee better. But, he didn't what to do. He want to come off as too romantic or intimate and nor did he want it to seem like too casual. Ailee and Young Bae are kind of in a weird status in their "relationship" because they are obviously physically attracted to one another, but they don't know enough about each other to be in a full on romantic relationship. This is the conundrum that Young Bae had been facing for the past couple days. But one thing was for sure, he could not get Ailee get out of his head. They constantly texted back and forth but it just wasn't the same as being with her physically.

As Young Bae was thinking about this in his office overlooking Seoul, he got an idea. A home cooked meal. When Young Bae thought about this he got extremely excited. This is perfect! Nothing says casual and intimate than me cooking for Amy! Young Bae was extremely proud of himself and immediately texted Ailee about his plans. 

To: Amy

Hey Amy! I hope your day is going as great as you are :) Look, I know that we haven't had time to see each other for the past couple of days and I was wondering if you are free anytime this week to have dinner. 

From: Amy

Awwww!! Aren't you just sweet LOL I would love to, but I unfortunately can't :( I flying out of Korea to perform at music festival in Japan and I have to practice the rest of week! :((( (Author's Note: I completely made up thing about Japan, so don't go searching for it lol)

At the sight of Amy's text, Young Bae's heart sank a little and he was extremely disappointed that he wouldn't see Ailee for the rest of the week. Dammit, why can't anything go my way for once.

To: Amy

Aww I got you. Well, work hard Amy, I know you are gonna kill it no matter what :) 

Ailee smiled at this and got the butterflies in her stomach. She loved it when Young Bae called her Amy and whenever he did her heart always skipped a beat . But she was a little sad, as she knew how disappointed Young Bae was at that moment. 

 

And so, the next week went by in a blur as Ailee hopped a plane to Japan and Young Bae continued with the renovations and and his company. During those days, Young bae missed Ailee a lot more than he could have ever imagined and he could not wait until Sunday Night when Ailee was back in Korea. Even though he most likely won't see her when she got back right away, just the fact that she was going to be back home comforted him a lot. But then, Young Bae had a fantastic idea. Oh my goodness, why don't I plan this dinner right when she gets back? I mean she is going to be exhausted and stuff and a homecooked meal would be perfect. Now, I just have to find a way to get her to come. 

~Sunday Night: Incheon Airport~

Ailee has just gotten off the plane from Japan and was exhausted, but happy at the same time because she got to see all of her fans in Japan. As she headed to the car, she got a text from Young Bae asking if she had landed safely. 

To: Young Bae

Great timing! I actually just landed and am so ready to go home and relax! 

From: Young Bae

That's awesome! Well I know you are tired, and usually when you are tired. So, our dinner plans fell out last week, how about we try again tonight?

When Young Bae hit send on this message, his heart started to beat really fast as he was extremely nervous to hear what Ailee's response.

To: Young Bae

Dammit Young Bae, you really do know me too well LOL And yes of course I will have dinner with you :)

When Young Bae got this message his skipped like 3 beats and he almost literally jumped for joy. He was so excited and quickly texted back.

To: Ailee

Awesome! I am so excited to see you and hear about your performance. Since I know you are tired, I will have my assistant Simon pick you up and drive you to where we are going to have dinner. And before you ask where and what, it will be surprise ;) See you in a little bit Amy! 

Ailee broke out in a smile and laughed to herself a little at Young Bae's response. Why is he always so freaking cute all the time. 

When Ailee got home she quickly put down her stuff and got ready for her dinner date with Young Bae. Her emotions were all over the place. A little bit of her was a little nervous, but she was mostly excited to see Young Bae's smiling face again.

Ding Dong

Ailee openned the door to see Simon, Young Bae's longtime assistant at her door. 

"Good Evening Ms. Amy, my name is Simon and I am here to pick you up for dinner" said Simon with a smile. 

"Awesome! I am so ready!" said Ailee with a wide grin and a goofy laugh.

Simon chuckled at this and said, "No wonder Mr. Young Bae is head over heels for you."

At this, Ailee blushed a crimson red and asked, "He is?"

Simon looked back at her as he openned the door to the car for her and said, "Of course".

This caused Ailee to blush even more and her heart racing. 

"I have been with Mr. Young Bae ever since he was five years old. I got hired as one of his butlers and when it was time for him to take over the business, he hired me as his assistant. And if there is one thing I have learned about Mr. Young Bae, it is that whenever he is passionate about something, whether it be a person or business, you can see it in his eyes and he carries himself more happily. With that said Ms. Amy, he is passionate about you and I haven't seen him this passionate about anything for a long time."

Hearing Simon's description of Young Bae and hearing about how much he does care for her sent Ailee's stomach fluttering with butterflies. 

After not hearing a response from Ailee, Simon asked, "Um Ms. Amy are you still there?"

Simon's voice snapped Ailee back into reality and she said, "Oh yes! Sorry, I was just trying to absorb what you just said.I definitely see that with Young Bae, his shows all of his emotions in his eyes and I just hope that I can make him happy because I know how hard it is for him because of Anna."

Simon nodded in agreement as they pulled up to Young Bae's apartment building, where he his penthouse suite takes up the top two floors.

When Ailee got out of the car, was agap as she looked at this fancy building that had the Dong Corp. logo on it  and asked Simon, "Is the restaurant inside?"

Simon chuckled a little at Ailee and said, "You see, Mr. Young Bae knew you would ask that and told me not to say anything."

Ailee sighed and let out a small laugh and said, "Why am I not surprised?"

"His only directions he gave me were to drive you here and for you to go to the golden elevators over there and take the elevator all the way to the penthouse. Also Ms. Amy, with what you said earlier, you are most definitely making Mr. Young Bae very happy, so don't worry about that. If you weren't, he would not have prepared what he has prepared for you." said Simon with a encouraging smile. "Now go on Ms. Amy, he is waiting."

Ailee let out a grin at this and thanked Simon and made her way into the building and onto the elevator. She pressed the "PH" button and awaited her destination. When the elevator finally went up all 30 floors to the top. When she got to the top, she knocked on the door and heard Young Bae yell, "Coming".

When Young Bae openned the door, it took Ailee's breath away. 

END CHAPTER

Hey Everyone, thanks for the all the support!!! You guys are the bestest :D Sorry for the relatively boring and non-action chapter but i promise it will be worth it ;) I also want to wish you guys all a Happy Holidays and for those of you still doing finals, good luck!! I just finished my last one today, so woot woot!! Again thank you guys so much and I will update as soon as I can!