Chapter 6

Two Different Worlds

It had been a week since Ailee and Young Bae were on the mountain together. And as fate would have it, after that night both started to develop romantic feelings for one another but were too afraid to say them out loud or to even admit to themselves. So, they both went about their days, each hour secretly hoping that they would run into each other. Young Bae was always running in and out of YMC's headquarters as he was in charge of the renovation and Ailee was in and out from schedules and practices. But, as fate would also have it, their times never coincided. But, as we all know things happen for a reason.....so let's get back to the story! ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~A cold, Saturday evening at YMC Headquarters~

Most people on Saturday night would be at home or out with their friends. But not Young Bae. He is a workaholic and likes things done a certain way and when they are not done in that way he gets a little fustrated. This exact thing occured earlier that day when one of his workers messed up the recording room for Ailee's studio. He did not capture what Young Bae had in mind when he was talking with Ailee about what she wanted in her studio, so naturally Young Bae was a little angry. And it also didn't help that he and Ailee were kind of close now and he had developed feelings for her. 

I don't understand how someone can't follow simple directions. I wrote everything down and he just needed to create the graphic so I could look at it and now I am stuck here trying to fix his mistakes., thought Young Bae as he sat at the computer in Ailee's studio. It was now 8PM and the entire building was silent and kind of creepy. So, Young Bae some music to calm him down and to also make the environment less creepy. As he was working he could not help but anticipate Ailee walking in at any moment. But once these thoughts got into his head he immediately shut them down. He did not want to let himself develop feelings for her and neither would he admit it to himself. 

~Outside YMC Headquarters, 8:45 PM~

Ailee had just gotten done with a schedule and wanted to stop by her studio to write down some ideas for a song she had been thinking of all day. She ran into the YMC building and excitedly took the elevator up to her studio. As she got off the elevator, she heard music playing from her studio. She immediately froze in her step and was a little afraid. But, then she heard a voice accompanying the song.

U got, u got it bad
When you're on the phone
Hang up and you call right back
U got, u got it bad
If you miss a day without your friend
Your whole life's off track
You know you got it bad when you're stuck in the house
You don't wanna have fun
It's all you think about
U got it bad when you're out with someone
But you keep on thinkin' bout somebody else
U got it bad

(Usher's U Got it Bad)

It took Ailee less than minute to recognize whose voice was singing. Young Bae. Why is he here and why is he in my studio? Although Ailee was a little apprehensive, she also got the butterflies in her stomach at the thought of seeing Young Bae again. So, she cautiously walked towards the studio and looked through the windows on the door. 

There he was. His head bobbing to the music and singing while working on his laptop. Ailee smiled at the sight of him being so relaxed. So, she knocked on the door and entered the studio. 

As the door openned, Young Bae looked up to see who it was and was shocked to see Ailee standing there. And this wasn't the Ailee that he was used to seeing. Usually, they meet when she has light make up on and is extremely casual. But, now she is standing there with full make up on and the dress she wore to sing. Young Bae was speechless and so shocked by her that the said was, "Holy !"

Ailee was obviously taken a back a little by this and said, "Is that all you have to say to your friend who you haven't seen in the past week!?!?!"

"Ohhhh no!! Of course not", said a very frazzled Young Bae. "You just scared me that's all! I wasn't expecting anyone to be here on a Saturday night, I swear!"

Ailee laughed at how hard he was trying to explain himself and she found it so cute when he was caught off guard. "So what are you doing here so late, in my studio, on a saturday night?"

"Well, one of my employees screwed up. I asked him to create a graphic of your future studio so I could show you and he messed up. So, now I am fixing it and I needed to be in here to see the spacing." said Young Bae. "And may I ask why you are here? Shouldn't you be at some Idol VIP party?" asked Young Bae jokingly, trying to cover his awkwardness. 

Ailee laughed at this and said, "Well I am glad you are taking my studio so seriously. And no I don't party all the time, and I am here because I was thinking of some ideas for songs all day and so I thought I would come into my studio and write them down." 

"Ahhh I see, so is that my cue to leave?" asked Young Bae, a little nervous to hear her answer.

Ailee laughed at this and said, "Of course not! I haven't seen you in forever! Plus, maybe I'll get a sneak peak at my new studio??" 

Young Bae smiled at how cute she was and said, "Thanks Ailee, but I want to keep your studio a surprise. But I promise that it will be fanastic."

Ailee pouted a little at this and said, "Fine! But it better be good!"

Young Bae chuckled and said, "I do nothing but the best."

And so, Young Bae moved over to the other side of the table and sat facing Ailee, as he did not want her to get a peak at the design he had in mind. Ailee got out her laptop and started typing ideas for songs, coming out with medleys, and writing lyrics. There was again that comfortable silence between them that showed how well their personalities matched. 

While Young Bae was "working" he couldn't help but steal glances at Ailee. He had never actually seen her at work before and was intrigued by how focused she was. It was so attractive to Young Bae to see someone so passionate. It also helped that all the make up she had on really acentuated her features and just enhanced her beauty. But, as Young Bae was caught in his little trance, Ailee looked up and said, "ummm do you need something?"

Young Bae snapped out of it completely and said, "Uhhhh no, no of course of not!" as he chuckled awkwardly while blushing a little.

Ailee laughed a little and said, "You sure? I mean you were staring pretty hard."

. How could I stare at her like that? Dammit Young Bae! But before his mind could control his mouth, he blurted out, "You umm, well you just look really beautiful today."

Ailee was shocked at this answer and even her expensive make up couldn't how red her faced turned. Her heart started beating really fast because of how sincere the compliment sounded from Young Bae. After a couple more seconds all she could muster up was, "Thanks, that's really nice of you."

Young Bae also blushed a little and said, "Yeah, no problem." After a minute of awkward silence, Young Bae decided to do something about it and said, "Do you wanna have a quick peak of what I am working on?"

Ailee's face lit up with excitement and said, "I thought you said you were gonna surprise me!?!"

"Well, I changed my mind a little. But it is JUST a quick peak!"

"Yes!" exclaimed Ailee and she ran over to his side immediately.

"Okay, are you ready? This is just the recording part, the other part for relaxing with all the couches is the surprise"

"Yes just show me already!!! I am so excited!!" exclaimed Ailee inpatiently.

"Okay okay, here it is."

As soon as Young Bae showed her the screen, her jaw fell. Even though it was just a graphic, the detail is immaculate. It was sleek, simple and modern, just what Ailee wanted. Young Bae also added some pops of color that was also like Ailee's personality. 

"So, what do you think?"

"It's absolutely beautiful. I am speechless, honestly Young Bae, you are amazing." said Ailee as she turned to look at him. Their eyes locked and they hadn't noticed before but their faces were pretty close. Ailee was so excited about the design that she moved closer and closer to Young Bae without noticing it. Neither of them broke their gaze nor did they want to. Both knew that the longer they were staring at each other at such a close distance, the inevitable would happen. Both knew they shouldn't but both secretly wanted to happen.

Ailee's heart was beating out of her chest and she could no longer handle it. Screw it, she thought and she leaned in and pressed her lips onto Young Bae's. At that moment, time froze for the both of them. Young Bae was shocked but naturally pulled Ailee closer gently as his kissed her back gently. Ailee wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled herself closer to him. She felt so warm and safe in his arms and wanted to stay in the moment. They both did. And when they finally had to stop, Young Bae rested his head on Ailee's forehead and met her eyes and said, "You are so beautiful". Ailee giggled at this and they both stayed in that position for awhile longer, cherishing the moment.